Chapter XX- How I met Sehun, Part II

It Isn't Safe; Quest to finding Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter had been uploaded before, sorry for the old readers, I changed a few things here and there.

The Ruins of Connorwell  

‘’You’re imagining things, Sora. He probably isn’t real…’’ she softly reassured herself.

 

‘’Oh, really?’’ The male stood up and crouched next to Sora. He lifted his arm and pinched her cheek- making her scream and slap his hand away.

‘’Still think I'm a figment of your imagination?’’ The male made strange movements with his hands as he pulled a sour face. He was obviously mocking someone…

‘’W-Who a-are you?!’’ Sora finally managed to ask between her heavy breathings.

‘’My name is Sehun. Do you not remember me?’’

Sora shook her head.

‘’Wow, so much for your care for Jongin.’’

 

Jongin? Sora furrowed her brows…She knew that name…

 

‘’No, Jongin, wait!’’ Sora called while chasing him. His dark hair covered the huge slash on the side of his head. Sora saw the blood dropping down in an almost rhythmic beat.

‘’Sora, get out of the way!!’’ He turned around and Sora felt her heart stop. His face was full of raw rage mixed with a hint of worry. His dark brows were firmly knotted together and his red eyes were glowing dangerously. 

She was too late to warn him for it. She was too late to make him run away instead of her…

 

‘’I see you remember us?’’ Sehun shrugged, ‘’well, at least your face seems to remember something. Don’t frown, you look uglier when you do that.’’

Sora was too shocked to even react to his rather rude comments. The brunette shook her head. What was going on? This was going too fast. She couldn’t comprehend the facts any more. This Sehun guy…he knew what happened…he had the answers she was looking for so long!

 

 ‘’Look, Sora, it was nice seeing you again but I have to go. I have things to do.’’ Sehun lifted his hand with a downcast expression before standing up and walking away. Sora couldn’t hear his footsteps which triggered another memory.

 

Sora could clearly hear footsteps downstairs, though she knew those didn’t belong to him.

It couldn’t.

He didn’t have hearable footsteps…

 

‘’Wait!! Sehun?!’’

Sora jumped up and chased the tall male. She ran outside and covered her eyes from the sudden blinding light. She didn’t remember the sun being this bright when she arrived. Sora turned her head in every direction before she caught a glimpse of a moving shadow.

 

‘’Sehun! Wait! Please, wait!’’

 

Sora chased the shadow until she was out of the ruins. She saw Sehun walk through a small field before disappearing between the trees at the end. Sora didn’t hesitate as she took a sprint. She had to talk to him! She needed answers!

Sora skillfully jumped over a bush, however, as she lifted her feet, something caught her- causing her to fall flat on her face. Sora hissed and sat up; she rubbed her stinging forehead with a frown. What was that? Sora looked around her but didn’t see anything out of place. She felt a tingling sensation, which caused her to scramble to her feet and move further.

Something was definitely off here.

 

Sora continued to jog as she noticed the place suddenly had become darker. She scanned upwards and frowned, there were a lot of huge trees which blocked the sunlight. Sora sighed and hugged her arms to her chest. She stopped jogging and continued walking until she saw some weird structure sticking out from the ground. Sora blinked, it took her a moment to realize she had seen this, too, in her dreams. It was a sort of temple which was built lower than the ground she was standing on. As if someone took a big chunk of earth and removed that, before inserting tiles and walls.

Sora dashed forward again but made sure to watch the ground this time. She hopped over another bush and lowered herself from the ledge into the main gathering place. It was an underground temple as there were pathways which led into the ground. The small, squared gates were lined across each other. There were a total of eight gates, four on each side. Sora frowned as she tried to convince herself of going in.

She didn’t know what kind of things would be waiting for her down there…but then again, she couldn’t let Sehun go like that. Not without answers.

Sora looked around for the last time. The place she stood in was squared. The tiles were big and rectangle-shaped. They were a light grey, like the gates, with green plants growing over it. Sora neared the one on her right and tried to take in as much as details as she could. There were weird symbols, again, all over it and even drawings, as well. She could make out bald monsters with huge fangs and, suddenly, she didn’t feel like going down. Maybe, it was a warning…? Maybe, those monsters were real…?

 

 

‘’I wouldn’t go in through that one…’’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter