The Trap

Goddess of Night: The Vampire Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still in a confusion state, Ji Hyo tried to search for the mysterious man among the sea of people. But he was too fast for her, so she stopped halfway and decided to turn back towards her house. "I didn't get the chance to ask his name," she was a bit frustrated by the short interaction with the man who saved her life. Ji Hyo arrived home safely, but she was reluctant to enter her house as no one was around to accompany her. There's still a couple of hours before nighttime, so she decided to wait for Kai outside of her house. "I forgot to tell him that I'm on leave. Omo.. will he be waiting for me at the coffee shop?" Ji Hyo remembered that she doesn't have Kai's contact number or his address, so there's no way for her to reach him and inform the vampire prince of her whereabout.

 

As she sat on a couch outside of her house, her eyes began to feel heavy and she couldn't stop yawning for several times. Knowing that it would be a long wait for her, Ji Hyo took the opportunity to rest on the couch, but she ended up falling asleep after a couple of minutes. She was awaken by something breathing loudly at her face, and it was growling in anger. Her heart almost dropped as she opened her eyes and saw a huge werewolf staring straight at her with claws hooked on the couch - not giving her a chance to escape from the wild beast. In fear of her life, Ji Hyo summoned for the vampire prince to rescue her, but her voice was too soft to be heard by anyone as she's afraid that the werewolf would attack her once she screaming out loud. 'I have to do something.. but what?' her mind started to think of an escape plan. She tried to grab a flower pot next to the couch, and her eyes were aiming at the creature's head. It was a risky move, but she wouldn't let the animal to take her down without a fight.

 

On his way to the coffee shop, Kai could sense that the 'thing' was stalking him from behind. He 'smelled' the creature to locate its whereabout - hoping to defeat the enemy before it gets to Ji Hyo. Kai closed his eyes to scan the area by listening to the creature's movement, and he managed to sense an attack that was coming on his way. The vampire prince quickly squatted down to avoid the ambush, and now he's facing with a pack of angry werewolves. He was surprised to see that the creatures didn't pursue him, instead they turned around and headed towards the coffee shop. 'Oh no.. Ji Hyo!!'  he realized that the werewolves were not aiming for him, but targeting at the vampire queen. He quickly ran as fast as lightning and jumped on top of the creature, broke its neck and then move on to fight with the other werewolves. Even though he was the one attacking the pack, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter