Chapter 2 - Let the work begin

Healer -Birth of Joker

Chanyeol headed back into the station and back into his office. Pluping right down onto his seat, laying back a bit till he sat up straight again. He evaulated the joker cards again.He looked at all of them. He placed them all on his white broad going down a line. Each card was a joker, but just differently designed.

  

He stood up walked up to the broad he with his eyes going back and forth. A small thought struck him " why is all the jokers on the cards...girls?" chanyeol started rubbing his chin deep in thought "maybe joker is a prevert" he was startled by the voice, "aigoo yashiii" Jinhae walked up to the broad standing next to chanyeol " All the jokers are girls, it was just a thought maybe joker is fond of girls" she smiled at him. "get out" she smirked " look, I'm working with you reather you like it or not" she turned around looking back at the broad "bwoh?" "I tried to convince samchon to switch me over to work with atleast Kyun Sang Oppa, but he says its also your punishment" Jinhae placed her hand on her chin and looked back at chanyeol curiously "speaking of which, How did you get in trouble? samchon always praised about you to me" chanyeol was surpised "bwoh? he does?" she nodded "yeah, he always said your very smart and clever, and other things, never thought that his favoirte hoobae would get in trouble" he looked back at the cards. "well what did yo-" "I was trying to catch joker last night, apparently all the police man had followed me leaving the station unsuperivsed" chanyeol than placed the King card onto the broad below the joker cards. Jinhae looked at the card "did joker leave that card?" chanyeol nodded "this joker card and this king card" he kept rubbing messing up his hair " I don't understand the message on the king cards meaning" jinhae smiled and looked at the card. "well" loooking right at chanyeol " for sure if you had gone to School you should know that, back in the renicess times, in the court was main leads and secounds leads" chanyeol became interested and turn his attentions to jinhae " detective park, The main leads were the King and Queen, while the secound leads, are the court jesters or known as, the jokers" he was fasinated by her theory, "or" he gave her that serious look again "maybe joker he just wants to play dumb with me" jinhae sighed and shook her head "look I really appreicate your "theory", but still I can't tolerate working with a partner" with that he was walking out of his office but jinhae ran in front of him "reather you like it or not, we are partners" she didn't give in she gave him a strong look, no backing down.

 she walked out. "this girl" he shook his head" Jinhae was walking and bumped into someone "oh sorry " he bowed back ' no worries" he looked at her up and down "I'm sorry but are you new here?" she smiled a bit"yes I am, Annyeongsaeyo Choi Jinhae immida" his mouth formed an oh shape till his thoughts halted him "wait..CHOI you said" jinhae nodded "yea I'm Chef Choi Min Se's neice " the guy infront of her was shocked and strongly shook her hand "OMOMO its such an honor, oh" *strange but cute* "Sorry, Annyeongsaeyo Do Kyungsoo, but you can call me D.O"

she smiled and shook her head she than saw a couple of files D.O held in his hands "sorry to ask D.O, but whats that you got there" "huh?" he than looked at his hand holding the files "oh yeah, My team were working on anassingment right now" *wonder if its-?* "what team are you on?" "oh the research team, Some companys have been reportered to have been hacked over these last few months" jinhae immeditly took interest "hacked?" "thae These companies have big bisness with Overseas and foriegn country bisness, and their data well it was calmed to be stolen and deleted" she nodded her head "thanks D.O " she was about to walk away "hey if you ever need any help ask us" "us?" he nodded and walked to the research team lab. Jinhae pulled out a small ear peice from her pocket and begain looking for the exit out of the station. -night time- When she had equipped the item on, she pressed a small button on the device "ajumma" "finally you called what took you so long?" "nothing I was just at the police station" ajumma jumped up from her chair "what were you doing there" jinhae looked around while she was walking back " visiting samchon and kyun sang oppa and oh, I'll be working there "

the line went quiet for a bit " hello? hellooo? hellloo? ajumma you there?"

