The Struggles

My Sweet Nerdy Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol POV

I woke up early this morning to get ready for school. I was still thinking about my mom. I still couldn't believe that they actually fired her. She tried her hardest and yet they kicked her out. I was really frustrated and worried. My mom still had her morning job at least but she still can't get as much money as she did when she still had her other job. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. "I need to do something about this. Now we can't pay the rent for our apartment or eat at least three meals a day" I thought. "What am I going to do. I have to come up with something" I kept mumbling until my mom had called me in. I got my things and headed downstairs towards the kitchen. 

I sat down as I ate my breakfast. I noticed that my mom wasn't eating. "Mom is there something wrong?" I asked. "I'm so sorry Channie is just that I'm really trying hard to look for a job" she said as she rubbed her forehead. "Mom don't worry. I'll see what I can do to help you okay?" I tried easing her worries. "Thank you Channie. You are just like your dad. So nice and warm hearted" she smiled. "Thanks mom" I smiled back as I was relieved that she calmed down a bit. "Well mom, I gotta go. Bye mom" I said as I grabbed my bag and hugged my mom. "Bye Channie!!! Do your best today at school!!!" She waved. I waved back before running off to school.

~TIME SKIP~

I arrived at school and went straight towards the library. I needed to grab a few books for my studies. I went through the doors of the library and got knocked down by someone. I looked up to see it was Eun-mi's friend, Taeyeon. "Hey there, stupid nerd!!!" She yelled. I looked down with my eyes watering. "Aaawww. Is the nerd gonna cry like a big baby? Are you gonna run to your mommy?" She laughed. Everyone else soon joined and laughed at me. I started having tears stroll down my cheeks. I was defenseless and weak against them. "C'mon guys. This loser isn't worth it" she threw a paper at my head before walking off with everyone else.

I sniffled at the cruel words she said to me. I don't know what I did to her to make her hate me. I grabbed my books that were scattered around. I got up and walked over to a table. I was reading my books until I saw someone come up to me. "Hey Chanyeol" I heard Kyungsoo say. "Hey Kyungsoo" I said a little down. "Did they push you around again?" he asked. "Every time" I said. "Don't worry bud. Cheer up. I'm sure they'll get tired of bullying you sooner or later" he said. "Yeah. Thanks" I said emotionless. "C'mon Chanyeol. Don't let them get to you. Besides you have me at least" he smiled as he patted my back. I couldn't help but smile as Kyungsoo comforted me. I'm happy that I have a friend like him.

"Thanks Kyungsoo" I said a little happy. "No prob" he said. "Anyway Kyungsoo can I discuss something with you?" I asked since Kyungsoo is the only person to turn to. "Yeah sure what is it?" He sat down next to me. "Well. You see umm... My mom... Had lost her job" I said looking down. "Really? What happened?" his expression looked shocked. "Well because the place where she worked the night shift kicked her out because of money shortage" I explained quietly. "Oh that's why? But your mom was really hard working. I've met her plenty of times and I can actually tell she works hard than anybody else does" he said. "Yeah but they still kicked her out" I said. 

"Well what are you gonna do?" He asked. "Well if I pass the test with a good score then I'll have the chance to join early college. It might be more work for me but if I go then I can get a job earlier" I explained. "What if you don't make it?" He asked. "Oh don't say that Kyungsoo. I know I'll pass. I'm number one on the board remember?" I smiled confidently. "Well Chanyeol, I bless you good luck you to pass that test. I hope you do make it. Do it for your mom and probably for Eun-mi" h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter