Ch 1: A new home... NO a new house

SOMEWHERE I BELONG TO

Author POV

You’ve arrived to Korea 3 days ago and you still didn’t unpack all your stuff in your new house in Seoul. Wondering around the streets with your camera taking shots of what your eyes got attracted to, you came to cross a park so you thought why not go inside and take pictures of some kids playing around, and then you saw a boy similar to your age sitting on a bench there with earphones plugged in. slowly you adjuster the lenses of the camera to capture that beautiful scene in front of you, as soon as the shutter closed the boy looked at you in reflect of the sound coming from the camera, you lowered your camera and took a step toward the boy to explain to him that you didn’t mean to intrude but the view wasn’t something you would’ve abandon.  “wait I can explain, I would delete it if you want me to” you started but when you were about to open your mouth to say something else he was far away, it took him few seconds to disappear from your sight but you felt bad for that. He seemed like he was enjoying himself there but you ruined that for him.

You went to fetch you some snacks and headed back to complete your unpacking to be able to check what is missing so that your father and you will go the next morning to buy it and settle down.

 

 

At Your House:

A click of the door knob echoed through the still kind of empty house, “ooh princes your back already” you heard your father’s warm voice coming from the hallway. “Yes daddy and I bought some snacks as well, do you want some?” you replied. “No thanks dear I’m making dinner already so go head upstairs and wash-up in the meantime, and I’ll call you when its ready” he answered. “Sure” with that you climbed the stairs and headed to the room that is next to you when you arrived at the top.

You dropped your bag beside the desk and placed your camera on the desk and headed toward your messy luggage and reached out for the first thing that your hand could reach which was a grey sweatpants and a mickey mouse t-shirt, took out your towel and other necessary things and went straight to the bathroom to take a bath, as you filled the tub and sat in it you remembered that guy on the bench, it still feels a bit guilty but what else can you do. You promised yourself that if you found him again you’ll apologize.

You felt relaxed when you came out, but you couldn’t deny that your stomach was growling so you went out of the room and a yummy smell filled the air. As you went down the smell got stronger and just when you reached the end of the hallway you turned right to enter the kitchen and you saw your daddy’s back as he was turning off the stove so you went to him and hugged him lightly not to startle him “What’s wrong dear?!” he asked worried and you lifted your head with a bright smile and shock your head as you told him that you were completely fine, “Thank you dad, for your hard work, and don’t worry I’ll do well here” you said as you took out some plates and placed them on the table with a set of forks and spoons for both of you. “Sorry Sara that I dragged you into this” he suddenly said, you raised your head and looked straight into your father’s eyes and said “I was the one who chose to come with you, I wasn’t forced. But don’t worry mum just needed a little break and she’ll come when she is ready” “when did my little grow up to be this mature lady in front of me?” your dad said while giggling a bit, then he said “we need to go buy stuff for our new home tomorrow, I hope you still remember that” “Yes dad I still remember and I’m going to make a list of the things I need right after we finish eating, but one more thing, I don’t consider this as our home sorry dad” “its ok sweetheart I can understand that”. You carried on with your dinner and when you finished your father stood up to collect the dishes but you rushed to stop him “its ok I can handle this, it’s your turn to take a rest and shower, you’ve been busy ever since you announced that we’ll move so you need it more than me” he ruffled your hair and smiled to you, and with that he went to his room.

 

Your POV

When I finished with the dishes I went directly to my room, I looked at my phone and saw that it was almost 9 and then I opened the notes to write the list of things I need to buy tomorrow. To know what I need I have to see what I have already, looking around the room I think I need another set of bed covers, something white will make the bed look wider, then I looked at the nightstand and I thought that a small frame with a family picture would be nice to be on it so I wrote that as well. Moving to the cabinet I saw that I have only few hangers so I would need more of that since I have a lot of clothes as I like to be fashionable but I’m a bit boyish with my comfortable clothes but I don’t mind it much since I have some clothes that a girl would normally own so that my parents won’t mistake their eldest child as a boy. For now my walls look so empty and white who knows I might either doodle on them if I felt like it or hand some of my future successful pieces of art, who am I kidding even though I like drawing I’m nowhere near an artist yet, but I do need a wall watch to hang up there. Looking at the desk I thought that I need some book dividers and a pencil holder or something like that and some new drawing books. How could I forget I intended to hang the pictures that I’ve took so I need a board to hang on the wall and a small whiteboard as well. “I think that would do for now, I need to sleep” I said to no one in particular and laid on my bed as I watched the celling and one more thing popped in my mind, since I like to watch the starry night sky I might someday buy those glow in the dark stickers or something.

