Chapter 1

Don't Go

“Uh... hello. My name is Min Yoongi,from class 3-B. I hope you’ll enjoy your time in our choir club. Nice to meet you,” he smiled. The girls quietly whispering to each other,some were squealing because he has a very sweet smile. His eyes will shaped like a crescent. The club president chuckled,”Our friend here,likes to composing. Some songs in our album are composed by him. He sometimes helped our conductor to re-arranged a song too,”

Yoongi slapped his shoulder lightly,embarrassed. “Oh,and you can call him Suga,”

A girl raised his hand and asked,”Why do you call him Suga?”

“Because,as you can see,he has a sweet smile like sugar,so we nicknamed him Suga,”

 

.

 

.

 

“Sweet as sugar...”

“What did you say,Namjoon?”

Namjoon came back to reality after reminiscing his freshman days. Hoseok,his seatmate,giggled with amusement, “What’s wrong with you? You’ve been spacing out,”

“Ah,nothing. I just thinking about the choir club,that’s all,”

“Aah,” Hoseok nodded his head. “The 3rd years will graduate soon,huh...”. Namjoon nodded along with him and sighed,”Time flies really fast...”

“It feels just yesterday we became a member of choir club. So sad... it’d feel really empty if they graduate. I really like them all. Especially Yoongi hyung. He’s amazing,really,”

Namjoon’s face dropped at the mention of Yoongi. He hated it if he heard he will graduate in no time.

But it’s the reality.

Plain. Simple. Painful.

Namjoon had a crush on Yoongi since they first met. Since Yoongi smiled with his sweet sugary smile. They first met at the school entrance,when school clubs advertising their club. At that time,Yoongi approached him and gave him a genuine smile while handing him the club’s brochure,”Make sure to come to the auditorium at 13.15 okay?” Namjoon received it and nodded. He looked at Yoongi’s back and then at the brochure. Well,why not... it would kill some time. I’m bored anyway. So when it was exactly 13.15 he arrived at the auditorium and watched choir club’s performance.

It was so stunning.

So beautiful.

It was like listening to flowing water in the river. Smooth,soothing, and calming.

And there was a solo part in the song. When he looked for who is the owner of this beautiful voice,he awed. It was the senior who gave him the brochure. Namjoon’s heart beats faster than before. I want to be a great singer like him. He made up his mind to join the choir club.

 

Yoongi is the reason why he is here,in the choir club. Besides he has choral background. He looked up to him and respected him so much. That respectful feelings soon changed into affectionate feelings,he didn’t know why. Everytime Namjoon sees Yoongi,he had an urge to pull him into his embrace. Eventhough he’s a third year,foul mouthed and a direct person,he still finds him adorable.

But their relationship isn’t more different than any other people,just like common senior to his junior. He couldn’t get more closer to him,since it was awkward. They didn’t really have any chance to talk to each other,except when they had club activities. And now,the third years are busy preparing for their national exam soon.

Namjoon missed him so much.

So much his heart hurts.

He just want to talk to him,see his smile or listen to his voice,it would totally make his day.

He felt hopeless.

The last time they talked was last month,when they joined a music theory exam. Namjoon was so happy because he could see him outside the club activities. It was a new sight to see Yoongi in casual outfits besides school uniforms. He looked very nice and adorable. Namjoon mostly watched him from afar,but it could send Namjoon to 7th sky. He could talk to him. He could see his smile. He could hear his laugh. He remembered it all,when Yoongi met his childhood friend there and he looked very happy he smiled all day.

Especially when the seniors gathered and reviewing together on the last minutes,they shared about what questions that might appear on the exam. While they studying together,Namjoon with his friend was reading music theory book not far from them. Yoongi approached them and bowed a little to met Namjoon’s eyes,”Don’t you want to study with us?” he asked with his crescent eyes. Namjoon stammered,”E-eh?”

“Come here,study together with us,” he made a gesture to follow him.

“Is it okay,hyung?” he asked nervously. Yoongi laughed at his question,”Of course it’s okay,Namjoon ah! Why would I forbid you?”

Namjoon’s heart skipped a beat.

He called him ‘Namjoon ah’ while laughing. His laughter was like music to his ears. His smile was beautiful,just like an angel. His face radiated with happiness. And with those lips,he mentioned his name. He swear Yoongi looked very beautiful at that time.

He can felt his face and ears getting warmer and warmer.

 

.

 

 

.

 

That’s it. Well,after the exam they talked again,but it was just a small chitchat about ‘did you do well?’ then they never talked again. It was memorable for him though. He felt lucky enough by just talking like that.

“What’s with the commotion?” Hoseok suddenly stood from his chair and walked towards the window,questioning why his classmates gathered there. After he saw what was there,Hoseok instantly called Namjoon who was still staring at the empty space. Namjoon snapped back to reality and approached him.

Namjoon could see them through the window. All the 3rd years,with smile plastered on their faces,gathered on the field,made a large circle while holding hands. They kept their head down,praying for their success. Praying for their future. With face filled with hope,those lips kept whispering their prayer,wishing it would reach the sky.

Looked at that scene,Namjoon’s eyes started to teared up. Hoseok who was standing beside him,noticed that and patted his shoulder,”Let’s wish the best for them too,okay?”

“...yeah,” Namjoon smiled weakly. Deep in his heart,he was having a small fight with himself. I want him to graduate with good grades. I want him to catch his dreams. I want him to be successful. I want him to be happy. But,I...

I don’t want to be apart from him.

Namjoon tried his best to prevent his tears from falling and control his breathing. It was suffocating,it’s painful to breath. Why it hurts me so much? He asked himself while caressed his aching chest.

 
***
 
Ahahah,another random story duh. With Namjoon and Yoongi this tiimeee~~ I ship them so hard they look so cute together ><
Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes...
Thank you for reading. I welcome your feedback :)