Chapter 5

Behind the scenes

Chapter 5

May 25, 2008

Minho’s POV

I’ve never been this nervous all my life.  All of our efforts will be paid of today. Today is the day of SHINee’s debut. Hours before the performance is a mental breakdown for me. I don’t know what to do and my mind is full of what ifs. Plus my parents and brother are coming to watch me. This morning Sulli sent me a text message which motivated me. I’m here now at the dressing room with the SHINee members.

“Ahhhhh I’m so nervous.” Onew hyung said.

“I don’t know what to do. What if I make a mistake?” Jonghyun hyung added.

“We can do this.” Key said to cheer us up.

“Hyungs I’m so nervous that I want to puke.” Taemin our maknae said.

“Taeminnie forget it. We just need to go with the flow and see if we do well.” I said encouraging everybody.

“Yes can’t you see that we’re so lucky to be a part of this group? I mean others wait for more than 5 years and majority of us trained for only 3 years.” Key added.

“Yeah. Let’s do this!” Jonghyun hyung said.

“Let’s calm ourselves and just remember what we need to do.” Onew hyung our leader said.

Sulli’s POV

Oh my I’m so happy for Minho oppa. Today is his debut day. This morning I sent him a text message saying

“Minho oppa! Good morning! Did you sleep well? I hope you did because today’s your debut. You need a lot of energy. By the way I’m going to watch you and see if your good and if you’re not, you have to treat me. Don’t be nervous. I know you can do it. Go Minho oppa! Fighting!”

Then he replied.

“Sulli yah good morning! Thank you for the message. Of course I will do well. Prepare your money because you are the one who will treat me. I’m going to wait for you and see if you come. If you don’t I’ll be mad at you.”

Today we still have our training and after some finalization our group name is f(x). And as we are having a break we came up with a topic.

“Today is the debut of SHINee sunbae isn’t it?” Victoria unnie asked.

“Neh. Why unnie?” I asked.

“Aren’t you close with Minho oppa?” Amber unnie asked.

“Well yes I’m pretty close with him. Why unnie?” I said.

“Well you’re watching their performance later?” Luna unnie asked.

“Neh I’m watching. Aren’t you?” I asked them.

“Well were going to accompany you.”  Soojung said.

“Oh thank you.” I said.

“Well why did it became a topic?” I asked them.

“Well as we can see you are close with Minho so when did you become close with each other?” Victoria unnie asked.

“Well I got close to him since the first day of my training. Then I told them what happened in our first encounter. So after that we’ve been friends since then.” I narrated.

“So you’re friends for two years now?” Amber unnie asked.

“Neh. Why?” I asked wondering why they keep talking about that topic.

“You’ve been close to each other for a long time, didn’t you have any feelings for each other?” Luna unnie asked which made me taken back.

“Huh? What, what are you saying? We’re just friends.” I said.

“Psh are you sure you’re “just friends"?” Soojung asked.

“Yes. Just friends.” I said.

“I don’t think so.” Victoria unnie said which is clearly sure that she is teasing me.

“Uhhh. Stop teasing me. Okay fine fine. I like Minho oppa.” I said finally saying the truth.

After saying that they all stood up and clapped their hands.

“We knew it.” Amber unnie said.

“But please be quiet about this. Swear not to tell anyone.” I pleaded to them.

“We swear not to tell it to anyone.” They all said in unison.

“But how did you know it?” I asked them.

“Well we’ve been observing you too and we just noticed because it’s different when you look at him.” Soojung said.

After that talk we resumed our practice and after a couple of hours we were dismissed. And we immediately went to the studio where the SHINee will debut. It’s a good thing that we’re early because we got a good spot in front. I told them to save me a seat and I went to Minho oppa.

Author’s Note:

Sorry for the long wait. Here is chapter 5. My classes started last Monday and I’m having a hard time since I need to do well and I’m currently working on a thesis and I’m still high school. I’ll update every time I have a free time.

 

-minsul1234567