Lost

I Remember

Confetti and glitter littered the carpeted floor. The guests left early due to their busy schedules but not without causing riot in my house. Every single balloon was mercilessly popped by my manager who's laughing loudly on the sofa. Her head resting on, Beast's manager, Joonkun's lap who's laughing just as loud. He refilled Jung Ha's cup then his. Then passed the bottle to Doojoon who sat in the armchair beside the couch. Beast's leader chugged the bottle down down until the contents are all in his mouth. The liquor overflowed from the side of his lips, ran down his chin, neck and into his shirt.

"Ahhhh. That was delicious!" He raised the bottle up and asked for another. He leaned back to so much with cost him to topple over with the furniture. The other members threw empty cups and crumpled tissue at him, calling him drunk.

"I'm not drunk!" He shouted then puffed his cheeks as the contents of his stomach rose to his throat. He ran to the restroom, clutching his mouth.

"Aish! Hyung his drunk! HAHAHA" Yoseob raised his cup and laughed with the other members. The sounds Doojoon made in the restroom were disturbing. He sounded as if he was trying to cough his entire lungs out.

"I'll just see if he needs help." I feared the well-being of my bathroom. That is one of my favorite place in my unit and Doojoon will clean his mess whether he likes it or not. I kept knocking on the door but Doojoon won't let me in. "Ugh!!" I exclaimed and went into my room to lie down. I put my hand on my chest, trying to calm my palpitating heart.

"How was your night?" Dongwoon asked from the door.

"How did you plan this?" I asked as I sat up and made enough space for him to sit down on. I crossed my legs as he sat with his left side turned to me and let his feet rest on the floor.

"You didn't answer my question." His intense gaze was burning into mine. We held a staring competition which I couldn't focus on since there was already to of them swaying infront of me. I threw my arms in the air then wrapped them around his neck to signify my defeat.

"It's one of my best nights, Woonie. Thank you." I mummbled. He returned my hug and snuggled into my neck.

"Anything for the best girl in the world." He whispered, it was so soft I wasn't even sure I was meant to hear it. That wasn't the first time he talked sweet to me but that was the first time it felt weird hearing those kind of words from him.

"Agh!! Jinjja??!!"

I looked up and saw Junhyung standing in the doorway. I didn't know why but I suddenly felt like hugging Dongwoon was a bad idea. I immediately broke the hug and stood up but Junhyung was already banging his fist on the bathroom door, shouting at his hyung to get out. I looked back at my best friend who looked like a lost kid as he kept staring at his hands.

Then Doojoon unlocked the door and was dragged out the room by Junhyung. "Took you long enough!" He exclaimed as he slammed the door shut. Doojoon staggered back to the living room looking more like a member of the undead looking for brains.

"Soo, can we talk?" Dongwoon's voice was soft; weak even. I sat back down on my bed but kept my distance.

"Listen to everything first before you react please." He said, still looking down. I couldn't see his eyes nor could I read his expression.

"Woon, you're scaring me."

"Please Ji Soo." His weak voice now sounded pained.

"I will." I resigned. He took my hand and pulled me close. I was sitting with my legs crossed and my forehead rested on his left shoulder. He played with my fingers and made swirling patterns on my palm. That always relaxed me. All the weirdness I felt earlier was gone, but replaced with worry. He only does that when he's going to say something bad.

"Soo..."

---

Junhyung's POV

"More like siblings, she said... Siblings!" I splashed my face with water again, shivering as the cold droplets ran into my shirt. "Siblings." I kept on repeating as I stared into my reflection on the mirror.

"Do siblings hold each other so close? Do they inhale each other's scent as if it were oxygen? How sweet can siblings be?"

"Why does it even matter to you?" My reflection magically retorted.

"It doesn't!!" "Then what?" "Nothing! Shut up!" I shouted as my fist came in contatct with the glass, again and again as my annoyance took over me since the darn thing won't break.

"Get a grip, Yong Junhyung." It even said to me.

"I said shut up!!" I punched it again. The glass cracked under my fist. My reflection wasn't answering back anymore but my thoughts still weren't at peace. Why does it matter? The question repeated in my head.

I unlocked the bathroom door and stepped out, trying to escape the answers I wouldn't be able to handle.

"I like you, Han Ji Soo.. Ani, saranghamnida." I felt like I was hit with a freeze ray, frozen on the spot as the coldness traveled through-out my body. Did I just utter those words? Are those really my feelings?

"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I didn't want to mess with what we have and lose you. I don't want to lose you, Soo. But I feel like I already am.. " Said the voice again. Dongwoon's voice. I felt relieved and scared for not having said those things. He was confessing to JiSoo. She will accept him. She will.. And they would be together. I should be happy for them.. Shouldn't I?

"Seeing you with hyung. He's so good to you. He treats you so well. Did you know that Joonkun-hyung didn't say anything about taking care of you? But when Joonkun told us about noona's hospitalization, he was the first to ask about you. He even personally asked noona's permission to take care of you. I think he likes you Ji Soo.."

I know everything I did but hearing them told by another person felt odd. Good, but still odd. I mean why did I do those things? Dongwoon is there if she needs help, why did I have to intervene? Do I really like her?

"He will never admit to it. Probably not until he knows you like him back... Please don't fall for him, Soo."

What? Then why was he talking me up then?

"Soo-yah, this is the part where you react.. Soo?" There was silence. Ji Soo wasn't answering. I peeked, ever so slightly, into the room and saw Ji Soo's sleeping figure being tucked into bed by her best friend. I felt the side of my lips curve into a smie, more like a smirk, actually. Is it bad for me to be happy he didn't get an answer? The girl even fell asleep while he was showing his vulnerable side. Maybe she wasn't interested in him. Dongwoon gave her a kiss on the cheek and turned to leave. I needed to hide but he was already staring me down. Be a man, Junhyung.

"So the chess match continues." My arrogant self taunted. His face was pretty calm, yet his balled up fists say otherwise.

"This isn't a game, hyung. She's not something you play with." He sneered.

"I think she enjoyed some of my moves, Dongsaeng." What was I saying? I didn't do any of my plays on her, nor can I even remember them around her. But Dongwoon seemed to believe my words as his hand was gripping my collar. His eyes was burning with anger.

"Find another girl to fool, hyung. I mean it." He threatened then let go my shirt. He gave Ji Soo one last glance, glared at me once more then left to join others in the living room. Ji Soo looks so peaceful while sleeping, the same expression she has when she's spending time with Dongwoon. She was always happiest around him. I've been doing so much for her lately, thinking I had the chance to do it forever. But what did I bring to her? Frustration? Stress? We were always bickering and never saw eye-to-eye. I didn't fight Dongwoon. I couldn't. I have no chance winning the true battle between us.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Author's note: 

First update of the year!! Wooohoooo!! Are you guys still there? :(
Please tell me what you think. PLEASE ;;)
I'm using the magic word, see? Hahaha.

 

It's so hard to find the inspiration in writing this story.
Especially since I discovered Jung Dae hyun's existence -____-