❇ ~ Soompi: EQSOL Documentary

❊❇ ↝ EQSOL | YG's First Mega-Unit | The Journey Begins ↜ ❇❊

HOME     NEWS     GALLERY     EXCLUSIVES     FORUM     SHOP

 

EQSOL: New members! Documentary! Debut! Oh my!

WinterEssence00 | July 17th, 2014

Hello peeps, it's been a little while since we've heard about our favorite girls but there is some bittersweet news. Our sassy main rapper, Elise Zhang, has decided to leave the group. The news broke officially on EQSOL's Aurora blog and it is heart breaking honestly. I adored her and you could tell everyone of the girls did as well.

"Have you ever woken up one day and questioned what you wanted to do for the rest of your life or if the path you're taking is the right one for you? Well, that happened to me while I was brushing my teeth and looking in the mirror." stated the former sassy rapper in an exclusive interview. "There was a voice in my head that constantly nagged at me saying "Do you want to be an idol?" or "Do you want to continue working as an entertainer?" and it made me not confused and unconfident. So I went to talk to the EQSOL girls and we had a heart to heart about. Lyn told me that I only have one life and that I should do what I feel is right for me. No one else is going to know more than I do about myself but at the end of the day, all of them would have her back. So a few weeks later, I came to the realization that...this wasn't for me. So I talked to Hiro and sajangnim and they appreciated me being honest about it. It was a really hard decision to make, probably one of the hardest, seeing as I absolutely adore all of the EQSOL girls but I know that they support me in whatever I do, telling me that I can do absolutely anything I put my mind to. That really motivates me to push forward and do my best in whatever I do." Elise added. "So the next chapter of Elise Zhang's life is to become a person of justice. I applied to colleges in Europe and China and plan to start in the fall. This girl is on her way towards becoming the most fabulous lawyer ever and I am sticking to that for now (chuckles). I will also be the biggest fangirl of EQSOL as well so please, please...I hope everyone supports EQSOL when they debut since they've worked so hard and deserve to achieve everything. They are my sisters for life."

Those very sisters of hers also left a bunch of farewell messages on the offical blog which ranged from hilarious to really tear jerkingly sweet and shows how close they are. You will be deeply missed, Elise, and everyone wishes you the best in all of your future endeavors. Butterfly also lost three members to their lineup - Choo Seulhee, Sasazuka Moa, and Qian Nayeon which has left quite the void in the groups. But those spots won't be left vacant according to both LDH and YG representatives and the two CEOs.

"In LDH, all of my groups have gone through a process called "musha shugyo" which in Japan is a warriors quest to pilgrimage, or in this case an artists quest to being able to debut. There have been groups in my company that start out with 300 and end up with 7 to 10 during this process. YG has had the same experience so we've selected some trainees from both YG and LDH to have the chance at debuting." stated Hiro in a recent interview. So who are these new girls? Well let's see! Introducing the new sassy main rapper...the tiny Thai Dragon, Chariya Sirisopa!

  

Name: Chariya Sirisopa
Japanese Name: Izumi Kameko
Stage Name: Riya
Birthdate: March 1st, 1996
Height: 160cm
Weight: 52kg
Position: Sassy Main Rapper, Vocalist, Spark Maknae
Birthplace: Bangkok, Thailand
Hometown: Bangkok, Thailand
Ethnicity: 1/2 Thai, 1/2 Japanese
Nationality: Thai-Japanese (dual citizenship)
Specialties: Thai (native), Japanese (fluent), Korean (conversational), English (conversational), Chinese (basic), can play the clarinet, piano, guitar, violin, being sassy, handling spicy food, video games

✹ She likes to watch cooking shows.
✹ She admires and really likes Exile
✹ She loves spicy food and likes to add spice to her favorite dishes
✹ Used to rap in the underground hiphop scene
✹ Sang the opening theme for Akame ga Kill and Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
✹  Modelled in both Japan and Thailand
✹ Loves the idea of cosplaying and would do it if she was given the chance

According to sources, Spark and EQSOL won't be missing out on any type of sass. Riya is said to be a little firecracker ready to explode. It'll be interesting to see how she'll interact with other members of the group. It'll be exciting to see the adjustment! Congrats on being chosen, Chariya! Now we have a new Butterfly trainee, one who Hiro and YG believe to show the most promise. Introducing the newest Butterfly addition...Oshiro Miwa!

  

Name: Oshiro Miwa
Stage Name: m.iA
Birthdate: January 3rd, 1996
Height: 152cm
Weight: 45kg
Position: Vocalist, Rapper
Birthplace: Aomori, Aomori Prefecture, Japan
Hometown: Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Ethnicity: Japanese
Nationality: Japanese
Specialties: Japanes (native), Thai (basic), Korean (conversational), fashion, lolita trends

❇ Was a student for EXPG and a model under LDH Inc. before recently transferring to YG
❇ She has a strong lolita style and and alwasy has the latest brands for the style
❇ She was born with Type I Diabetes

With the addition of Miwa, that brings the current Butterfly lineup to 5, two less than the initial. according to the big bosses, this number is susceptible to change so who knows how many members we'll end up with for this group. But, in the mean time, a big congratulations to Miwa for being selected. Now with the "hello" and "goodbyes" out of the way, it's time for some great news. Not just great news, fantastic news. In a month and 1 week...EQSOL will make their debut! Awesomeness! But to pass the time until the big debut we're going to get a documentary!

According to a joint statement by LDH Inc. and YG Entertainment, EQSOL will have a 3 part documentary about their trainee life, featuring both the fun times and hardships that got them to where they are now. The show, The Real EQSOL, will air on July 26th in both South Korea (Mnet & SBS), interviews being led by reporter Geum Youngsook, and Japan (TBS, NTV & Fuji-TV), with Tokyo reporter Sakamoto Kimiko. After the conclusion of the show, EQSOL's debut album will be released. So much greatness for the weeks to come so make sure to tune in!

 TAGS 

Debut
EQSOL
YG Entertainment
LDH Inc.
Girl Group

PREVIOUS STORY

WINNER to make their debut in August.

NEXT STORY

UNIQ to make their debut this winter season.

Sign in                                                                         8,973 people listening
Newest | Oldest | Top Comments

youknow_iknow                                                                                                 13 minutes ago

Elize was my bias, I'm really sad right now. My sassy pumpkin T_T! But to be a true fan, I have to support what makes my idol happy. I hope she becomes the most badass lawyer in the future and I'm happy she left on good terms with the girls. Chariya is really cute, I hope she can fulfill the void of sassiness. I'm excited to see how she interacts with the other girls, being the new girl and all.

Like    Reply

AuroraMVP                                                                                                        30 minutes ago

Butterfly lost 3 members?!?! That must be tough on those girls, I hope they are mentally alright. But I'm really happy for Miwa and hope she fits in well. I can't wait for the documentary. I wonder if we'll see them interact with their sunbae and senpais, I so want to see that! Sey and Lyn were in 3JSB's R.Y.U.S.E.I. video and I want more! >_<

Like    Reply

r.y.u.s.e.i.                                                                                                          39 minutes ago

I hope their album is good but even so I am ready to horde off the haters. *starts finger flexing in preparation*

Like    Reply

i-love-cheese                                                                                                     45 minutes ago

Oh my God, OMG, OH MY GOD!!! The time has almost come! OMG! I'm not ready! Ahhh!

Like    Reply