2 years and 10 days

You Don't Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I present you the third chapter. Hope you enjoy it (:

 

 

* * *  

738 days before she left him. 2 years and 10 days before the day Yong Hwa broke down in front of Min Hyuk over the phone. Also known as the day the first time they met or according to Yong Hwa the day he found her.

 

She was out of breath. Running down the emergency stairs wasn’t an activity Shin Hye wanted to do at 10 at the night. But if she didn’t then the other choice was sleep behind bars. She’d rather sleep in the street than getting herself trapped in that place.

“They get Hyun Sik,” the deep voice heard from her earbuds. She abruptly stopped in her track, the ground beneath her suddenly felt like crumpled down. It couldn’t be right, could it be? “He’s getting caught by the police,” the voice once again brought Shin Hye’s world fall apart.

She her heel, ready to sprint to where her baby brother was but the voice stopped her, “Keep on running.” He commanded like Hyun Sik was safe with them not pinned down the floor by the police with hands behind his back (she imagined him in that situation the moment she heard the words ‘caught’ and ‘police’). 

“Oppa, can you hear yourself? My baby brother is getting caught and you tell me to leave him alone!” her body was shaking as her hands curled into fits. 

“Park Shin Hye, listen to me, if you really love him you’ll keep on running and find a way to get him free. Not getting yourself caught and makes him blame himself for it when both of you wailing on the jail’s floor.” His voice was extremely low. Shin Hye knew better then to mess with a pissed off Park Hae Jin.

She sighed in defeat, there was no use argued him. She could never win over him. She ran down the stairs along with tears running down her cheeks. “I hate you,” she whispered, but loud enough to be heard by Hae Jin.

Wiping away her tears, she opened the door that adjoined the emergency stairs to the first floor and walked out casually despite the fact that she just ran down the stairs from the eleventh floor. She flipped her hair and smile to people she passed by. When she reached the lobby people were made a circle around the police cars. She got nervous.

 She walked past the throng of people outside the lobby to nowhere. She had no idea where she headed to. She just knew she should walk away from that building as far as she could. The sirens could be heard from where she was walking, speeding up her step as the fear coming. 

She constantly glanced over her shoulder, watching if the police had find out they just passed by one of the robbers and started to look for her. She had her own reasons why she became one but not make what she did became right.

Glancing over her shoulder once again she didn’t see a rock in front of her. She tripped over and fell down the hill right next to the sidewalk. A tree stopped her from rolling down any further. She groaned as she tried to move her hands and legs. She could feel her right side quivered in pain. She tried to scream but didn’t have much energy left to do so. Maybe she should just wait until someone eventually found her.   

* * * 

 

Boy’s night was Yong Hwa’s favorite activity. He could be away from works, reality, and especially his messed up family. Tonight like the other boy’s night they spent night time in one of the privatest bar in Gangnam area. 

Beers, girls, and music were the perfect company tonight. Jung Shin and surprisingly Min Hyuk were doing some crazy and weird dance on the dance floor. They were clearly drunk. On the other hand Jong Hyun sat in the corner, flirting with a short haired girl who wore a barely there skirt and a tight top. Yong Hwa was too occupied with beers in both hands. They sure enjoyed this night a lot.

Jung Shin and Min Hyuk who apparently tired from all the weird movement plopped down each side Yong Hwa onto the couch. They let out a loud sigh without erasing smirks on their face. Jong Hyun who also tired from a very different reason slumped down onto the couch beside Min Hyuk. For a brief moment Yong Hwa’s eyes and Jong Hyun’s met and smirks instantly formed on their lips.

They looked at the maknae who had a frown on his forehead, “Hey, cutie!” Yong Hwa and Jong Hyun said in unison then they and Min Hyuk burst into laugh. Jung Shin showed his annoyed face as his hyeongs mimicked the girl earlier. It annoyed him to the point he wanted to break their beautiful white teeth.

“Hi cutie, do you bring a date tonight? I can accompany you if you don’t.” Yong Hwa mimicked that damn girl again plus her gesture and blew a kiss towards Jung Shin. Jong Hyun squealed like a fangirl seeing her bias standing right in front of her. Jung Shin threw them a dirty look and turned around sulkily.

“It’s not even funny. It’s gross,” he murmured.

“I find it funny,” Min Hyuk said teasingly. His eyes were pressed in thin lines every time he laughed. The elders kept on teasing the maknae until he stood up and excused himself to the bathroom.

“Hyeong, I think we should go home now. We have a meeting with one important client tomorrow morning. We should be sober enough to do the meeting.” Min Hyuk stood up after smoothed his shirt. 

Jong Hyun just eyed Min Hyk lazily. He blinked at the sweetest man among them then blinked again and again and again and…”Hyeong stop it! I’m not one of those girls. My standard is quite high.” He rolled his eyes. Jong Hyun pouted at him and stood up like a zombie. 

Jong Hyun could be childish at times. He didn’t won’t to leave yet but they needed to prepare for tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Yong Hwa was lay flatly on the couch with mouth open like a dead fish. He got wasted after drank uncounted bottles of beer. “Now what should we do with him?” Min Hyuk eyed Jong Hyun who still had a pout on his lips. 

“Just leave him there,” Jung Shin voice chimed as he walked closer. He eyed the older man with a hatred look, pouting his lips like a five old and crossing his arms on his chest. Min Hyuk growled seeing how childish all his best friends were.

* * *

 

In the end, Min Hyuk managed to bring the three other men inside the car. The drive home was as noisy as earlier in the bar. Jung Shin kept on sulking every time Yong Hwa dropped his head on either his shoulder or his lap, Jong Hyun kept on sulking every time Jung Shin Sulking, and Yong Hwa wouldn’t stop let out a growl ever since he got into the car.

Suddenly Yong Hwa sat up and hit the head rest on Min Hyuk’s seat, telling him to stop the car. Min Hyuk pulled over and unlocked the doors. As soon as the door opened Yong Hwa rushed out and bent down on the sidewalk, letting out all contain in his stomach. 

“It’s what you get when you drank too much,” Jung Shin said sarcastically while Jong Hyun rolled his eyes seeing his childish behavior.

When Yong Hwa finished and started to get up suddenly his eyes caught something in the dark. He was sure he was sober enough to see a woman laid under the tree. He tapped Min Hyuk who was standing beside him on the leg.

“Do you see that? There’s a girl under that tree?” Yong Hwa started climbed down the short hill carefully.

“Ya, hyeong! Where are you going? Are you trying to kill yourself?” Jung Shin shouted worriedly as he saw his hyeong climbed down the hill without any safety.  

The girl was laying 6ft away from where Yong Hwa stood. It wasn’t easy to reach her but eventually he did. She was lay unconscious on the ground. Yong Hwa squatted and picked up her hand, feeling her pulse beat normally though it beating slightly fast. He put his hand under her knees and the other one on her back, picking her up. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter