Stronger

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stronger

„Love is not the opposite of power. Love is power. Love is the strongest power there is."

by Vironika Tugaleva

 

 

Yonghwa had always been a man of actions. He was good with words, which was proven by many of his successful songs. However, he knew very well that words didn’t mean anything if they were just carelessly uttered.

 

 

When he found out that Shinhye had become the victim of some vicious stalker, he felt as if his stomach had suddenly turned into a huge ice cube. A flood of thoughts and self-reproaches shot through his head, almost making him feel dizzy for a moment. One glance towards Shinhye, who looked like a picture of misery right now, immediately made him get a grip on himself. This time he needed to be her rock, whatever the cost. He needed to be strong in order for them to become stronger.

 

 

The first thing he did was help Shinhye get to bed in order for her to get some rest. He held her hand and caressed the top of her head until she eventually fell asleep. Then he started to make all the calls needed to solve this mess.

 

 

He contacted both of their managers to fill them in on the situation. Someone was targeting Shinhye on his behalf. Therefore it made sense for both of their companies to handle this matter together. He ordered his manager to make FNC Entertainment monitor suspicious fans and online commenters. He also made Shinhye’s long-time manager get a list of everyone who could possible get access to the apartment. He directly called CEO Han to ask him to communicate with S.A.L.T. Entertainment’s CEO on how they should handle this case with regards to the police. While being on the phone, he stressed that the case needed to be reported, because Shinhye’s life was in danger. He just wanted to give them a bit of time to discuss how they would comment if the information was leaked to the public (something that unfortunately sometimes happened with the South Korean police).

 

 

He also told CEO Han to request extra protection for Shinhye. His CEO was not exactly thrilled with the demand though.

 

“Yah, who do you think you are to make me request something like that?! She’s their artist so they will have to decide how to take care of her. This does not concern us.” CEO Han tried to berate him but Yonghwa was not affected at all.

 

 

“If it becomes public knowledge that the nation’s little sister, Park Shinhye, was stalked and harassed due to one of my crazy fans and we did not even care to do anything to stop it, how well do you think this will reflect on us?”, Yonghwa coldly shot back.

 

 

“You know I am usually a hardworking and rather obedient employee. However, if you don’t help me fix this you can find someone else to write hit songs for your groups, because I’ll be busy taking care of the whole damn issue by myself. I won’t have the time to produce quality music.” He added, making CEO Han fall into deep silence.

 

 

“Alright, alright.” The older one finally said after a deep sigh. “I’ll make you regret talking to me like that if you cannot give me a music show win with your next comeback!” He half-seriously threatened.

 

 

“Got it.” Yonghwa simply said, before he hung up just to contact the next round of people.

 

 

He ended up alarming all of their close friends. He even called Shinhye’s family and told them everything, apologizing about a hundred times even though they told him it was not his fault.

 

 

Until the situation was resolved he figured it would be best to have someone keep Shinhye company at all times. He created a group chat with their close friends to sort out who could accompany Shinhye during their off-time. Of course she would have an increased amount of security with her but Yonghwa knew that it would also constantly remind her of the current situation. Being surrounded by her loved ones would help her take her mind of things.

 

 

The sun was almost rising when Yonghwa finished all the planning he could do right now. He was tired but a faint whimpering immediately made him jump onto his feet. He rushed to Shinhye’s room just to find her tossing around, her face anxious from a nightmare. As he sat down beside her his heart broke all over again. It was torture to see the person he loved being hurt like this.

 

 

“Shhh. It’s just a dream, Shinnie! I am right here beside you.” He tried to wake her up as he held onto her cold hand.

 

 

Shinhye woke up with a stifled scream, abruptly coming up into a sitting position. They ended up face to face to one another just when the first sunrays broke through the half-closed curtains of the room.

 

 

Yonghwa stared at Shinhye. Her beautiful chocolate brown eyes were opened widely from the shock of the nightmare. She was breathing heavily. Her dark hair framed her cheeks untidily.

 

 

His hand automatically moved to tuck a loose strand behind her ear. Then he covered the back of her head and gently pulled her towards himself, giving her a tight hug.

 

 

He had trouble speaking from all the guilt and sorrow he felt. Still, he eventually managed to say something after a few deep breaths.

 

 

“I know things have been very difficult for you and I had a huge part in that and I am so sorry that I cannot even de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter