No 'Will You Marry Me', No 'Yes I Will'

Marry Me

 

“I need to get back to these papers or they’ll end up being piled here in my table. Just sit there, these will be done in a jiff.” Hana said, walking back to her table to work.

“Don’t you ever get tired?” Key asked.

“Of what?” Hana asked back.

“Looking at papers everyday and signing them.” Heerin answered for her husband.

“No, not really. I’m pretty much happy here.” Hana explained.

“Its funny how Minho and you are very opposite from each other; you like it here where the sun can’t even greet you. People only see you in the newspapers, while your boyfriend is practically living his life in front of millions of people and sometimes with the cameras too. He’s close to being a world superstar, Hana.” Key was arguing with this subject again.

“Key… you know I don’t love popularity.” Hana reminds him. The three of them laughs at it. Hana’s phone rings, she picks up the receiver. “Okay, let him in.” She hangs up stood up looking at Key and Heerin. “Minho is here.” She told them, walking her way to open the door.

“Hey baby, how are you?” Minho greeted her the moment Hana opened the door. “I got these for you.” He handed her a bouquet of roses, closing the door in the process.

“Thank you.” Hana smiled. She leaned in to give him a light peck but Minho pulled her close to him and caught her lips with his. Hana had memorized this routine; it will go for about five minutes. But not today, well at least for Hana. She tried pushing him away because Heerin and Key were there which Minho hadn’t notice. But she failed; Minho is taller, way stronger than her. “Mmm– Minho, wait.” Hana said in between gaps.

Heerin and Key looked at each other, and then back at Hana and Minho who are still busy. “Now… how long since you two saw each other?” Key suddenly spoke up.

With the distraction, Hana pushed Minho away. “Gosh, this is embarrassing.” Hana muttered, shaking her head in disbelief.

Minho looked behind them to find Key and Heerin waving at him. “Key! Heerin! You’re back? When did you arrive?” He asked, still standing beside Hana until Hana drags him with her towards the couches where Heerin and Key were seated. “Yah, you punk, when did you arrive? How come we never got a single phone call from you two?” Minho asked them as he sat down.

“We arrived about a week ago. I’m pretty busy, I forgot to call either of you.”

“So not!” Heerin argued. “Minho, your best friend has been keeping me hostage since the day we arrived.”

“Hello? I’m just trying to keep you safe. You’ll be giving birth in less than a month.” Key retorted.

Minho looked at Hana while Heerin and Key talks. “What happened to our childish friends? Did they grew up or what?” Hana just laughed at Minho’s comment.

“That’s exactly what I asked myself earlier.” She replied. “Yah! Mr. & Mrs. Kim, stop fighting.” Hana called.

“What exactly happened to the playful KeyRin couple?” Minho asked them.

“Realization and growing up.” Key proudly said. “I mean, with our baby on the way. We need to start acting like real adults.”

“Awww…” Heerin cooed. “I love you sweetie.”

“I love you too.” Key kissed her forehead then turns back to Hana and Minho. “So… when is the wedding?”

Minho and Hana looked at each other. “What wedding?” They innocently asked.

“You mean, you two haven’t talked about it?” Heerin asked in disbelief.

“It’s not that. We did talk about it, maybe a few times. Right?” Hana asked Minho.

Minho nodded. “And, I haven’t proposed to her yet.” They laughed. “Every single time that I plan a surprise, she always bust the, and it’s never a surprise.”

“One more thing is we want it to be low profile as possible, but I don’t think that will be possible. When even the media follows him around during practice.” Hana turns to Minho. “And as you said, no ‘will you marry me’, no ‘yes I will’.” Hana stuck her tongue out.

“You’ll see, one day you’ll be caught off-guard, you can’t even say no.” Minho grins.

Heerin and Key just looked at them. “That kiss from earlier… yah, how long did haven’t you seen each other? About five?” Key playfully asked.

Minho paused for a moment. “Yes, five. Being away from her feels like forever.” Minho puts his arm around Hana’s shoulder.

“What were you guys doing not seeing each other for five days?”

Minho smirked. “Five days? I thought you mean five hours. We were together earlier at 7AM.” He grins.

“We’re going out for lunch. You two are coming, right?” Minho asked Heerin and Key.

“Of course they are.” Hana was in her table while Minho was already on the door. “Minho!” Hana called and tossed something at him which he caught at ease. “You go ahead. I’ll follow.”

“You two play baseball now?” Key mocked seeing them.

Minho laughs with a shrug. “This is Hana’s car key.”

“Why?”

“Things we got accustomed to. If we want to have our time peacefully, he’ll leave his car somewhere and we’ll take mine.” Hana shrugs. “Baby, just take the elevator near the fire exit, go down 2nd floor and make your exit for the parking lot, it’s the only car in there.”

“Okay.” Minho nodded waving at Heerin and Key, and then he walks out of Hana’s office.

“We’ll just wait for you two, we’ll go first.” Key told Hana helping Heerin stand up.

Hana nodded, fixing something on her table. “I’ll just sign these and I’ll head down too.”

---------------------------

“They are really trying to work it out.” Heerin commented. They are already on their way.

“It’s because they love each other. But honey, you know that it’s not a healthy relationship.” Key stopped at the red light.

“All I know is they love each other that no matter what happens, they will be at each others’ side.”

Key sighs. “Well let’s hope that they won’t get tired of their relationship. Heerin, they are finding time for each other, when they should have all the time. Love knows no time. Do you get what I mean?”

“Key, they are our friends. We should be happy for them in any way.”

---------------------------

A man walked up in the front desk, hiding his media ID. “Excuse me miss. Is Director Hwang around?”

The receptionist turns to him. “Yes, sir. Do you have any appointment with the Director?”

“I don’t. If I would like to set an appointment with her, would it be possible today?”

“For a while, sir. I’ll call Director Hwang’s office.” It has been a rehearsed script for everybody who works for Hana. “I’m sorry, sir; but the director have a visitor right now and will have meetings for the rest of the day.” The receptionist turns to her computer. “You can leave your business card if you would like and we’ll just call you right away if the director is available.”

“I’ll just comeback some other time” He informed the receptionist and left.

---------------------------

“I’ll be back before the meeting. If anyone comes or call me, tell them that I have a luncheon meeting.” Hana told her secretary and smiled.

“Yes, Director Hwang.”

“You can go out for lunch now.” She said and left.

Hana was already in the parking lot, looking left and right. There weren’t anyone except for her. She hopped into the passenger’s seat of her car.

“Put your seatbelt on, so we can go.” Minho said, but Hana was busy looking for something inside her bag, “This kid…” Minho smirked, leaning in to put Hana’s seatbelt on for her.

“I can do it myself.” Hana said. “Thanks baby.” She smiled and gave Minho a peck on his cheek. “Where’s your car by the way?”

“In front of the building, that’s where I usually park it.” He grins. “Let’s go. Mr. & Mrs. Kim are probably waiting for us.”

It’s not accidental that Hana’s car windshield is tinted pitch black. Minho sent it for customizing for privacy purposes.

---------------------------

Hana just got home from work. It had been two years since she moved out of her parents place. It was a tough decision for her because her mother worries about her so much. What made Hana’s mom and dad agree is Minho living in the same condominium.

But other times, Hana would feel like they are not next door neighbors. Minho was always out of town or out of the country.

She was in her kitchen cooking dinner until she heard the door unlocks. “Hana?”

“I’m here in the kitchen!” She calls out. Minho has the spare key to her unit and he also knows the pass code on the door.

“Hey, how are you?” He hugs her and looks at what she’s doing.

“I’m fine. Where have you been?” Hana asked putting the pasta on the pot.

“They called for me. I’m on definite leave. A month starting today.” He looked at her from head to toe.

“What?” Hana asked.

“Do you know when you’re the prettiest?” Minho asked, giving her a backhug.

Hana shakes her head in reply, cutting olives. “Sometimes, I don’t think I am.” She shrugs. “Especially when you’re with those cheerleaders who wear those skimpy uniforms.” Hana nods to herself. “Hmmm…” She looks at Minho. “I’m being insecure again, aren’t I?” She asked. “Just forget about it, I had a tough time today at work.” She sighs.

“Aigoo…” Minho kissed her temple. “Hana is the prettiest, don’t you know?” Minho asked her. “Especially when she’s not in her corporate clothes. Hmmm…” Minho paused. “When her face is free from make-up. When she’s not wearing her contact lenses, so I could see her beautiful natural eyes, when her hair is tousled. I love everything about her and I can’t describe how much.”

Hana turns around; now, they are face to face with each other. “Really?” Minho nodded at her question. She tiptoed to hug him and rest her head on his shoulder. “I’m sorry… Hana loves you too.”

Minho smiles patting her head. “I know. Just know that I love you and will always do. That’s enough, okay?” He felt Hana nodded through his shoulder. He released her from the hug and looked at her. “I love you very much.” He kissed her.

“I love you too…” She paused. “Now… can I go back to cooking?” She grins.

“Of course.” He turns her around to face the kitchen counter. “What are you cooking?”

“Pasta~”

Just like that and they are back to normal again. Hana wasn’t afraid of showing her insecurities when she’s with Minho. He understands it all.

“Baby, can I ask you something?”

“Of course. What is it?” Hana asked.

“Can you have the week off next week?”

“Why?” Hana asked plating the pasta.

“I just want to go on a vacation. Can you?” Minho asked in a pleading tone.

“I have an important meeting on Monday and this monthly presentation on Tuesday.” She explained. Minho took the plates from her hand without a word and proceeded in the dining table. Hana smiled following him. “Other than that, I can have the rest of the week off for someone who wants to invite me for vacation.”

Minho looks at her and a smile crept up to his face.

 

.....

 

A/N : Will edit tomorrow after work. Exams are next week. I hope you enjoy the chapter... XD