Realization At First Light

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Realization At First Light

 

 

“There is nothing on earth more beautiful to me than your smile...no sound sweeter than your laughter...no pleasure greater than holding you in my arms. I realized today that I could never live without you, stubborn little hellion that you are. In this life and the next, you’re my only hope of happiness. Tell me, dearest love...how can you have reached so far inside my heart?”

 

Song for this chapter:

Comfort Song by Yonghwa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompRjDmWZ5w

Inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idXoSZ4QHuA

 

 

Yonghwa was standing in the kitchen of the CNBLUE dorm, preparing breakfast for his brothers and himself. It was an unexpected view as Jungshin and Minhyuk would agree. Their older band mates always tended to stay up until far past midnight to work on songs since they felt more inspired with the quietness of the night. If they didn’t have any schedule in the morning they liked to just sleep in.

Yonghwa sighted. Last night was different though. Despite being very tired from the busy filming schedule of “Heartstrings” and even getting an injection yesterday together with Shinhye, he couldn’t help but feel restless and somehow anxious. He had barely been able to sleep. Something was bothering him and he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

“Morning, Hyung.” Jungshin appeared behind him. The younger one was still in his Pyjamas and obviously a bit surprised to see his leader up at this hour. “I thought Minhyuk-ah and you only need to be at the set in a couple of hours. How come you’re up already? The sun just started rising…”

“Dunno…” Yonghwa mumbled. “I just didn’t sleep well. I guess it’s your lucky day. I’ll take care of breakfast.” He tried to joke off the uneasy feeling that had been bothering all this while.

Jungshin looked at him worriedly. “Did something happen at work?”

“No. I really enjoy shooting Heartstrings although I have to prepare a lot for the leading role. It’s great to be able to spend so much time with Shinhye-yah again. I only realised now how much I missed hanging out with her in person. It’s not the same over the phone.”

 “It must have been hard for you guys during the shooting of “We got married”, since you both depend on each other so much.” Jungshin uttered while observing his Hyung closely.

“Yeah, it was strange not having her around regularly anymore and we were both so busy. When we first met up for Heartstrings I actually got nervous about seeing her again.”

“You felt nervous because of Noona?” Jungshin asked, suddenly interested. It didn’t seem like his leader at all to get nervous easily - certainly not around a girl. Jung Yonghwa usually gave everyone this self-confident, dependable impression and Jungshin admired his Hyung for it.

“Well only at the very beginning. As soon as we saw each other I started feeling at ease. She somehow always makes me forget about all my worries. I guess that’s why I like having her around so much.” Yonghwa stated with a smile while handing Jungshin a cup of coffee.

“Shinhye Noona – Yonghwa Hyung’s happy pill. I reckon that’s what’s called a soul mate.” Jungshin answered playfully.

“Yah, Jungshin-ah. Stop making fun of me.” Yonghwa answered while pointing the fork he had used to turn the bacon at him.

“I’m actually not. I envy Noona and you. It’s true. She somehow always manages to light up your mood. You smile whenever you talk to her. I’d love to have a female friend like that. It’s rare. You seem to fit together perfectly.”

Yonghwa felt a little flustered with Jungshin’s assumption, since it sounded kind of… like they were in a different kind of relationship. He was right though. When it came to female friends there was no other girl for him. Even when he had the chance to get close to Seohyun on “We got married”, he ended up only comparing her to his best friend. He couldn’t really explain why. Whenever he was with Shinhye everything suddenly became less difficult for him. He knew it didn’t make sense. Still, that was how he felt.  

It often seemed strange to other people but they were able to tell each other’s thoughts with only one glance at each other. It was rare that someone could read him to this extend, but Shinhye made it look like he had no poker face at all. She always knew what to say to light up his mood.

On the counterpart he knew that she was extremely comfortable around him. Shinhye trusted him unconditionally. They would talk just about everything that happened in their life and they shared exactly the same humour. Park Shinhye was indeed his best friend and he was grateful for every hour they spend together. She was like a personal energizer to him, someone he could never do without.

Yonghwa turned off the hot plate and picked up his cup of coffee, attempting to walk over to Jungshin. He stopped at the sudden ringing of his phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter