Coffee Break

Home...

The street was filled with rushing people, all bumping into each other in a hurry. Luhan was just sitting in a small cafe, enjoying the view of the bustling city and soaking in the familiarity it gave him. It has been too long, he thought to himself as he took a sip of his latte.

After his walk near the basketball court, he thought it was a good idea to rest for a while before continuing his walk down memory lane. He still had a lot to go before his final plan commences, more memories to turn over after so long.

After downing the last of his drink, he paid at the cashier and started his way out, passing two new customers just entering. The door closed and one of the two new arrivals paused in his step. Abruptly, he ran for the door and scanned the premise, eyes searching widely for something in particular.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?”

The older just shook his head, his entire posture dropped. “Nothing, I thought I saw something.” With a last scan, he joined his companion back into the warmth of the cafe, missing the pair of eyes staring sadly at him from the crowd.

"I'm sorry," he whispered before melting into the crowd.

*~*~*~*~*

“Luhan hyung, I’m bored!”

Luhan turned around in his seat to face his dongsaengs with an amused smile. He was in the studio with the vocal lines, preparing for their comeback in a few weeks time. Well, they were until a few minutes ago.

Baekhyun was already on the floor, inhuman sound leaving his small mouth, DO was fiddling with his phone and ignoring the boy, Suho was lying almost lifelessly on the couch, too tired to order them to get back to practising while Chen was staring at the mirror, his eyes drooping slightly.

Luhan couldn’t help but let out a chuckle escape his lips seeing the state of s right now. He knew they were all tired with their tight schedule. He glanced at the clock hung on the wall and stood up, stretching. All eyes were on him as he made his way to the door, pausing at the door.

“Well?” he inquired to the confused boys. “Xiumin still have another half an hour before his barista class ends. If we’re fast enough, we might be able to catch him for some free coffee.” It didn’t take long before all five of them rushed out of the studio and on their way to the coffee shop across the street.

As soon as they entered, they were greeted by the warm aroma of freshly-made coffee and pastries.

“Luhan? Suho?” All head turned to the man behind the counter, his eyes furrowed at them. “What are you guys doing here?”

The vocal lines shared a glance before DO stepped forward.

“Xiumin hyung?”

“Yeah?”

You know we really adore you, right?”

Xiumin’s eyes narrowed into slits when everything clicked in his mind. His eyes soon found his deer friend and, if it was possible, his eyes narrowed even more.

“I told you not to tell them.” Luhan at least had the decency to look away sheepishly. With a sigh, Xiumin motioned them to take a seat in front of him and they spent the rest of the time there, enjoying the hot beverage.

“Thank you, hyung!”Baekhyun chirped happily, a 180 degree turn from the mood he was in a few minutes ago.

A smirk crept onto the older’s face, a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Oh, don’t thank me, thank Luhan because he’s going to be paying.” A groan left the said boy’s mouth but he didn’t mind. He was just happy to see his little brothers smiling again.

“Fine, the treats are on me.” 

----------

I wonder who those two were...... Anyway, hope you enjoy this story and tell me if you guys want another run ins with the other members as well. Until the next update.

~BookWorm61 :)