Definitely

Definitely Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was summer and she was still on her first year of high school that she notices Oh Sehun for the first time. She sits on one of the bleachers under the big old tree, a book on her lap. As per usual, she’s waiting for her two best-friends finishing their club activities. She’s somewhat contemplating whether she should wait in the library instead since Kyungsoo would be there, rather than stuck here waiting for Jongin finish his soccer club training. But then she saw him. Oh Sehun is one of those boys that will make you remember high-school and smiles over the memories. He’s that tall, handsome, and polite boy that steal all the heart of the high-school girls population, well maybe you need to add the junior high students too, and some of the teachers too. Oh Sehun is really the picture of the perfect prince charming, and the fact that he’s also smart and talented adds even more points for him. While the boys were supposed to envy him or something, they just simply couldn’t. Because he’s ‘cool and awesome’ as she quotes Jongin’s words. Well, maybe he would be a bit bias since aside from her, both Kyungsoo and Jongin befriend Sehun like he’s their long-lost brother.

Yoonji watch in silence as she saw them playing soccer, and somehow she could only concentrate on watching Sehun. She thinks he looks perfectly handsome in his sport uniform, drench in sweats, laughing happily as he tries to keep Jongin out of his way. It was then, when Sehun suddenly looks up and his eyes met hers that she realizes. Her heart beats faster, she felt like even breathing seems so hard. And then Sehun smiles to her, and she realizes that she likes him a lot.

*****

Yoonji randomly kicks some pebbles in their school yard, as she again waits for her best-friends. Sometimes she wonders why they always insist on going home together, but since both Jongin and Kyungsoo waits for her too when she’s having her club activities, she decides that she will waits for them too. Few minutes later she heard the boys chattering loudly and she quickly looks up as she saw Jongin walks out of the hallway, with his soccer-team fully intact, which means that includes Oh Sehun. She smiles nevertheless, waving at Jongin’s friend.

“Hey, pretty Yoonji. Still waiting for Jongin as usual, I see!” Chanyeol says as he quickly walks over to Yooni and slungs his arm over her shoulder, while Jongin chuckled.

Yoonji smiles at him, “Of course I am, Oppa. He pays for me every time I wait for him. So, why not?”

Jongin grins at her before he quickly mess her hair, “So that’s how you saw our friendship!” He protests still messing with Yoonji’s hair who seems like she didn’t really care, until she suddenly straights up and slaps Jongin’s arm, noticing that someone was staring at them.

“Jongin, you don’t mess with a girl’s hair.” Kyungsoo comments as he walks to his best-friends, while greetings the others.

“But she’s not considered a girl, Kyung.” Jongin answers, but stop nevertheless and Yoonji quickly kicks his leg.

Kyungsoo grins, “Good job, Yoon.” He says as he bump his fist with Yoonji.

Jongin snarls, “Alright alright. I lost. Happy now?”

Both Kyungsoo and Yoonji laughs but then nods at him.

“Come on, let’s go home. Bye guys!” Jongin says as he drags along Yoonji with him, and Kyungsoo walking closely on the other side.

Chanyeol chuckled as he saw the three best-friends walk away, he slungs his arms around Baekhyun who mutters, “I bet Yoonji will ended up with one of them.”

“My vote for Jongin though.” Chanyeol says as he points out to Jongin who were already walks out of the school’s gate, with his arms around Yoonji’s shoulder.

Baekhyun smiles, “Aigoo. Should I vote for Kyungsoo instead? Or should I vote for Jongin too? What do you think Sehun?” He asks and turns his head to Sehun.

Sehun looks at the three best-friends who were now walking even further from the school, “I don’t know, hyung.” He mutters before he walks away.

Chanyeol made a face, “What’s wrong with that kid? He’s fine up till now. Why is he suddenly looks like he just went through a very bad day?”

Baekhyun shrugs, “I don’t know. Come on, Yeol. Let’s have some tteokboki.”

*****

If Jongin could remember it right, he met Yoonji for the first time when he was 6. Her family was just moved in to the house right beside his. As for Kyungsoo, he’s already stuck with him ever since he could remember. They practically grew up together, which is not a weird thing since both their parents were best friends to begin with. Ever since they befriended Yoonji, they’re inseparable. When there’s Yoonji, you’ll find both Jongin and Kyungsoo too, and that happens the other way around too. Yoonji’s house were the perfect place for them to house crash, since its right in the middle. Yoonji once said that how could she not stuck with them when she go out from her house and turns to the right, it’s Kyungsoo’s house, and when she turns left it’s Jongin’s.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter