23rd of November

I Remember

"Where's my coffee?" was the first thing Min Seol-sshi asked for when I got there. A request my brain took a couple of seconds to comprehend.

"I.. I'll go.. get..." I mumbled. The stadium was full of busy people, setting up the place and I was stumbling over equipments, finding my way to the nearest exit. As I went through the backstage door, the cold wind immediately brushed against my face, sending my hair flying around my head in different directions. I tried to keep my line of sight clear until I get to my car. I blasted the heater into my face as I rubbed my cheeks, trying to get the blood flowing again. The passenger seat door opened and Junhyung buckled himself in.

"Hi." He greeted, adjusting the scarf tighter around his neck and nearing his face to the dashboard for the heater.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, being intoxicated by his scent that was now filling the entire car. I had to focus on my work and his presence had always been casting a storm in my mind.

"I need to go get coffee too." He said, checking his appearance on the rearview mirror.

"Find another ride." I turned the engine off, focusing my sight on the green backstage door directly in front of me. I need to have focus; a thing that's hard to acheive in his presence.

"Min Seol noona doesn't like waiting." He whispered in my ear. I felt his warm breath on my right cheek, immediately sending shivers down my spine. I glared at him from the corner of my eyes and started the car again. Sensing his victory, his lips formed into a smirk and he made himself comfortable in his seat as I sped down the road. It's annoying how he kept on popping up in the most random times, saving me from a stressful situation only to be frustrated over figuring out his intentions when I'm alone again. My feelings had always gone haywire whenever he's around; being entirely mad at one second then laughing my off another. He has got me thinking of everything around us and nothing but him at the same time. Maybe I've been reading between the lines too much. I wasn't even sure there was a hidden meaning behind his actions. I know I needed to sort my feelings out but I just can't afford to be disoriented now.

We arrived at the coffe shop in under 5 minutes, thanks to my frantic driving. The car went to an abrupt stop as I found a parking space. I yanked out my keys and walked as fast as my feet would allow to the coffee shop's entrance. I ran a hand through my hair, attempting to tame my mane that was wildly dancing with the wind a while back. I composed my self, inhaling the coffee aroma that was floating in the shop's atmosphere.

"Hi, good morning." The barista offered a kind smile as I walked up to the counter.

"I'll have a to-go tall hot chocolate with a shot of vanilla syrup and..." I paused, my eyes scanning the menu for anything that MinSeol-sshi would like. I silently cursed myself for forgetting my professionalism given such a simple request.

"Make that two. Plus five to-go tall black coffee please." Junhyung said, stopping the quarrel I was having with myself.

"She said she wanted coffee." I said as the cashier tapped away on the screen. I was scared, realizing he ordered a chocolate drink.

"She doesn't drink coffee. Trust me on this." He pulled a couple of bills from his wallet and handed them to the cashier. I didn't even hear the total.

"How much is mine?" I asked, rummaging through my bag for my wallet.

"Forget it." He took my hand out of my bag and zipped it close. I stared at his back as he made his way to a table in a secluded section. There wasn't even that much people to start with. An old man reading the newspaper by the tall windows, a couple looking like they just came from a party in a booth far back and a businesswoman typing away on her laptop, taking advantage of the free wi-fi.

"I just went out for coffee. I bought black coffee for you guys." Junhyung said into his phone when I reached the table. I silently slid into my chair, not wanting to distract him. Did s not know he was here with me? "No, I'm not sneaking out. The vending machine was empty. How about you guys try real coffee?" He hissed, trying to lower his volume but with no avail. I could hear a male voice from the other line and it did not seemed pleased. "Give me five minutes." He said then hung up.

"So..." I started, not really knowing what I should say. Did he really sneak out?

"No. I didn't sneak out." He said, as if reading my thoughts. "I was ordered to get coffee but the vending machine wasn't working. Then I heard Min Seol noona saying you disappeared after she jokingly demanded for coffee. I went out and you were climbing into your car. I might as well come with you." He said, pulling his scarf higher to cover half of his face and looking around like a paranoid criminal.

"The coast is clear." I said, grabbing his sunglasses off his face. His protests came too late as I've already shoved them in my bag.

"It's rude to wear those under a roof."

"It's rude to walk out on your boss on your first day." He retorted which rid me off of all my comebacks.

A sigh escaped my lips as I realized I messed up on my first day.

"She was joking, huh?"

"She does that a lot. Especially to newbies. You're just the first one to follow her, the others usually diss her off." He said, taking a sip from a can of coke which appeared from nowhere.

"I like my caffeine sweet." He explained, seeing my eyebrows met in the middle of my forehead.

"Did you really sneak out?"

He took another sip and looked over his shoulder, seeming to be determined on not answering my question.

"Yong Junhyung!" I said, pulling his scarf to revert his attention back to me.

"SHH!" He countered, arranging the accessory properly on his neck, again looking around checking to see if we attracted unwanted attention.

"Can you quit it? No one's going to recognize you." I stated, resting my head on the palm of my left hand.

"I still can't risk it." He mimiced my action, resulting to his face being so near mine, I can smell coke from his breath. He smelled so good, I wonder how godly he will tas- Ohmygod. What am I thinking? I blinked rapidly, realizing our compromising position and straightened my posture. I then shook my head, clearing my brain from any erted thoughts and crossed my arms in front of my chest as if that will stop the thoughts from coming back.

"What was that?" He asked, surprised of my sudden actions.

"Why bother coming if you're so afraid of being discovered?" I shifted the topic back to him. He shrugged nonchalantly, downing half the content of the can into his mouth.

"Joonkun said-"

"To take care of me until Jung Ha's return." Of course. It's the usual answer. He opened his mouth as if about to say something more only to be interrupted by the barista.

"Two tall hot chocolate with a shot of vanilla syrup and five tall black coffee for Ms. Han Ji Soo." He said, putting down the cups in the middle of the table. I felt Junhyung's stare on me which I avoided, thanking the barista as I gave him an autograph he asked to be written on his arm and took a picture with him on his phone. I took out Junhyung's sunglasses and put them on the table before leaving the shop with the cups of hot chocolate.

---

Soo-yah! I got discharged! :D :D I heard you were busy so thanks for sending Joonkun to pick me up. Good luck! ^^ I'll be waiting at the compound.

said Jung Ha's text message. My eyebrows met in confusion. Send Joonkun? I did no such thing. But seeing I was so busy driving around town, he might've taken the initiative to do that for me. I made a note to thank him when I see him again.

"Ji Soo-sshi, take note of this please." MinSeol unnie called. I dropped my phone back into my bag, ignoring the other missed calls and unread messages. MinSeol-unnie and I had been driving everywhere, collecting the pieces she ordered for Beast. I thought she was an uptight, strict and, for the lack of better word, y boss at first. But bonding with her, I discovered we had a lot in common; in terms of fashion, food and lifestyle. She was actually a lot like my mother with her happy-go-lucky attitude. She laughed for a good five minutes when I came back from the coffee shop. I felt embarrassed then annoyed then entirely light-headed and started laughing along with her. "Vanilla? Nice touch." She winked, then dragged me to her van and put a map into my hands. "How do you feel about being kidnapped for a day?"

Gosh, I never felt so excited in my entire life.

And here we are in a warehouse of Vans, hoarding shoes into the van and writing down whatever she needs to come back for. We thanked the staff and drove off to another store. The dashboard clock read 1:30pm which means we were out for 7 hours already. Thank goodness, she managed to steal some sandwiches from Beast's snack table before we left since the heavy breakfast we had vanished on the first 3 hours of our trip.

"You must be tired already." She said and I shrugged in return. I really don't know. I felt my feet become hot in my boots and my wrist become stiff from all the writing but my blood was racing in my veins. The adrenaline from going to different stores and meeting the designers was still there. Imagine the excitement I got when I was given clothes and was asked to walk for them. I landed a couple of jobs and some even offered to promote my line! This intern job is one hell of an experience and I'm not ready for it to stop yet. Or so i thought, my stomach growled and grumbled in disagreement. I covered my torso with my arms in embarrasment and unnie laughed out loud again.

"Lunch it is." She said, searching for a restaurant from all the stores we were passing by.

---

"I have one last errand for you, Ji Soo." Unnie said as she parked the car in the Cube Entertainment's building. After lunch, we visited some other designer's hear and there. We've completed Beast's outfits for several more performances and got some pieces for 4minute, as well. "This one's real though." She giggled again, entertained by my gullbility.

"Neh, MinSeol-sshi." I looked down, trying to hide my reddening cheeks.

"Could you please put these away in the wardrobe room?" She reached over to the back of the van where six uniform outfits were hanged. She pulled them out together with their matching shoes and handed them to me. They were Beast's outfit for the their concert. I left the vehicle and entered Cube's building. It was 8 in the evening but the building was as still as a cemetery at midnight. Where were the trainees and trainers alike? Usually the place was buzzing with them.

It was creepy! There wasn't a soul around. Well, none that was visible to the eyes. I felt the hair on my arms stand up while my eyes snapped left and right, scrutinizing every detail in the dimly lit quiet hallways and empty practice rooms. Why does the wardrobe room have to be at the back of the building? I felt my feet pick up their pace and realized later on that I was running for my dear life after sensing some movement behind me. Whoever or whatever that is, it got me to the wardrome room faster than the speed of light. I heard my heart thumping wildly in my chest as I rest against the door I slammed shut. I found the light switch and almost got blinded when the light spread through the room. My sigh of relief echoed as I checked the garments in my hand and found them complete. I dropped them off, made sure the room was locked then walked briskly along the hallways again. My senses told me someone was following me and my feet again picked up its pace but before I could break into another run, I was grabbed by the arm and got turned around.

Following my defensive instincts, my arm shot up in the general direction of the perpetrator and felt my fist come in contact with something hard.. Really hard. "Ow!" Someone yelled in pain..... I yelled in pain.

I retracted my arm and cradled my knuckle near my chest, finding it to be less painful in womb position.

"Ji Soo? Are you okay?" The perpetrator's voice said, as he knelt beside me, took my hand and massaged it.

"Junhyung?" I narrowed my eyes, making sure I was seeing right. "What are you doing here?"

He stood up and went to the nearest vendo machine with me in tow. "Recording." Was all he said as he dropped some coins into the slot. The can of coke fell into the chute and into his hands. He placed it unto my throbbing knuckle which felt so good against my hot skin.

"Thanks." I murmured. He was silent, alternating massaging my hand with his and the can. The machine's light was bright enough for me to see him clearly. He outfit was different from earlier. My eyes went up to his face. He was clearly displeased with what happened; his eyebrows met, his lips were pressed in a straight line and his jaws were clenched. Slightly down his ear, on the part by his neck, was a little black smudge. Thinking it was dirt, I tried to wipe it off with my free hand. But as soon as I came in contact with his skin, he winced. In pain? Only did I realize that I may have hit him. No, I did, as a matter of fact, hit Yong Junhyung.

"Oh God. I'm so so sorry!" I started apologizing. Saying sorry in every possible way, in every language I know how to apologize in. As the guilty feeling flowed in my veins, so did the words from my mouth.

"Mian. Gomenasai. Pasensya na talaga."

"What?" He asked, clearly not understanding the last part of my nonstop ramblings.

"Sorry." I squeeked. He shook his head, chuckling slightly. "I didn't know you spoke so many languages."

I didn't know what to say to that so I just kept quiet. He examined my knuckle one last time. When he's satisfied, he put my hand in his and walked to entrance door.

"Let's get you home."

---

Junhyung offered to drive us home, which the tired unnie accepted happily. I heard my name being said by Junhyung and unnie but I wasn't able to respond as I sunk into slumber within just minutes of being on the road. Minseol shook me awake when we reached the compound as Junhyung left first to carry my stuff.

"You didn't have to walk me, you did so much for me already." I said as the elevator doors slid shut. I was thankful, yes. But embarassed too by how nice Minseol unnie was being nice to me.

She scoffed and slighlty hit my arm. "And you're my best intern yet. It's my pleasure to have had you under my wing."

I invited her into my place as we reached my door. She loved drinking hot chocolate and JungHa was great at making such drinks. I turned the doorknob and pushed the door ever so slightly only to be welcomed by complete darkness.

"Maybe JungHa's asleep. What happened to Junhyung, though?" I mumbled as I opened the door completely.

"SURPRISE!"

The room was then filled with blinding white light, confetti was flying all over the room and party poppers were going off here and there. I felt JungHa hug me, saying something about how I can forget my own birthday. MinSeol unnie also greeted me then left my side to join the people whose face I can't make out. When I got my vision back, I found myself in front of a large circle table, placed in the middle of the living area, with a 3-layer cake sitting in the middle of it. The block of blurred colors was now a banner hanging by the windows with white large bold letters that read, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JISOO!" I sang along the most awesome, yet awkward birthday song ever together with my best friends and Cube family.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Author's note: 

Haigaiisss! :D Yay for my new A/N corner! Lol, excuse my randomness. Hihi.
Sorry for the long wait. Yes, this is just a filler chapter.
The next one should be up soon!
Cross your fingers, neh? ;) Haha.

                                                                                                                               k            eep their h