Ch 4: Killing some time

SOMEWHERE I BELONG TO

Your POV

After saying my goodbyes I left the salon and decided to grab something to eat before I head back home, and on my way to a restaurant I decided to note the date on my phone calendar. ‘Now I see why the boss said to start working in two days, it was going to be the beginning of the next month’

As I am still not so used to Korean food I went to a fast food restaurant and ordered burger and fries with as well. I ate comfortably as I looked out the restaurant’s window at the passing flow of people, it feels weird that I don’t have someone to have a meal with, it’s nothing new but still it will be better if there was someone who would keep me company at such times.

I finished my food and took the tray with me to the trashcan to throw everything there and place the tray on the table beside it, after doing so I turned to the door to go out and I saw a little kid staring at me so I bent down and placed my hands on my knees while smiling sweetly at the little girl in front of me. After a passing second or two I waved at her “annyong, eonni galgeo” I said while still smiling, then she gave me a shy smile accompanied by a small bow ‘what a cute kid, I want to spend more time with her’ with that I left the restaurant.

I looked at the time on my phone ‘I don’t think my dad will be home yet, he should be still at work’ I didn’t want to go back to that empty house and have nothing to do, so I plugged on my earphones and started playing some random music on my playlist as I walked down the busy streets killing some extra time. I stopped at the intersection waiting for the green light to flash and allow us to pass while the red one freeze all the cars in front of the white lines. As I was waiting I started thinking of the places I’d like to go and see in this country and suddenly the park from a couple of days ago popped into my mind and I didn’t want to ignore that thought so I decided to make it my next destination.

It was a public park with a fence around it and an entrance. I took a deep breath of fresh air as I walked in remembering what a busy morning it was, I passed by a figure who seemed like a guy but he was covered up as he was wearing a navy blue hoodie and dark sunglass with a black mask. ‘He must be an idol looking for a place to run away to and rest for a while’ I thought, then I looked at his black shoes and I fell in love with them. I had always loved high-top sneakers and especially black ones, it wasn’t something extraordinary but I always notice them wherever I went to.

As I wondered around the park I saw that bench that the boy was sitting on last time I came here. It was placed near a nice view of a fountain and under a tree so it was a really good deal ‘I see now why he chose this bench, it’s a great spot’. I started walking to the bench but I looked around searching for that boy as if I could actually find him there. When I was in front of the bench I skipped the spot he sat on that time and I went to the other end of the bench and I dropped my backpack on it. I don’t know why I keep calling him a boy when he is actually my age or maybe slightly older, but the way he looked lost in thoughts made me want to approach him and comfort him, maybe that was the reason behind capturing that picture, because of the first impression that I got of him.

I sat there for a good five minutes getting lost in the clouds while the wind softly play with some strands of my hair as it lift it a bit then let it drop on my shoulders down to my back. I liked this feeling but I started to feel a bit sleepy as how wild this day was going so I decided to take a nap while half lying on the bench. I adjusted my body on the bench while my head rested on my backpack and looked at nowhere particular. It didn’t take me that long to lose conscious and drift to dream land. I hope I didn’t look like a hopeless person.

The sun rays were bothering me in my sleep so I woke up and I say that the sun has moved quite some from its original place when I first sat on the bench, so I realized that it I’ve slept more than I intended to. I sat straight and adjusted my hair, and that was when I wasn’t the only one sitting on the bench. As I looked to my left I saw that same black sneakers owner, the one I saw at the entrance of the park. I felt so embarrassed to look like this, I tried to fix my clothes and my hair as much as possible hoping I would look decent enough.

He noticed that I woke up so he turned to my direction and smiled slightly, and at that moment I realized that he wasn’t wearing his mask no. ‘I wonder when he got here. OMG I WISH I DIDN’T LOOK LIKE A WEIRDO’ I freaked out in my mind and then a melody of a song I recognize started playing but I couldn’t figure out what song it was or from where it was coming until he took out his phone and looked at me bowing slightly then walked away.

“What was I thinking of when I decided to sleep her!” I said to the tree next to me “Why was this place so peaceful and tempting? Why did I fall for such a place and get tricked!” I was embarrassed so I poured it all out on the poor tree that has nothing to do with anything.

I didn’t want to be here if he decided to come back, so I turned back to my backpack to pick it up and leave. But just then I noticed a small orange juice bottle next to it with a small sticky note on it. It was still cold so I guess it wasn’t there for so long.

You looked cute and peaceful while you’re sleeping :3
Here is something refreshing for you when you wake up
I hope you smile when you see it as you were while sleeping ^^
-Mysterious friend

This made me feel more embarrassed and my face started turning red, I checked if I was drooling or if there was anything on my face when I was sleeping. ‘Aish… hmmm why did I do this why did I sleep’ I stomped my feet to the ground. After that I rushed home trying not to do anything foolish on my way. As I was waiting by the intersection I checked my watch and it was 4:30 so I rushed home while drinking the free juice that I received. As he said it was refreshing.

When I reached the house my dad welcomed me with a worried face expression “why did you take so long? I hope you didn’t have a hard day looking for a job.”, “don’t worry dad your girl knows how to take care of herself” “because you’re my girl I worry about you”. “Well my day didn’t start as I wanted but later at noon I found a place that welcomed me warmly” starting with that I told him about how my day went skipping the last event in it.

I spent the rest of the day with my dad and after dinner I went to wash and sleep but before that I took the note that I got today from that mysterious friend and hanged it with a clip on the thread that I placed on my wall. Well It wasn’t that good experience but I had fun with all those emotions so I’ll try to forget the embarrassments and just think of the good things on it sides.

With that I turned my lights off and slipped myself under the sheets turning over as I try to find a comfortable position to sleep in.

....................................................................