"YOOOOOUUUUU WHATTTTTTTT ARE YOU CRAZY?" jinhae knew this would happen "aaaa if I didn't do this Joker would be caught" all she could hear was ahjamma sigh and making fusses from the other line " you are crazy working there,YOU will definitly get you caught working there, I forbid it" jinhae stopped walking "ajumma, I actually found some useful information there" "bwoh?! what kind of information?" Jinhae hid behind a alley for abit. " The assignment we're on, did it had something with hacking and data?" it was quiet till she asked "wae?" jinhae became worried "today I was talking to one of the staff that is involoved with the research team" Jinhae found an abandond apartment "so?" "The staff person told me about the reseach they were investitagting, it had something to do with hacking, and data striping of some high corps and companys" ahjamma became confused "bwoh? hacking, we did hack, but only 2-3 and it was only for control, and permitter scout, not information or date" Jinhae was fully dressed differetnly. A sweater on that rolls up to her cover

top with a black leather jacket, a hat and sunglasses to cover her head and eyes."well, best we investigate this ourselfs" with that said jinhae turned into the joker, the nights courier. Looking around the alley, she observe her surroundings.With one swift moment, she jumped on to the wall grabbing on to anything and started climbing up.

Holding onto whatever is punctured or sticking out of the wall, to her it was just like rock climbing.Making her way up, she jumped form building to building, till she stopped. Clicking one of the small buttons on the glasses she wore, they turned into dark shades. Looking throught the glasses themselfs were computer glasses. Monitering the police station, she searched for Research lab "ajumma which part of the sta-" "the back,pass detective parks office" She watched closely from on top apartments, waiting for the right timing. She saw her uncle and 11 other guys came out *whats samchon doing with those guys?* looking closely she recongized one of them *D.O, than that must be the research team* She saw they bowed to her uncle and begin leaving. That was her q. She silently jumped from the secound landing safely, and hiding behind a building. She used her glasses again *can't go through the front, what about the back?* before she was about to walk any closer "ajumma" "yea?" "think you can control those cameras inside the police station and outside as well?" ajumma looked up her loctation that joker was at "ya jinhae, what do you think you are doing?!" "I'm about to cross the line, but I need your help " " If thats the case than don't because you can get caught" " Ajumaa please....belivie me" she could hear ajumma sigh.

 

Jinhae hear some fast typing " no one right now is in the research falictiy, the camera I'm looking from theres a back window so go around the station without getting caught" she quickly ran for it, trying to blend into the night surrounds, and dark corners. When she headed straight for some bushes she leaped. Jinhae saw the window. She climbed up but only to find the window locked. Jinhae looked up even more, there was a small light blinking "ajumma this window is secured, try hacking can you?" "OK!" She heard ajumma say very loudly "hold on one sec this will take a while to bring its fire wall and security down" jinhae looked around making sure no ones was spotted her there. A beep sound went off "joker go" she pushed the windown up and climbed right in."are the alarms off as well?" " Yes but not for long, so you must hurry and do what you must to find what you need" she started looking around, the lab was full of cameras and computers *wheres the filing system?* joker looked around , "ajumma the filing system has its own room where tho?" "its right there you need a card to open its hidden room, but I was able to do that while you were looking around, face the door and go to your left" she did as she was told.Pushing the wall it opened with a motioned sensored light turning on.

*Where do I start?* jinhae started moving around finding what she can, took her awhile " shoot ajumma I can't find it" jinhae left the filing room , before she was about to go out, she saw a file that really caught her eye. She moved closer pulling out the file

"ajumma" "GET OUT OF THERE DETECTIVE PARK IS COMING YOUR WAY!" She placed it back and shut the door, right when she came out from the secret room the door opened.

Chanyeol P/O/V:

Chef and the exo gang decided to call it a night, and left me incharge. I didn't mind I love my job. while sitting there I still remember what jinhae had said to me. Her theory, it did make sensce but I was just too stubborn to let her finish. My phone ringed breaking me from the my thoughts. "Yeobsaeyo?" "ah chanyeol-ah its D.O can you do me a favor?" "yea what?" "I forgot I left a file on the table at the research lab can you pick it up and leave it in your office, I won't be there tomorrow and neither of the guys as well" 'thae no problem" with that I hang up and was getting up to go to the research falicity. Making my way I was finally infront of the doors. Swiping my card for the doors to open I made it in and the lights. There were two tables but one with the filing portfilo.

