What You Got?

Being Human

"What You Got?"

"Ah! There they are! My two favorite people!"

"Jackson... you just told me and Yugyeom that we were your two favorite people!"

"Well, Youngjae, the truth hurts, and it was bound to come out sooner or later," Jackson countered placing a hand on Youngjae's shoulder to comfort him. Youngjae scuffed, rejecting Jackson's comforting shoulder pat while he rolled his eyes. Yugyeom, the youngest at the table, just sat shaking his head with an amused grin on his face.

Mark and BamBam settled into chairs that surrounded a table outside their usual cafe. It was a quaint little place close to their campus. The owner had lived in Canada, United States, and a few other places for some years and it showed in the styling of the cafe. It was a mixture of different cultures. Nothing was a compete set. There was a rustic, indie feel to all of the furniture used, what with all the light and dark wooden tables mixed with white and turquoise chairs. The cafe walls were adorned with chalkboard murals and simplistic quote canvases hanging on the walls. It was the type of place in South Korea you could go to and hear them playing Lauryn Hill's "Nothing Even Matters" while you sipped your Thai Tea.

The cafe was never usually busy, not because it was a place people didn't like to go to, but because it was further out of town. It would be a place you would want to stop at during a road trip, not a place you would drive twenty minutes out of town for. And for that reason alone it was the perfect hangout spot for them. They could be themselves and not have to worry about what the boys called a NAP (Normal Average Person) overhearring their conversations about the supernatural.

"I see you guys have already ordered," Mark picked up a menu, speaking to the other three boys, Jackson, Youngjae and Yugyeum.

"Yup!" Jackson yelped out, "Mark I doubt you're hungry anyways, I heard you got a mouthful of Truth earlier." Jackson smiled mischievously as all eyes went to Mark, but Mark turned his attention to BamBam.

"I was in the shower less than two minutes and you already told them?" Mark asked questioningly. Though it came out harsher than he had meant it to, he wasn't really upset, but more in disbelief because BamBam didn't usually gossip, especially not about him. Mark and BamBam were the closest out of all the friends.

Still, it made BamBam feel guilty that his favorite Hyung was not pleased at the moment. "Well..." BamBam started to say, but Mark cut him off with a sigh.

"You know what, it's okay Bam, it's not that big of a deal. I'm sure there's going to be more and more days where I up more and more spells..." Mark took a moment to gather his thoughts, "Mixing is just not my thing and I'll just have to come to terms with that knowing it will be a struggle. I mean, you put a book in front of me and I can memorize spell after spell, but ask me to create a potion... I just, choke..."

"You have a test coming up soon, right? What are you going to do about that?" Youngjae asked concerned, he was very much like the mother out of all the boys.

"Yeah," Mark rubbed the back his neck, he could feel himself tensing up again the way he did hours before in his dorm room. "I don't know what I'm going to do..."

There was a small pause within the somber environment they were now sitting in after Mark's vent. No one really knew what to say or how to comfort him. They all had thier own issues with their abilities, but discussing them openly was something they rarely did together. They each possessed a different ability, so it wasn't like the others could understand or help.

"Well! No need to dwell on it," Mark broke the silence first, trying to put behind him his tensed emotions. "I am taking a break from spells, so I'm not even going to talk about it anymore," Mark chippered up with a smile to liven the atmosphere once again. 

He glanced over the menu that he had been holding in his hands. After looking through the first few options, Mark realized he wouldn't be able to focus long enough to pick somehing he would actually want. He was too aggitated and tensed. He tossed the menu to the side and glanced over at the Maknae, younger boy, in the bunch, Yugyeom.

"Hmm. Yugyeom, that looks good, what you got?" Mark asked referring to the drink that Yugyeom was sipping on.

"It's like a mixture of Strawberries, Strawberry flavoring, Orange Juice, and Sprite. It's really good Hyung, do you want to try some?" Yugyeom offered his drink to Mark, 

"Nah, thanks though, I'm just going to order that with some fries. What do you want Bam? My treat..." Mark felt bad for taking out all his frustrations on BamBam pretty much all day. He wanted to make it up to him and the least he could do was buy the kid a meal he thought.

"Yah... You're not going to buy me lunch?" Jackson asked with the most bewildered facial expression.

"Jackson, if anything, you should be buying me lunch..." Mark retorted.

Jackson opened his mouth to respond but thought wisely and just turned his head instead. Jackson was notorious for other people paying for his food whenever they went out.

"So, how about it?" Mark asked BamBam again.

"I'll just have a Chocolate milkshake and some fries."

"Whoa now, don't want to eat too healthy," Mark joked causing BamBam to slightly laugh at him as he left the table to go inside and place his and BamBam's order.