Maybe

Definitely Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul High, few years ago.

To say that Sehun hates first day of school is an understatement. He loathes first day of school. He hates having to introduce himself in class, he hates being the center of attention. Even more today because it’s literally his first day at the prestigious Seoul High, well he should blame himself for that, since it was his own idea to try and enroll here but it seemed like it was such a good idea few months ago. He walks right through the gate, his navy back-pack on his shoulder as he looks around him enjoying the sight of the school’s wide football field. This is one of many reasons why he decides to enroll here. The school has more than just enough facilities. He walks through the crowding students at the hallway, didn’t really paying attention on how other students around him stares at him or how they whispers to each other when he walks passed them. He finds his class pretty quickly, and finds an empty seat at the back pretty quickly too. He drags the empty seat by the window and quickly put his backpack in the table, before he seats in his seat. It was in that moment he first saw her. She walks quickly through the class, backpack still on her shoulder as she struts to a seat few rows before him that was already occupied. He watched her as she slaps the innocent boy’s arm.

“Kim Jongin! How dare you!” She says still slapping, or to be exact abusing the boy’s arms.

“Aww! Aww! Yoonji! That hurts! I’m sorry!” The boy called Jongin pleas but to no avail.

“You’re saying sorry?! You almost made me and Kyungsoo late for school!” the girl-Yoonji answers giving Jongin’s arms one last hard slap to which Sehun’s brows furrowed.

“I’m sorry, Yoon! Really, I didn’t mean to. I mean.. Hmm.. Chanyeol hyung wants me to come earlier today, and he just notifies me last night, and it really slips my mind to tell you.” Jongin explains as he rubs his abused arm.

Yoonji scoffs, “If it’s not because Baek called Kyungsoo, we wouldn’t know, Kim Jongin.”

Jongin grins, “I’m sooooowwwrryyy, Yoon. Okay? My treat today? Whatever you want? Hmm?”

“Are you going to forgive him that easily, Yoon?” The boy next to her, who Sehun just realizes was there all the time, says non-chalantly.

“Awww… Come on, Kyung! Forgive me.. I’m sooowwwrrryyyy..” Jongin pleads to the boy.

“My name is Kyungsoo, you idiot. Who gave you the right to shorten my name like that?”

“I have the right to shorten your name because we’ve stuck together since we were babies?”

Now it was Kyungsoo who slaps his other arm, “Aww! Kyungsoo! That hurts! Since when you guys were being this abusive?!” Jongin protests.

Yoonji chuckled, “Oh since someone loves to slaps us a lot when he laughs. Maybe you know the guy, Jong?”

Jongin grins in a second, “Okay okay. Guilty. Now, my treats for two days? Both of you?”

Both Yoonji and Kyungsoo chuckled, “Make it a week. Deal?”

Jongin sigh, “Fine. Deal. A week. But please no more than bubble tea.”

“No way. Bubble tea and ddukboki.” Kyungsoo answers and Jongin sigh again before he raise both his hands up, “Fine. Gosh. I have two petty boys for best-friends.”

Yoonji hissed at the words, ready to slaps him again but stops as Jongin quickly grins, “Seriously, Jong?”

She chuckled nevertheless, hands back on the strap of her back-pack, “Whatever guys. I’m out of here. Not my homeroom class.” She says waving at the two boys, ready to walk away from Jongin and now also Kyungsoo’s seat.

It was then when he first met eyes with her. She just turns away from her friends’ seat when her eyes met him. She stops for a second before she quickly walks away from the back door. His eyes however still lingering on as he thinks of how he wanted her in his class.

*****

Sehun finds his first day on school not that bad at all. He sits along with both Jongin and Kyungsoo on lunch, the two boys he finds really friendly even to someone as quiet as him. It was a lie if he says that he didn’t hoped that Yoonji would sit together with them on lunch.

“So.. Sehun-ah, how’s your first day so far?” Jongin asks as they find empty seats and quickly sits there.

“It’s pretty interesting actually. I was thinking that it would be boring and things like that, but turns out it’s pretty good.”

Jongin nods in agreement as he munch his lunch. “You’re quiet popular for a new guy, you know?” Kyungsoo comments, smiling at him.

Sehun smiles back awkwardly, “Uh.. That’s.. I don’t know..”

Kyungsoo chuckled, “Don’t worry about it. The students here aren’t really prying on things like that. They gossips or whispers here and there but that’s it. You can shrugs it off easily.”

Sehun smiles, “Thank you. You seems pretty popular too.”

Kyungsoo looks up from his food, “Me? No, I’m not. It’s Jongin that’s pretty popular here. I hope you beats him though. His ego gets on my nerves these days.”

Jongin turns at his best-friend, “Kyungsoo, when did I not treat you right? And besides, both you and Yoonji are pretty popular too I must say. You don’t know how many boys on the football team tried to asks for Yoonji’s number.”

Kyungsoo chuckled, “You almost made me late for school today, Jongin. Did you forget that already? And who dares to ask for her number? Chanyeol hyung? Or Jongdae hyung? Both are pranksters.”

“Yoonji? Ah. The girl from this morning?” Sehun asks to his new friends.

Jongin chuckled, “Ah yes she is. Quite a temper right? Three of us has been friends since we were little. So.. Yeah.. You know..”

Sehun nods, but says nothing. Few seconds later he saw Yoonji walks into the cafeteria with two girls besides her while they talked animatedly. Jongin sighs as he saw his other best-friend arrives in the cafeteria.

“Sometimes she decides that it would be much better to stay away from both of us for a whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter