Everybody deserves help.

Being Noticed

"I am fine Kai-ssi!" I folded my arms as he raised a brow. "It doesn't even sting anymore, see?" I poked at the injured skin and managed to keep a straight face, but my eyes filled with tears.

"Sure you are." He rolled his eyes, "come on get out of the car." He tugged on my sleeve. I shook my head. "Nobody will be here, this is a private hospital."

"Exactly, it costs money. I don't have any on me and you sure as hell are not paying for it!" I slumped down in my seat further. He on the other hand smirked, fully amused at my behaviour. 

"Looks like we are doing this the hard way." He pulled me out of the car and put me over his shoulder before my mind even registered what was going on. "How light are you?! Remind me to get you food on the way back." I opened my mouth to protest until I realised we had gone through the door of the hospital. 

"Yah! Are you going to carry me all the way?!" I wriggled and kai let out a low chuckle. 

"You need treatment, you refused. I am saving my own life here!" I made a questioning sound at him. "Kyungsoo would kill me if we had gone back and you hadn't at least been looked at. He is rather fond of you." I blushed and wriggled again.

"Let me down, I promise I will do as I am told." He placed me down gently and took my uninjured hand in his. "This is crazy."

"What is?" He pulled me over to the waiting area and sat down, pulling me on the chair next to him. 

"I know four exo members....." I raises my brow. "If I was Michael Jackson, you would understand."

"So I am your favourite?" He grinned at me and I rolled my eyes.

"I meant, you are very famous. I am just a regular girl, a girl who embarrassed herself." I shook my head, "it just doesn't make sense."

"Well then, how about I help you fill in the gaps so that you will understand, hmm?" He reached out to pat my head and he smiled, "you know, you remind me of my dogs." 

"I feel very honored" I giggled and he squeezed my hand to get my attention.

"Well, to start off the story, Baekhyun was the one who found your video. He has watched it so many times that he has perfected imitating your broom dance. Which, by the way, I will teach you to do properly.... wait... " He pulled his phone out, a thoughtful look crossing his features and typed quickly before returning the phone to his pocket. "Anyway, he showed chanyeol because he thought it was awesome, and he proceeded to then show us all. But then we started noticing the comments.  We aren't allowed to yell hate at our fans. But, we really wanted to help somehow. So, Soo went to your school."

"How did he even know which school?" I raised my brow at him and Kai once again pulled out his phone.

"They named and shamed you, right down to which class you are in" he paused before patting my hand, "so we followed that information.  We figured if we turned up at your school and spoke to your classmates, they would stop and leave you alone. Hyung,  however, saw something different. When he came back for schedule earlier, he told us all about you. I wasn't expecting the bullying to be that bad. Is there even a reason?!" I looked at me with wide curious eyes and I shrugged.

"As you heard earlier, I am rather lacking money. My parents don't live together and because of that we don't have much. But, I love my mother and I will do anything for her. When I started working at the bakery, I thought it would be fine.  Minsun and her group came in and spotted me. They put two and two together, and...well I end up in situations like this." I held up my hand to show him. "They come round to the bakery everyday, with a new idea to get me fired. It's the only bakery that I can work in. The others all need staff for hours that I can't do, due to education and training-"

"Training?" Kai's eyebrows furrowed and I took my finger, pressing it to the creases, his skin smoothing out as he relaxed.

"Ah, I take martial arts classes at the local centre. My dad pays for it, rather than sending me presents for my birthday, he pays for my lessons. My parents are still friends, my dad needed someone strong for my mother. You can never be too careful." I smiled a little at him, he imitated the smile.

"So, you do martial arts....but you are bullied severely and don't do anything about it?" He shook his head in disbelief as I nodded mine. "Why not just use what you have been taught?" 

"With Minsun,  my mind goes blank. If she were to attack anyone else then I could defend them, no problem. But to just protect myself? I don't see the point." The doctor called my name and Kai took my wrist, dragging me into the private room. We were silent whilst the doctor examined the burn and the cut on my cheek. He gave Kai a tube of cooling cream and some antiseptic wipes. "What are you-?" I was immediately silenced as I felt a cool sting on my cheek, kai pulled his hand away and I spotted the blood on the wipe.

"I told him that I was the only one allowed to touch you, unless it needed more than cleaning. " his soft voice took me off guard and he smiled at my reddening cheeks. "You wouldn't have been comfortable with a stranger touching you." He uncapped the cooling cream and took my hand in his, gently rubbing the cream into the burn. I winced and he pulled my hand up to his mouth, he blew on my injury and then pressed his lips to the back of my hand. "I know the symptoms all too well, Kyungsoo was exactly the same when exo first got together."

"He was?!" My eyes widened, "but he is so confident!"

"He is...Now." he emphasised the last word and poked my nose,  "because he had us all, and now so do you. I can't wait for you to meet the others, it's going to be nice having a girl around." He eye smiled before standing and bowing to the doctor. "Thanks for this Hyung!" I tilted my head and the doctor chuckled.

"It's okay Jongin-ah,  you make sure she gets looked after, okay?" The doctor smiled and Kai nodded, "I am Exo's private doctor, we are rather close. If you ever need anything, you come here and we will fix you right up, I can call one of the others to help with treatment. Alright?" I bowed my thanks and kai placed a hand on my back, guiding me back out and to his car. 

"Let get back to the bakery hmm? I am sure kyungsoo Hyung is worrying because we have been gone for a while." He slid into the car and turned the engine on. "You need your seat belt." He reached for it and I smiled.

"I can do this much, I am not broken you know!" I giggled and he smiled brighter.

"Got it Yuuki-ah" He flicked on the radio and exo automatically started playing.  "How about we see who can make the song the most weird?" I nodded and we began to play. I was thankful to kai, he kept me calm and he knew exactly how to handle all the issues I had. Little did I know, I would have more to thank my new friend for.