Basketball Game

Home...

Home. According to the dictionary, a home is a place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or a household but to Luhan it was much more than just that. So much more.

*~*~*~*~*

“Look out!”

Something hard hit his back, effectively breaking him out of his conflictive daze. He looked up just in time to see a boy in a hurry running towards him, his face a mixture of both horror and surprise.

“I’m sorry, sir. I didn’t mean to hit you,” he apologized frantically, eyes avoiding his gaze. He kept glancing back to his friends, who by now had already gathered in the corner of the court and staring at the both of them. He picked up the orange ball and slowly dribbled it before passing it to the surprised boy.

“Don’t focus on the force, find the right angle and you’re all good.” He gave the boy a small smile before walking away. As he walked pass the archway, he noticed the boy trying to score a point. As if heeding his advice, instead of putting all his force on the ball, he searched for the right angle. The ball went flying straight into the net. The satisfied smile on the boy’s face made him smile too. Shaking his head, he resumed walking and left his mind to wander again.

*~*~*~*~*

He dribbled the ball closer to the semicircle, trying to find a place to shoot as the other team tried their best to block him. He saw his chance when one of them surge forward in an attempt to steal the ball. Instead, he side-stepped him and let the ball fly out of his hand. A definite cheer broke out as the ball went into the net, earning yet another point for his team.

“Luhan, that was awesome!” Xiumin exclaimed, bounding to the doe-eyed boy with his arm out for a hug. The younger just chuckled as he was crushed into a hug.”How come you could be this good?”

“Yeah, Luhan. How come you never told us you were this good?” Baekhyun asked in between his heavy panting. The others soon joined in and congratulated on his team’s win. Luhan could only shrug in response. "Were you a basketball god before you incarnated?"

A hearty laugh left his mouth. "No, Baekhyun. I guess I just have the passion and practise."

"Aww... Isn't there another way for me to suddenly be a pro in this game?" Baekhyun pouted, dribbling the ball in front of him.

Chen came up from behind Baekhyun and quickly stole the ball away, crackling at the frozen boy. "Try making sure the ball doesn't get stolen might be the first step."

Everyone held their laughter when a red-faced Baekhyun went running after the troll. "KIM JONGDAE!"

It was never a dull moment with them and Luhan was happy to have met them. Letting out an amused laugh, he pitched into the game and stole the ball away from Chen, unofficially resuming the game. They spent the rest of the evening with each other, laughter ringing in the evening air.

----------

So, it's a bit short but hopefully the next few chapters would be a bit more longer. This is just going to be a short story, nothing too long hopefully, to get me warmed up. Anyway, hope you guys like this and I'll try posting a new one today. Fingers cross.

~BookWorm61 :)