When the morning came the sun shone brightly on my face which bothered me so the first thing I did when I opened my eyes was add curtains on the list, after that I went into the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth, after that I went down to check on my father but he was still in his room so I assumed that he is still sleeping. “Let’s try to make breakfast, you can do simple things like fry egg and make some sandwiches” I said to myself as I was going toward the kitchen, so I started doing them and as I finished right on time my dad came out yawning with his messy bed hair. “Wow you really did grow up, now let’s see how well my princesses cooked” of course it wasn’t perfect I’m not that good at cooking in fact I don’t usually cook for anyone not even myself I just usually grab whatever is available. “Well the sides are a bit burned but it still taste good, don’t worry you’ll do better next time” he said as I tried to look like I don’t care when I was hoping it won’t taste bad deeply inside. “Now let’s finish and get ready to go for a hunt for the missing objects for our house” he likes to make things sound interesting even when they are just normal stuff, but I love this enthusiastic side of him.

We took the car and went out to different shops buying the supplies we needed and thankfully we found almost all that we wanted and more. I passed by a stationary shop and its unique design grabbed my attention so I went inside to get some things for my desk and  I found really nice stuff that would totally describe me in a way or another. And then I saw some small wooden clothes clips that were decorated with flowers and others were plain, so I decided to buy some of both and would hang the pictures that I intended to with them on a rope like in 1D MV story of my life but I’d do mine much smaller and I won’t hang them all around the room I’ll do it my way. So on our way back I was smiling thinking of how the room might look like with all these stuff so my dad noticed how happy I was and he commented “ I hope this smile will always be on your face my princess” without taking his eyes off the road. So I kissed his checks “thank you daddy, I love you too”.

As we reached the house and placed the new stuff we bought in the house we felt exhausted for anyone of us to cook so we went out to eat lunch outside in a restaurant. So when we came back we had to place everything in its place so I took my stuff while dad took his, and when I loaded the last thing in my room it felt much messier than how it was last night so I had no choice but to start cleaning right this moment. I didn’t want to bother my dad so I looked for a hammer and a nail to pin the board to the wall and as I started the knocking sound was loud enough for my dad to hear so he came to my room and took away the hammer form me as he said “this is a man’s job you shouldn’t do it yourself, it won’t take too long but what if you hurt your hands while doing it” “arasso appa” I said and he looked at me blankly so I realized that he noticed that I’m speaking Korean now “Well I have to get used to speaking Korean again since we’ll be staying here for a while, I know quite a bit I just need to practice to remember them” I explained, “That’s my hard working girl, don’t worry you’ll make friends in no time” he said before going back to that hammer. ‘Well I hope it’s as easy as you day dad’. When he left I went back to putting stuff in its place and I started unpacking my other luggage’s and hanged my clothes. Then I took out my photo printer that I bought from the previous country, I still didn’t use it much but I think I will now since I have all the photos of back then and those new ones. Then I remember that guy again  “Why do I keep thinking of him, am I that bothered with it” “well it is the first time anything like that has happened to me, people usually smile at me when they see the camera I wonder why this one ran away. Does he fear people or is he just that shy”.

I finished cleaning my room so I feel exhausted now, but it looks like a bedroom now not a storage anymore. “I’m starting to like it a little bit”. I went down to ask my father what we should order for dinner “let’s eat ramyun this time” he said,“ so now we’re going to speak in Korean here I said sarcastically since the last thing he said was in Korean. “Yes, your idea was good, I need to practice as well so let’s do it this way”. So after dinner I went back to my room to sleep, as I laid on my side I said to myself ‘Let’s see what tomorrow has for us’

....................................................................