I grabbed it and opened it up. My eyes darted to a picture that was with the file "what does this hacking have to do with him?" I became very interested, *maybe I'll qestion D.O tomorrow, but wait...hes not going to be here* I took the file with me closing it, and locking down the falicity. When I had made it half way down the hall I just realized it was really cold in the lab *I always go there, it was never that cold* I even checked the temp for it. It felt...odd, I quickly went back to the falicity. When the doors opened and the lights I saw him, Joker "YA" apparently joker was close to the window already and had jumped out making off with whatever he had. *shoot* I quickly made a call to chef standing next to the window that was open

JOKER P/O/V:

 

When the lights . I held on for dear life. The only hiding spot that I could hide.....was the ceilling( -__- ) I held tightly on to a pipe with my back down and my head could barely see.

(SIMILAR TO THIS LOL JAEHYO)

"ya joker just hold on for little while " I felt like I could drop any sec. When I almost did drop down I was able to look over my shoulder and spot that Detective was below me. Seeing the file he had I lowered myself while my legs held me up. I have to admit he was tall, this giant I was like right next to his head, but I tried to read the profile upside down, with quick thinking I took pictures with the shades and sent it in to ajumma. "What does this hacking have to do with him?" Chanyeol said quietly to himself, tho I heard since I was right next to him. When he began turning around I quickly brought myself back up hugging and holding the pipe. When he was gone and the lights turned off I got down quietly. I started walking to teh window and right when I was about to jump, the door opened and the lights . I gasped and looked over my shouler "YA!" I quickly jumped out. Running which ever direction as long as it was far from here.

Normal P/O/V:

-With Samchon and Kyun Sang-

"ya where is she its so late now" Chef begin to bicker here and there " Appa she texted me, she says she will be staying at her apartment" Chef choi was surpised "bwoh?! when did she get an apartment?" kyun sang just shrugged while cleaning the dishes after eatting dinner with his father. Of course he really disapproved the idea of jinhae living by herself "did she tell you where the apartment is?" kyun sang shook his head side ways "that girl" "appa shes grown now, she can take care of herself" "ashiii you kids now a days still think just cause your in your early 20's or late 20's your grown ups now" with that said he walked to his room. Kyun sang finished everything up and went to his bedroom. Opening his laptop a request to webcam came. He opened it.

 

"yah oppa"

He smiled

"ya you know appa's mad right?"

Jinhae smiled back at him

"I know, but I don't want to be a burden to you and samchon"

"YA you know your not a burden to us, your family"

he acted like he was a bit angry

" hey didn't you say I'm old enough to make my own choices this is my choice"

he shook his head

"you don't know how worried we both will be since you're on your own"

"Oppa I'll be fine arraso?"

she made an ok sign with her hand

" get some rest I'll see you tomorrow"

she smiled and ended the conversation.

 

-With Jinhae-

When she had shut her laptop she looked to the big room she now owns. "Joker" "Thae Ajumma?" " The pictures you sent me, it's a file that needs speical permission granted to be invesigated" "and so?" jinhae paced back in forth in her room " on one of the pages you sent, I read a bit of it, and yes It talked about Data and information be stripped from companies main system and get this" she stopped " Joker, is a prime suspect" jinhae looked up from the ground "bowh....I'm a suspect" "thae, but not only you, what the research team did was, rounded up other people to who had only access to such information and another supsect is tied to you now" she looked worried now "who?" "His name is Kang Xin" she looked as if she had saw a ghost " Kang Xin? as in-" "thae President Kang Xin, who owns majority corperations, and companys. but the thing is that when the research team had put together this info, they had lost a peice of the puzzle, to HOW he could have stolen it and thats-" "where my part came in, they suspect that the joker works for Kang xin"ajumma sighed from the other line " what do we do now?" Jinhae asked "my suggestion is that we dissappear for a bit till this mess can calm down" jinhae hated running "anni ajumma....I won't run, at least......not anymore" She said as was looking at something on the table. It was the file that caught her eye earlier in the filing system back at the station. She was able to sneak it into her bag before she had left. "what?joker-" her opened the file " Ajumma" She held a picture up. Jinhae felt her eyes became wet. " No more running " it was a picture of a house, that was burned down by a fire. Jinhae had no clue, tears ran down her eyes down her cheeks leaving saddness and bitterness. *umma.....APPA* the house in the picture was her house, and along with that picture a suspect was written down. KANG XIN

She gripped the picture tight as if she wanted to kill someone.