Chapter 2

Don't Go

Namjoon lied down on his bed,staring at the ceiling,thinking about something deeply. The one who totally filled his mind was none other than Min Yoongi. He wondered what’s Yoongi doing right now,how’s he feeling with his national exam coming up in three days. Does he have enough confidence? Is he feeling pressured?  Those kind of questions kept bothering Namjoon. Because,well... knowing Yoongi,he is not an always positive kind of guy.

Namjoon learned about him from Yoongi’s best friend since middle school,Kim Seokjin. He learned that Yoongi lived apart from his parents,because of their work. They wanted to bring him along,but he was already a third year when they moved,so he had no other choice. His older brother couldn’t stay with him too because of his college. Seokjin said that Yoongi changed a bit after that. He was usually bright,cheerful, and very talkative to the point it annoyed Seokjin at times. Now he was more calm and reserved. The brightness in his face faded a little. Honestly he was lonely,yet he always covered it behind his smile. He has no one he can rely on,someone who can always be by his side. Eventhough Seokjin always come over his house to accompany him,it won’t be enough. He also looked a bit stressed sometimes and liked to be alone.

What if his parents are too busy with their work and couldn’t spare their time to contact Yoongi hyung? What if Yoongi hyung needs some support or advice from them? What if Yoongi hyung really need them right now?

Namjoon got up from his bed and walked towards his table. He took a paper and a pen. He wanted to write anything to release him from all the toughts that have been haunting him. He wrote and wrote,poured all his feelings to the paper. It ended up like a letter when he finished. The words are  genuine and beautifully written from the bottom of his heart.

Namjoon stretched his arms,satisfied with what he has done. He felt better,like all of his burden departed from his shoulders. He hope somehow Yoongi will know about how much he thought about him. He doesn’t believe in telepathy or things like that,but he hoped somehow these feelings could reach him,comfort him and make him feel loved in this world.

Though inside,Namjoon wished he can tell them directly,reassuring Yoongi everything will be alright. 

~

In the morning,Namjoon hurriedly took a bus to go to school. After he sat down,he took the letter he wrote last night from his bag. The letter wrapped neatly in an envelope. It’s not like he would give it to Yoongi,he just wanted to treasure it. He read them again,carefully,every words and every sentence. He laughed under his breath. He has lived for 17 years,but Yoongi is the only one who can make him wrote something like this.

The bus arrived in front of school’s gate. Just when he was about to get up from his seat,the school bell rang and it made him startled. He quickly shoved the envelope into his bag and run towards his school. Luckily he made it on time when he arrived at his class. Hoseok waved to him,while showing his smile. Namjoon approached and sit beside him. Hoseok suddenly burst into laughter,”What’s with that appearance,Namjoon?”

“Hm? What’s wrong with my appearance?” Namjoon checked his uniform,his tie,his blazer,all neat and complete. Yet Hoseok was still laughing like a horse.

“You have an awful bedhair,do you know that?” Hoseok handed him his comb. Namjoon received it,laughing goofily. “Did you really that rushed this morning?”

“Yeah.. I couldn’t sleep well last night...” he yawned. Last night,he couldn’t sleep at all after he wrote the letter so he ended up playing games until morning. The teacher this morning will be late probably,so Namjoon placed his bag on his table to use it as a pillow. Before he laid his head on it,he checked its content,making sure he doesn’t forget anything today. But suddenly his hands stopped.

His letter wasn’t there.

 

~

A student skipped lightly at the corridor making squeak sounds while humming a song,was Min Yoongi. He just visited his biology teacher to handed him his homework. His skipping stopped when he felt he was going to step on something. He picked up the thing,it was an envelope. The envelope was really unique,it has brownish color making it looks antique. “Whose letter could it be?” he flipped over the envelope,to see if somebody’s name written on it. But he couldn’t find any name scratched on it. He frowned his eyebrows. Should I open it? He felt it’s inappropriate to take a peek at someone’s letter. What if the contents are kind of private like... a love letter? But if he just leave it somewhere,he is afraid the finder might not give it back to the owner,so he decided to peek a little. Just look for the sender or the recipient name wouldn’t hurt... he thought,taking out the letter inside.

He went silent when he read the first sentence of the letter

Min Yoongi

 

~

“So... you couldn’t sleep last night because you wrote a... letter... for Yoongi hyung?” Hoseok confirmed what he just heard from Namjoon with an unreadable expression. He looked at him like he was some kind of creepy guy. Namjoon sighed,”I swear Hoseok,it’s  not a love letter with cheesy corny lines so stop staring at me with those eyes,”

Hoseok laughed,”No,it’s just rare to see you like that. I mean,I know you like him and have been watching your behavior towards him,you always looked... normal,but I’ve never seen you so attached to him like now,”

“Is that so?” Namjoon pursed his lips,he was frustated. Then he randomly slapped Hoseok’s shoulder. Very hardly.

“OW! What was that for?”

“What should I do now? The letter is not here!” he shaked Hoseok’s body,making the boy rolled his eyes,”Where wa s the last time you put it,Kim Namjoon?”

“I brought it with me this morning! I’m sure I  shoved it into my bag...” Namjoon’s voice went low and lower,making an unsure expression.

“Guess you didn’t shoved it properly?”

“Probably...”

“Did you wrote your name in the letter?”

“No... I only wrote Yoongi hyung’s name there...”

“Good...” Hoseok clicked his tongue,”Or might be bad,”

“Why?”

“It’s good because no one will know you’re the owner of that letter if someone finds it. People might misunderstand and make some fuss about you and Yoongi hyung. It’s bad because you only wrote his name there,what if someone assume the letter belongs to Yoongi hyung and give it to him? Or worse,what if Yoongi hyung finds it?”

Namjoon just remained silent listening to Hoseok,doesn’t know what to do anymore. He wants to search for it,but it’s impossible because he will face math test in five minutes. He growled and messed up his hair.

I hope Yoongi hyung is not the one who finds it....