Miss you so much, kiddo

You Don't Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is not edited so you may find grammatical errors, typos, or punctuation errors, it's still readable though. Hope you enjoy it! :)

 

As they finally pulled into the driveway the sun already set up, greeting people with its shine. Shin Hye opened her eyes when she felt the tap on her shoulder, stretching her stiff body while her eyes trying to adjust with the brightness. The handsome face of her stranger brother was the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes, making her jerk away in startle. Hae Jin chuckled at his sister startled expression.

Then Shin Hye recalled the yesterday events. This guy next to her was her brother, she shouldn’t be afraid of him. She had run away from her husband, a handsome man with wicked smile, Jung Yong Hwa. He lied to her all this time, making a fool of her. The things he said, it was all lie. She should hate him. 

“Are you ready to get out?” Hae Jin asked as he opened his door, rounded the car to open her door. 

Shin Hye felt nervous all of a sudden and seeing all of her family had gathering in the end of the drive made it even worse. She glanced up at Hae Jin nervously as he opened her door, gesturing her to get out with his head. “They’re waiting for you.”

Shin Hye eyes immediately darted to people she once acknowledge as family, but now she wasn’t even recognizing those faces, they were all stranger. She hoped she never had forgotten them. They looked like good people. “I didn’t have a chance to introduce them to you last night since you were not in a good state.” Hae Jin held her sister hand tightly as he led her out of the car, scared that she would disappear if he didn’t hold onto her tightly.

There were two women who kept glancing at her hesitantly, unsure whether they should approach her first or the other way around. They were both petite and had gorgeous faces. There was also a model like figure woman who stood behind them. Shin Hye remembered seeing them last night. There were a tall man with pale skin and a man in a suit stood side by side. Those men faces were new for her compared to the others.

When Hae Jin and she finally stopped before them, the shortest woman with kind smile stepped forward and pulled Shin Hye into her embrace. “I miss you,” she said between her sobs and for unknown reason Shin Hye felt guilty about her. She raised her hands and returned the woman hug.

“She’s Park Se Young. She’s two years older than you,” Hae Jin explained, smiling happily at the sight of his sister and his cousin hugging each other tightly. They were the closest back then and he believed sooner they would come back as they used before.

“And I am Park Min Young, four years older, used to treat you an ice cream and was your partner in crime.” The other woman said as she Shin Hye’s hair. “I miss you so much, kiddo.” Min Young let her tears fell as she kept on Shin Hye’s hair. She missed this girl and there was nothing more important than to have her back with them. She belonged here.     

“I’m not a kiddo,” Shin Hye still managed to talk despite her wide smile. She didn’t know why but being with them made her feel at home. She was happy yet she couldn’t help to hope Yong Hwa was here with her so she could introduce him to these amazing people. 

The moment was last for another minute. Hae Jin was the happiest and he didn’t bother to hide his happiness either. His sister was the only one he ever loved with all his heart. He would give her anything in this world that made her happy, he would sacrifice his life to keep her safe, and he would do everything to keep her away from a man named Jung Yong Hwa. He wouldn’t let that man took his sister away once again. Never.

After Se Young broke the hug, Hae Jin introduced his sister to Kang Sora. He said Sora was his fiancée and jokingly asked Shin Hye to treat her nicely because he didn’t want Sora to take her yes back for his proposal. The man in suit named Park Yoo-Chun, he was the same age as Min Young, and the tall guy with pale skin was introducing himself as Lee Jong Suk. His mother was a Park and he followed his father surname.

“You will meet the rest of the family on our annual meeting next week. Hal-abeoji will be very happy to meet you. He was crying when you went missing 2 years ago.” Hae Jin said as he took Shin Hye’s hand in his big one once again, leading her to the house which loomed before them. The wall was soft blue and the house itself looked like soft and welcoming. As they reached the front porch a boy burst out of the door, running towards Shin Hye. 

“Noona!” He called out, pulling the older woman into his embrace. Shin Hye was startled with his action but the urge to hug him back was greater. She hugged him, his back like a sister would do to her brother. “I’m sorry. It was my fault. Don’t be mad at Hyeong and run away again.” His voice was muffled by her shoulder but she still managed to make out his words.

She wrinkled, “Why would I be angry at him?”

The boy pulled away a little to see her in the eyes, “Hyeong has told me everything. It wasn’t his fault, at that time he wanted to save me just like you. He—“

“Park Hyun Sik.” Hae Jin cut off, glaring at the younger boy. “She doesn’t remember anything about us or her past. This isn’t the right time. She needs to cope with the changes first.” 

Hyun Sik looked back and forth from Shin Hye to Hae Jin. “What that’s supposed to be means?” 

Min Young squeezed Hyun Sik shoulder, giving him a sympathetic smile. “She doesn’t remember us. I don’t know what exactly happened to her when she was gone but she didn’t remember our existence before last night. She has amnesia.”     

 Then, Hyun Sik burst into tears, hugging his sister tighter. “Did you hate us that much that you forget us?” He was her baby brother, how could she forget him? He was her priority, her number one, her one and only younger brother, why would she forget him? Was it his fault that she forgets? Was it because his recklessness that night? His siblings tried to bail him out of jail but they ended up fight each other. Did she hate him for everything that happened to them and tried to forget everything?

As if she could read his mind, Shin Hye pulled away and cupped his brother’s face in her hands. “Look. This is not anyone’s fault. I met an accident and woke up without any memories. I don’t hate you and I know for sure I didn’t hate you. I’m sorry that I’ve forgotten you but I promise,” she crossed her heart, “I will never forget you again.”

She brought his back into her embrace, “You’re my little brother, aren’t you? I don’t have to be a genius to figure it out.”

And she didn’t lie. From the moment he hugged her, she knew straightaway that this boy was her brother. Her heart kept telling her to love and protect this boy with all her might and she would. Because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter