everything is a mess...

Being Noticed

I sighed as I began cleaning the tables, it was way passed 8. Maybe I was hallucinating earlier? I had been rather tired recently. A loud series of knocks pulled me from my thoughts. I opened the door, opting to leave the chain on, and mumbled without looking up. "I am sorry we closed a while back, you will have to return tomorrow." I bowed my head.

"Even me?" I blinked and shot up, met with the sight of D.O and 3 others under an umbrella, I hadn't even noticed that it had began raining. "I forgot to get the bakery address,  we had to try each one." I pulled the chain off and opened the door wide.

"You should have just gone home! You are soaked!" I rushed towards the back and returned with towels. D.O chuckled and pet my head.

"I promised I would come back. I don't break promises ever." He then turned to the 3 with him, "plus I had some other fans of yours that insisted on meeting you." He pointed and they each pulled off their disguises. Kai,  suho and Tao stood in all their idol glory. Suho bowed and led them in their introductions.

"Hello, I am exo's leader and guardian, suho" he flashed me a bright smile and I handed him a towel bowing, also handing one to Kai, D.O and Tao. I couldn't help but stare and Kai chuckled.

"Okay,  we know we are handsome." He leaned his elbow on suho's shoulder. He raised his brow in amusement as I bowed in apology. "You're right soo, she does apologise too much. That's going to have to change. How can we be friends if you're so awkward?"

"F-friends?" I squeaked and again mentally hit myself. 

"Oh my god! This is where she recorded it!" Tao clapped and I realised I hadn't even noticed him leave the small group.

"Sorry...He gets a bit excitable..." D.O rubbed the back of his neck and I smiled, my nose scrunching up as I stifled a giggle. "Though maybe he should be around more often. Now, what's on the list?" I looked over at him curiously.  "If we help with your jobs, they will get done faster. Then we can try some cake!" He grinned and I shook my head.

"It's okay, you don't have to!" I waved my arms out in horror at the thought of them doing any of the work. Two warms hands cupped mine, holding them still.

"We want to. Please?!" D.O's eyes were wide as he pleaded with me, his thumbs rubbing circles onto my knuckles. "I am a fair cook.... I can even help with the baking!" Damn,  his super cute eyes and that smile....safe to say, I gave in. Ten minutes later Kai, Tao and Suho were cleaning the bakery whilst, D.O stood in the kitchen with me. I glanced at the time and then down to my cake mix. "Are you expecting someone?" 

"Not particularly,"  but when a thud sounded the door and people called my name, I panicked. "You guys have to hide. Now!" Without thinking about anything,  other than keeping the males safe, I walked out and pulled the 3 others into the kitchen before shutting the kitchen door and opening the bakery door.

"Hey loser" a shudder ran through my entire body. "Did you like our little present? Or did you not see it? Oh, that's right..you don't even have enough money for new clothes, never mind a phone!" Minsun cackled and pushed my head back with her finger. I backed away against the counter slipping down on the floor, rather ungracefully. 

"Don't you have better stuff to be doing?" I really wanted to challenge her,  instead my voice came out softer than a kitten's purr. 

"What's more fun than watching others be miserable?" She was nose to nose with me, she pointed to the display case and a male in the group lifted a baseball bat, smashing through the glass with ease. A loud thud from the kitchen made my eyes widen. Minsun took one look at me and then looked at the door. "Do you have someone here? After closing hours?" I shook my head in a rush and a shattered piece of glass scraped my cheek and I finally let out a whimper.

"Come on Minsun,  we need to leave I am sure the neighbours heard the smash." One of the males tugged on the girls arm and she left with them. As soon as the main door clicked shut, I rushed over and locked it. I leant my back against it, hand on my heart, and slid down it to the floor.  The kitchen door swung open and I jumped in fear before I remembered the four exo members. 

"You're bleeding!" They dashed over and started fussing over me. I sat in shock,  unable to move. "Yah! Yuuki-ah!  Say something." D.O clicked his fingers in front of my face, "Yuuki?" His eyes met mine, they filled with tears once more as his softened. "It's okay, they are gone. You are okay, we are here." And with that I flew into his embrace, crying into his shoulder. "Wow, you really are shaken up." He placed his palm on my back, making small circles.

"Do you get that a lot?" Suho's hand joined D.O's on my back as I nodded into the latter's chest.

"I can't stand people like that!" Kai huffed as he located the Broom and began sweeping up the shards of glass on the floor.

"Don't do that! You might cut yourself!" I pushed away from D.O and reached out for the Broom. 

"Don't be silly!" Kai crouched down in front of me, making sure there was eye-contact. "Your hands are shaking so badly, I doubt you would be able to hold the Broom. Me and Tao will clean up, you go with Soo and finish those cakes. Okay?" When I didn't answer he hummed again questioningly,  placing his hand on my head and I nodded slowly, my eyes wide and my mouth in a small 'o' shape. The males round me chuckled.

"Your so cute!" Tao shoved kai's hand away from my head and cupped my face, he pressed his lips to my cheek and grinned at the chorus of 'Yah' from his friends. My face was fully red and I slumped back again. Then kai's words floated back to me.

"The cake!" I scrambled to my feet and dashed into the kitchen. I screamed at the thick grey smoke and started panicking,  I pulled open the oven door and reached out for the cake, without thinking, pain coursed through my hand as the heat burnt my skin. I dropped everything on the floor and dropped down next to it. "It's ruined....It's such a complicated decoration. I don't have time to make another!" 

"Can't you just do it tomorrow?" Suho appeared at the door and then yelled for the others, he took my arm by the wrist and I winced. "Not like you can do it with your hand like that!" He frowned at me and I honestly felt like a kid caught sneaking cookies.

"I needs to be done by tomorrow! If I get a cake onto the menu...." I trailed off and looked at the ruined sponge cake. "My pay will be higher, my mother's health is at risk everyday. They house is dusty and damp, it has holes everywhere and my mother sleeps on the floor so that I could have the bed." I pulled my hand out of Suho's grip and he sighed.

"That's it. I have seen enough!" He looked at the members, "Kai you take her to the hospital, get that burn checked. Kyungie you make a new cake, Tao and I will fix everything else." The males nodded once in understanding before I was pulled away by a very warm, tanned hand.