fin.

I want you to sing for me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's an odd thing, having your crush over at your house.

It's even more odd considering before that day, Chanhee has never even spoken to the elusive Lee Byunghun. The latter was the school's campus crush- handsome, cool, and mysterious all rolled into one person. He had a lot of people crushing on him, and Chanhee happened to be one of them. It's not something he can explain; there's just this something about Byunghun that draws him in like a magnet. 

Maybe in a way, Chanhee had the ability to draw Byunghun in too. 

Chanhee had always stayed late in school, all by himself in the music room. It was his favourite place to be. The room was the last in the hallway, usually away from the students' eyes unless they walk just a little bit closer to the end of the hallway. It was away from prying ears too, to avoid disrupting class, and the red haired boy loved it there. Mostly because there, he could sing, and not be heard by anybody except for himself. Nobody in particular can judge him. 

Except one day, Byunghun showed up and Chanhee's world almost stopped. 

"I want you to sing for me," Byunghun said the moment Chanhee saw him standing by the doorway. All he could do was nod. 

They've developed a sort of routine from then on, Chanhee noticed. Byunghun would come up with the songs; the notes, the lyrics, everything spouted from his head, to his little blue notebook, and eventually to Chanhee's front door. He gave the address shortly after meeting the boy since he asked for it. Byunghun has been over exactly 6 times, and always on a Saturday, since they'd have no school. The blonde boy would ring the doorbell, wait for Chanhee to let him in, and they would both head to Chanhee's room. From then on, Chanhee would begin to sing.

He would begin to sing whatever new song Byunghun came up with, with the composer listening attentively beside him. Byunghun sometimes nodded along, but often times, he would stay perfectly still. He usually doesn't utter a word of comment, whether in praise or critique. Chanhee was always sort of scared that one day, Byunghun just won't show up anymore and he would have no idea why. 

Still, Chanhee sang. 

He sang for the boy that he still barely knows. They don't talk much in these sessions, since Byunghun is evidently a man of few words, and they hardly talk in school. They don't even greet each other in the hallway. Chanhee isn't sure why he doesn't have the courage to even just wave whenever he makes eye contact with the other boy. He always just looks away, at anything but those sharp, catlike eyes. Byunghun never waved first either. 

He sang because the lyrics of the songs would always just speak to him. Maybe that was the real reason why he still continued their singing sessions; because the words Byunghun would put on paper contained so much raw emotion and Chanhee just wanted to understand. Singing made him understand, sort of. He never asked where the boy gets his inspiration from. He never asked the other boy anything. He's grown used to their silence, and he's not sure if that's a good thing. 

One day, however, Byunghun did not arrive in the afternoon as he usually did. Chanhee's mind jumped to the negative immediately- was he sick of his voice? However, Chanhee began to wonder instead if Byunghun was okay. He was sick with worry because the sun was setting but there was still no sign of the other boy and his blue notebook. 

He ended up skipping dinner because of all his thoughts and worries. At night fell, just as Chanhee began to consider a lot of worst case scenarios, the doorbell rang, and he ran and almost tripped to get it. 

Byunghun shoved past him, surprising Chanhee as the former briskly walked up the stairs to his room. He never asked questions but he definitely wanted to know what was up this time. When he reached his ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter