New Kind of Maybes

Definitely Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present day, Korea University of Arts.

 

Yoonji thought that starting a decent conversation with Oh Sehun doesn't seem that hard anymore. Sure she still gets pink over little things or sometimes she lost her train of thoughts as she watch him talking. But still it doesn't felt that hard as she used to think. Their relationship isn't drastically change after the latte thing, sometimes she still felt awkward around Sehun but she always smile at the thought of her precious vanilla latte, which she still kept the can since she managed to wash it and put it on her box of precious things.

 

The music team manages to finished their main score for the theatre, and all left to do for them is to made other scores to accompany the whole stage performance, and one main song which Kyungsoo and Baekhyun would sing. This makes all of them goes crazy on writing spree, trying to write lyrics that could connect the story wells. This is also what Yoonji has been trying to do for the past few weeks on her free time. She prefers to stay out of the auditorium while she was trying to write the lyrics because she knows that if she did stay on the auditorium, watching Sehun and Yoonhee on stage would just made her felt down and her lyrics will turn into a sad song. One try is enough and Jongin knows better to not let Yoonji stays in the auditorium while she's writing lyrics. So he let her be and spends more time outside the auditorium while they stay working on other scores for the stage. Usually Chanyeol would follows Yoonji and help her write some lyrics, and Yoonji admits that it helps a lot. Chanyeol would play the notes on his guitar while she would try to match the lyrics to the song.

 

Yoonji's disappearance from the auditorium of course gets more attention from Sehun, he cares more about why Yoonji wasn't there rather than really practicing his lines with Yoonhee. One thing for sure, Sehun thought. Yoonhee might be pretty-even though she's not the prettiest girl for him, and she might be good in acting, but her attitude . She complains about this and that, about the smallest matters, she even complains that it was too noisy in the auditorium because the music team was there trying their scores, and the design team already started to make the properties needed. Today she throws tantrum about how the other casts weren't paying enough attention to their lines.

 

Sehun groans, as he heard Yoonhee saying things to the other drama teams. He closes his script roughly, gaining the attention from Yoonhee and the other drama team.

 

"Could you just please stop commenting over little things?!" He almost shouts, trying his best to control his emotions.

 

Yoonhee looks at him in disbelief, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

 

Sehun scoffed, "You complain about everything. You're complaining because the music team is too noisy, the design team is distracting, and all other things that happened."

 

Yoonhee throws her script angrily, “ this play. I’m not doing it. You guys can go to hell.” She says and walks away from the stage muttering some more profanities.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes as he shouts, “Thank you! Bye!”

 

The entire team sighs, not knowing what to do now that they need to find a new lead. They were already practicing for few weeks now, and it would be hard to find another student to play the lead. Yoonhee is annoying, but she’s pretty good in acting. The drama team leader, Minseok walks to Sehun and pats his shoulder.

 

“Why did you do that, kiddo?” He asks

 

Sehun sigh as he ruffles his own hair, “That girl is getting on my nerves, hyung. I’m sorry. But I can’t take it anymore. She’s getting crazier by each day.”

 

Minseok sigh but smiles soon after that, “No. Thank you, Sehun ah. I would threw her from the fifth floor too soon if you didn’t do it. And I know the rest of the team would agree with me. Maybe that includes the design team and the music team who received her wrath almost every day.”

 

Jongin is the first raising his hand and says loudly, “I second that, hyung! I’ve already thinking thousand ways to blackmailed or voodoo-ing her for the last few days.”

 

Sehun laugh at his friend’s remarks, it was just Jongin to say that loudly, and proudly. The whole team laughs and chuckled at that, and some more people muttering agreements.

 

Minseok clapped his hands, “Alright. Now all we have to think is how to find a new girl as the lead, and I don’t want another witch like Yoonhee to be the lead. So, if anyone has an idea who might be well-suited to play the role, speak up please.”

 

“Hyung! Here! I have the perfect candidate.” Jongin says loudly gaining attention from the whole team.

 

Jongin grins as he nudges Yoonji who just arrives back in the auditorium, “Yoonji could do that for you, right? Isn’t she just the perfect candidate?” He says again, high-fiving Kyungsoo who stands next to him.

 

Yoonji who just got right back from outside with Chanyeol in tow only stares at them blankly. Not understanding whatever it is that her friend has been talking about.

 

*****

 

Yoonji is very much excited as she walks happily with Chanyeol now that they finished the song. Chanyeol opens the door to the auditorium where the rest of the team was. The silence that engulfing them clearly showing that something is definitely wrong.

 

“Yoon, I think there’s something wrong. Look at them.” Chanyeol whispers as they walk through rows of seats.

 

“Yeah. I think so too. Let’s quickly walk to the piano and asks the others.” Yoonji whispers back and they quickly walk to the piano.

 

She saw Jongin turns and look at him before he grins, eyes twinkling, and Yoonji knows that Jongin is up to no good. She was just about to stop Jongin from saying anything when he beats her to it.

 

“Hyung! Here! I have the perfect candidate.” He says loudly, now gaining the attention of the whole team.

 

It was then that she realizes Sehun is alone in the stage, with no Yoonhee insight.

 

She felt Jongin nudging her and she turns to look back at her best-friend, only to hear him says, “Yoonji could do that for you, right? Isn’t she just the perfect candidate?”

 

She looks at the others blankly, try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter