The Rock

Home...

He took a seat at the relatively empty bus stop, a few schoolgirls and aunts the only ones around. He pulled his cap lower as he sent fleeting glance at the group of teenagers a few feet from him. After the accident back at the cafe, he was merely being cautious. It wasn’t time yet, he made himself believe.

“I heard they are still having some trouble after the disaster last year.”

“Again? Can’t they have a break or something?”

“I’m just surprised they haven’t called quit.”

Luhan’s ears perked up at the conversation, knowing exactly who they were talking about. He squirmed in his seat, itching to hear what the group of girls had to say without being too obvious. Instead, he leaned back against the wall behind him, feigning sleeping.

“I still hate them for doing this to my babies,” one girl pouted as she huffed out a thin cloud of air into the cold air. “They were so happy together before, what changed?”

Luhan’s eyes glazed over as he mulled over her words. What did changed?

“Oh how I wished I was a fan before they left, then maybe I could’ve got the chance to know more about them,” the second girl sighed, sending a stab to his heart. “Do you think they will ever come back together again?”

Another girl shrugged her shoulders. “Who knows? Even if they did, I doubt their company would be too happy about it.” Nope, he’ll just get chewed by the ear.

Soon the bus appeared and the girls stood to leave but he stayed put. He felt a bit disconnected after hearing the conversation. He felt even worse than before. He knew the feeling of getting left behind but he did the same thing to his fans and especially to his brothers. Brothers....

*~*~*~*~*

Everyone was quiet as they entered their hotel rooms. After they finished their filming of Happy Camp, everyone seemed exhausted, both physically and mentally. Luhan laid still on his bed as he thought back to the show. The last video shown about their true feeling was more than just heartbreaking. It showed their raw emotion towards each other, towards the group.

He stood up from his bed and quietly sneaked out of the room, careful not to wake Chen up. He walked down the hallway until he stopped in front of the door. He knocked twice, not wanting to disturb them too much in case they were asleep. A few seconds later, the door opened to a tear-stricken Suho.

All day, Suho had been the one to calm everyone else, the one to lift their mood, even if it was just for a little bit. He made sure they were never late and kept them on their toes but at the same time, he was carrying a burden that seemed to multiply after the incident. He had to be the rock that supported s, their shoulder to cry on when things get difficult but they forgot that Suho was still a human being. He still had feelings and emotions. He was hurt just as much as all of them were.

Luhan held his arms out and it didn’t take long before a sobbing leader was locked in his embrace, slowly leading him back in the room where a worried Kyungsoo was staring at the two of them. Both of them spent the night calming him to sleep.

----------

Hey, guys! Sorry if my updating skill isn't that good but I'm trying. Anyway, hope you enjoy this story. A fun fact about this book is, it was originally a one shot I wrote for a writing competition. So with that information, this story will only have two more chapters until I marked my first book on aff as complete. It's kind of scary, don't you think? My only advice, prepeare some tissues. ;)

~BookWorm61 :)