Too Much Basil

Being Human

"Too Much Basil"

"Hyung! Are you alright?" The younger boy stood over his older friend, Mark, looking at him questioningly.

"Yeah, BamBam, I'm alright..."

Mark had been trying to mix herbs and chemicals together to create a Truth spell concoction. This was his fifth try today at this spell mixture. He had a test coming up soon and he knew he needed to pass it this time around to be one step closer to graduating.

Mark got up from the floor and grab a towel to wipe the residue off his face from the spell that had just  blown up.

With one big swipe of his towel, he sighed, frustrated, "ing spell... I think I added too much Basil this time."

"Ah Hyung, you'll get it right, no worries, piece of cake," BamBam said in a matter of fact tone.

"Easy for you to say," Mark spat back, "All you have to do is disappear and you get a passing grade."

BamBam lowered his head, making Mark feel regretful for what he had just said to his Dongsaeng. Mark sighed and ran his hands over his face.

"Bam," he paused, "I didn't mean that, I just... I'm tired and I feel like I'm never going to get this right. I didn't mean to come at you like that, it's just... my head is about to explode. Literally..." Mark chuckled a little hoping to lighten the room back up, "Look BamBam, I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry man."

BamBam slowly raised his head and looked at Mark. After little consideration, BamBam smiled.

"Ah... It's alright Mark Hyung. I know you're stressed out and all..." Mark nodded in agreement, "Hey! Maybe, you should take a break. I mean, I feel like we've been in this room for hours."

Mark gave BamBam astonished look, "No, no! Not that it's taken you hours... I mean..." BamBam began to say cautiously, "It just feels like it..."

Mark gave BamBam another apalled look. As BamBam began to correct himself again, Mark cut him off, "Yeah, yeah. I get it, I get it... As much as I don't want too, and I want to keep trying and trying, I know you're right... I need to take a break."

"Yeah! I mean, or you'll wear yourself out," BamBam said in a nurtouring tone.

"Thanks mom," Mark replied with a grin on his face and threw his towel at BamBam. BamBam dodged the towel, swatting it away effortlessly.

"What should we do? Where are the guys?" Mark asked, walking over to his bed, where BamBam was sitting.

BamBam checked the time on his phone, "I'm not sure, I'll call Jackson. In the meantime, you should really clean yourself up. You look and smell horrible."

"You mean to tell you me you don't like this new manly scent? What are you, a girl?"

"Yah, not even a man should smell like a hundred cow asses."

Mark laughed, "Fine, I'll shower. Damn. You're a mean kid."

"Only to my Hyungs, now go, I'll call Jackson."

"As you wish," Mark replied as he entered his bathroom.