Chapter 4

Behind the scenes

Chapter 4

2008

Minho’s POV

I and Sulli are friends for two years. Now I rarely have the time to hang out with her because I will debut on May which is a month from now so that means I’m so busy with the rehearsals and photo shoots. But every time I have free time I still contact her and talk even if it’s only for a couple of minutes. Sometimes I feel guilty because we swore to each other that we will still contact each other but now even if we’re not yet debuting I’m already busy.

When she heard the news that I was a part of SHINee she was so happy for me. She even treated me which happens once in a blue moon. But after that I got so busy. Every time I talk to her I say sorry but she always say that she understands.

“Hyung what are you thinking?” Taemin the maknae of our group asked.

“Yah. You’re so focused that you didn’t even hear us calling you.” Key exclaimed.

“Ah it’s nothing.” I replied.

“Are you sure it’s nothing? You’re brain was not here with us for a couple of minutes. ” Onew, our leader teased me.

“Is that a girl? Do you have a special someone?” Jonghyun also joined.

“Hyungs just shut up and let’s start again. A part was not perfect.” I said so they will not continue to ask me.

“Why are you avoiding the topic?” – Key said wanting me to say anything but I just stayed quiet.

 

Sulli’s POV

I’m so happy that Minho oppa is gonna debut soon. Of course I understand that he’s super busy and I’m really touched because every time he has free time he calls me. I don’t understand why he’s always apologizing. I mean of course the preparation for a debut is hard and you hardly have some free time. Today I’m still training when a staff called me.

“Choi Sulli where are you?” The staff asked.

“I’m here!” I was so confused why I was being called by a staff.

“Please come to the office. We have something to tell you.” – Staff

Omo. Why I am being called to the office? What have I done? What do they need?  Those were the thoughts running in my mind while I was on my way to the office. When I got there I knocked on the door and someone opened it. I was shocked to see Victoria unnie there.

“Oh. Annyeonghaseyo Victoria unnie. What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“Annyeonghaseyo Sulli. I don’t know I was told to come here.” She replied.

When I went in there I was also shocked when I saw Amber unnie, Luna unnie and Krystal.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” – I greeted them.

“Annyeonghaseyo Sulli.” They replied.

“Why are we here?” I asked them.

“I don’t know. When I was having my voice lessons I was told to come here.” – Luna

“I was told to come here to. I was in school earlier when they called me.” – Krystal

“Did you hear the rumor that was surfacing in training? They said that the company is making a girl group and they will debut a year after the SHINee debut. Maybe that’s true.” – Amber

I was surprised to hear this. I thought it was just a rumor. But I was hoping that the possibility that the company will make a girl group will come true.

“Let’s not make ourselves hope. Maybe it’s not true. If we conclude that we might be disappointed if it’s not true.”  Victoria

“Let’s just wait and stop concluding.” – Sulli

After a couple of minutes some staff went to us.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” We greeted them.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” They greeted us back.

“So we know that you are probably wondering why we called you and as you can see in a month the SHINee will debut. So we are planning to launch a girl group after a year which will become their sister group. We decided after some observations and meetings that you are the members of the girl group were planning to make.” A staff explained while all of us were speechless.

After hearing this I don’t know how to react. I was so shocked with the news.

“So are you okay with that?” The staff asked us.

“Of course.”  We all replied in chorus.

“Okay. So Victoria will be the leader of the group and the main dancer. Amber will be the main rapper. Luna will be the main vocalist. Sulli will be the visual and Krystal will be the maknae.” The staff explained.

After hearing this you can see in everyone’s faces that they are so glad. I was so flattered to hear that I will be the visual.  I was so happy because after years of training I finally got the chance to debut and was close with everyone.

After an hour of discussion the meeting was finally done. I can’t wait to tell my parents and friends about this. We, the members talked to each other.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so happy because I got grouped with you guys.” – Victoria

“Me too. Oh my gosh. If I will be grouped with other girls I don’t know what to do. I’m so glad Krystal is here.” – Amber

“Thank God you were grouped with me.” – Luna

“Unnies I’m so glad to be with you. Please take care of me.” – Krystal

“I can’t wait to get to know you better.” I said.

After a couple of minutes we decided to part ways to tell our loved ones about the good news. When I arrived at my new dorm I called my mom. And she immediately answered the call.

“Annyeonghaseyo Jinri yah. What happened?” She said.

“Mom I’ve got great news!” I exclaimed.

“What is it?” She asked curiously.

“Mom I was chosen to be a part of a girl group. We will debut next year and I am the visual.” I explained.

“Really? Oh my gosh I’m so happy for you. Your dreams will finally come true.” –Mom

“Thank you Mom. And by the way I miss you. Tell them the good news. I got to go. I love you.” – Sulli

“I miss you too. Don’t worry I will. I love you too. Fighting! Bye.”- Mom

“Bye.” – Sulli

Then I called Minho oppa.

Minho’s POV

While I was having our break Sulli called me. Huh? Why is she calling me? I thought while answering the call.

“Annyeonghaseyo?” – Minho

“Annyeonghaseyo oppa.” Sulli said cheerfully which made me wonder what happened.

“Oh. Sulli yah what happened?” I said.

“Oppa the company made a new girl group and I’m a part of it!” Sulli said which made me really happy.

“Really? Congratulations! When will you debut? Who are the other members? What is your role?” I asked her.

“Whoa oppa. One question at a time please hahahaha. Well we will debut next year and we’ll be your sister group. I’m with Victoria unnie, Amber unnie, Luna unnie and Soojung. Guess what? I’m the visual.Yay! We're both the visual hahaha. ” She explained.

“Really? You’re our sister group? It will be great. I’m so happy you were grouped with nice people. No doubt you’ll be the visual. You’re so pretty.” After saying this my heart fluttered because of the compliment I told Sulli. I mean she’s really pretty but I can’t explain the feeling I’m feeling.

Sulli’s POV

I was really taken back with what Minho oppa said. I mean almost everyone tells me that I’m pretty but when Minho oppa said that my heart fluttered because he seldom compliments me.

“Sulli yah are still there?” Minho oppa asked which made me go back to our convo.

“Uh yeah. Yeah I’m still here.” I answered.

“So this calls for a celebration.”  He said.

I was surprised to hear that so I said “Celebration? Aren’t you busy oppa?”

“Even if I’m busy I’ll still make some time for you.” He said which made me blush.

What is it with my heart? Am I falling in love?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s Note:

Hey guys sorry if I can’t update daily. It’s because summer is almost ending and my classes will start on Monday so maybe I can only update twice or thrice a week. By the way how was chapter 4? Please comment your thoughts.

 

-minsul1234567