The Secret

Goddess of Night: The Vampire Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Prince of Blood returned to his dark palace, and a sinister voice welcomed him home, "You're late again.. so how's your date with the human?". "She's more than just a human. She's our queen," Kai corrected the statement. Mark, the older brother to Kai smirked while he drank the fresh blood from his wine glass. He wiped his mouth with his hand and offered a glass of blood to Kai, but his little brother declined. "I hope you won't fall for her beauty, remember what we're supposed to do," Mark warned his brother with a deep voice. Kai felt that his credibility was being question, "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.. I have to gain her trust before we can work on our plan."

 

Mark nodded and walked towards Kai. He placed his hand on his brother's shoulder, "Geurae, do as you think fit. A queen needs a king as the leader.. but don't take it literally." The older vampire grabbed on his leather jacket and just about to make a move when Kai asked him where he's heading. "You're not the only one who's curious about her," he gave a short answer and then disappeared in a blink of an eye. Although Kai wasn't happy that his own brother was eying on his 'new friend', the vampire prince believed that Mark would never betray him for the queen. The two brothers had dedicated years of their immortal life searching and observing the heir to the Dark Lord - hoping to break the ancient curse as written in the prophecy.

 

Mark arrived at Ji Hyo's house and immediately hid between the branches of a tall willow tree that was facing her bedroom windows. "So how's my queen tonight? Aah.. she's still awake," he talked to himself while locking his eyes on her every move. Being a vampire gave him the ability to listen from the distance, and he could hear her voice clearly from his location. "Me? A vampire?" Ji Hyo stared at herself in the mirror and giggled alone. She opened widely and started to check for 'fangs', and then placed her hand on her chest to check for heartbeat. Knowing that she's still a 'human', Ji Hyo talked to her own reflection in the mirror, "You must be a fool.. Song Ji Hyo. How can you fall for that vampire prince? Do you want to die? Aish.."

 

After 'lecturing' herself in the mirror, Ji Hyo lay down on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Her mind refused to let her sleep, because she kept thinking about him and the way he kissed her forehead. "Good night.. my vampire prince," Ji Hyo sent her wish from afar. Mark who was still spying on her replied, "Good night, my queen. Enjoy your pretty sleep while you can." When he saw that she has fallen asleep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter