Two

Be careful what you wish for

“Why can’t I go into your apartment? Did I do something wrong earlier? I’m sorry if I did.” Kyungsoo says sadly as he trails after Chanyeol.

 

“My mother and sister are there. I thought you didn’t want people to know you’re at my place dwarf.”

 

“Ohh…well if it’s your family I’m fine with it” Kyungsoo smiles, “I trust you. Your family is my family~”

 

Chanyeol stops in his tracks and Kyungsoo bumps into him from behind. Kyungsoo mumbles an owie when his nose collides with Chanyeol’s back. “We aren’t even that close, quit your yapping short person.” It did make Kyungsoo be quiet because he didn’t talk the whole time. Not even when they were in Chanyeol’s car. Chanyeol didn’t know if he made the smaller upset or not but he didn’t care either.

 

“Come on” Chanyeol says when he parks his car. Kyungsoo isn’t moving and just stares up at Chanyeol’s apartment.

 

“I’ll sit in the car then. Since you hate me so much.”

 

It was the first time Chanyeol has heard Kyungsoo’s sulky voice and Chanyeol didn’t like it one bit. If the happy voice was annoying, this voice drives Chanyeol off the wall. Chanyeol stares at Kyungsoo as the smaller stares at him back with big eyes, “fine. Stay in the car then.” Chanyeol rolls his eyes and shut the door. He grabs the groceries from the back of the car and brings it up to his apartment.

 

It wasn’t surprising to find out his mother and sister did not lock the door. They were already cooking inside and the smell roams throughout the apartment. “Wow smells delicious” Chanyeol compliments as he gives a hug to his mother and kisses her cheeks.

 

Yura rolls her eyes, “I helped.”

 

“Good job noona.” Chanyeol says sarcastically and Yura hits him on the head.

 

She was stirring up soup when Chanyeol was putting the groceries away. “Why did you buy so much groceries? You don’t even cook. You bought enough for like two people.”

 

“Oh well I…I will learn” Chanyeol makes up a lie on the spot. The comment from his sister does remind him that he left Kyungsoo alone in the car. Maybe he was being too mean, Kyungsoo only wanted to be closer to him and he was pretty harsh to the small thing.

 

“Quit your daydreaming and help mom cut the vegetables,” Yura snaps.

 

When Chanyeol was cutting up vegetables his mind wasn’t in the game. He was afraid if Kyungsoo left the car or something. What if he made Kyungsoo upset to the point that the boy left and didn’t want to stay with him anymore? Well that could be a good thing because he lifted a burden off his shoulder. But to think that Kyungsoo might be chased by crazy fans or have weird people in Los Angeles follow him made Chanyeol freak out.

 

“Exo is going to have a concert soon! I’m excited!” Yura says randomly. “I hope my baby Soo gets better by then. Poor little thing is sick.”

 

“What? He isn’t sick. He’s healthy”

 

Yura turns to Chanyeol with a weird look, “he isn’t healthy. He has been missing promotions and meetings, and what do you know about Exo anyways? You hate them.”

 

“I know he isn’t sick” Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he is. He has been acting and promoting, flying back and forth. He looks so exhausted in airport pictures and his eyes have lost a shine to it. I really want to put him to bed and just let him sleep for days.”

 

If Chanyeol felt guilty before, he feels even guiltier now. The boy didn’t mean to show up at his apartment and all Chanyeol has been doing is criticizing him for his lack of height and telling him to shut up. Chanyeol even wakes him up early everyday to make him breakfast. It’s also Kyungsoo fault though, why didn’t he say anything or rejected Chanyeol’s demands?

 

“I’m going to my car. I forgot something.” Chanyeol drops the knife and washes his hands before he left the apartment. Once he left, Yura and her mother turns to each other, each shrugging their shoulders. Neither knows what is wrong with Chanyeol.

 

-----

 

Chanyeol runs down the stairs and rushes to his car to see if Kyungsoo was still in there. To his relief, he sees the boy sleeping in the passenger seat. Chanyeol was about to run up the stairs to finish helping his mother and sister cook but he realized he was no help anyways. He opens the door and was about to hit Kyungsoo to wake the boy up but he stops himself.

 

He might hate Exo for being overrated but Kyungsoo really hasn’t done anything wrong. He sighs and lifts Kyungsoo up princess style and kicks his car door shut. It didn’t even wake Kyungsoo who nuzzles against his neck. The boy was light as a feather, probably because being in the entertainment industry everyone had to maintain their diet, which is stupid because they all look like walking sticks.

 

Once he carried Kyungsoo inside, Yura and his mother looked at him and Chanyeol shakes his head and tells them to not wake up the smaller boy. Yura couldn’t make it clear of his face but she was pretty positive the boy looked like Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol sets Kyungsoo on his bed and closes the door. He almost had a heartattack when he sees Yura and his mother standing there. “Who is he? You look like a kidnapper.” Yura wanted to open the door but Chanyeol stops her.

 

“Don’t. Just let him sleep. I have been making him sleep on the couch…”

 

“He’s been staying at your apartment?!” his mother raises her voice.

 

Chanyeol sighs, this is going to be a fun story telling. “I have a story to tell you two…”

 

-----

 

“WHAT? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. THAT’S DO KYUNGSOO? FROM EXO? CHANYEOL SHUT UP AND STOP MESSING AROUND.” Yura voice could be heard from outside and Chanyeol had to tell her to be quiet. He’s afraid that fans outside can hear or something- they have ears everywhere.

 

“That’s the boy that Yura is obsessed with? Let umma see him.”

 

“Yura noona and umma you two have to understand it is his privacy. I really don’t want it to get to the public. He looks happy living a normal life for a bit.” Chanyeol wouldn’t say he knows Kyungsoo that well but he is for sure that he seems happier without people mobbing him all the time.

 

Before Yura could say anything, Kyungsoo walks towards them and waves, “hii!”

 

Flipping out wouldn’t be the word to describe Yura’s reaction. She was legit running and screaming telling Kyungsoo how much she loves him. She doesn’t even have to understand why Kyungsoo showed up randomly at Chanyeol’s apartment, she was just excited to be able to meet him.

 

Kyungsoo smiles as he greets Chanyeol sister and mother. Chanyeol rolls his eyes out of jealousy, it’s like his family totally forgot about him. They were freaking out over Kyungsoo instead, even his mother was so excited.

 

“Is Chanyeol treating you bad? Don’t listen to him. He always hates on Exo for no reason. He’s just jealous he isn’t as good looking as you guys.” Yura keeps on blabbing about bad traits of Chanyeol that makes Chanyeol want to defend himself but instead Kyungsoo steps up and defends Chanyeol.

 

“No, Chanyeol is great. He helps me around and he’s super nice. I have been really comfortable and happy here.” Hearing Kyungsoo’s words made Chanyeol feel touched. He might be a bit mean to Kyungsoo but the boy only says nice things about him.

 

They sit and talk and eat dinner together, with Yura and Chanyeol’s mother promising to not let this news out. Chanyeol has not seen his mother like someone so much before, maybe because Kyungsoo helped her the whole time with dinner. While Yura kept staring at Kyungsoo with dreamy eyes- Chanyeol wouldn’t admit it but he was kind of jealous. What if Kyungsoo liked his sister more than him?

 

“You’re my daughter bias,” Mrs. Park says with a smile while they were eating dinner, “the whole family knows who D.O is. She was also so excited to finally go to your concert since you guys are preforming in Los Angeles.”

 

Kyungsoo blushes as he bows and repeatedly said thanks. Maybe because Chanyeol has been criticizing him so much these days, he doesn’t know what compliments are.

 

“If Chanyeol treats you bad, tell me. I will personally beat him up.” Yura grins.

 

“Chanyeol treats me well. Thank you for worrying about me noona.”

 

“Then don’t let him make you sleep on the couch. Take his bed. Make him sleep on the couch.”

 

“This is my apartment noona” Chanyeol complains.

 

Yura ignores him as she turns back to Kyungsoo. “So is Chanyeol going to help you back to the concert when Exo comes here? Then that means you’ll leave back to Korea?”

 

“Yeah…I wouldn’t want to bother Chanyeol anymore. I would pay whatever amount he suggests back since he helped me so much. I’m in debt to him.”

 

It probably didn’t hit Chanyeol this morning but it hits Chanyeol now. When Exo comes in a month, Kyungsoo would be back with them and leaving to South Korea. He wouldn’t be here anymore. There wouldn’t be his annoying presence. Chanyeol did wait for this day to come but hearing that it is so near made Chanyeol devastated. Did he somehow get used to Kyungsoo presence?

 

-----

 

When his mother and Yura left (more like when Chanyeol kicked Yura out), Kyungsoo suggested cleaning up the kitchen. After Chanyeol helps his family out, he turns to Kyungsoo who was washing dishes and awkwardly coughs, “my noona is kind of crazy. Don’t mind her.”

 

Kyungsoo laughs a little, “I like your family. Don’t worry.”

 

It gets quiet between the two of them and Chanyeol knows it is partly his fault for always being mean to Kyungsoo. “Soo-”

 

Kyungsoo looks up while running his hand through the sponge on the dish. He was surprised that Chanyeol is calling out his name for the first time without insulting his height. He even gave Kyungsoo a nickname, which is strange.

 

“Nevermind. Just wash the dishes then go to sleep hobbit.” Chanyeol groans and walks straight into the bathroom. He curses himself out while brushing his teeth and washing his face. Why couldn’t he be nice to Kyungsoo? Is it that hard to be nice?

 

When Chanyeol opens the door, he sees Kyungsoo standing there with a smile. “Thank you for carrying me inside. You’re the best.” Kyungsoo tiptoes and kisses Chanyeol on the cheek then rushes in the bathroom closing the door.

 

Chanyeol stands there frozen while touching his hand on the cheek that Kyungsoo just kissed.