Taehyung is.... Taehyung

Taehyung is.... Taehyung

BTS has just won for the third time in a music program. Their struggle and hard work since their debute two years ago – even since their trainee period a few years earlier – finally paid off this time. Of course they were very happy. And they showed their happiness in public, so that people, especially  ARMY, could  celebrate the victory with them and feel the same happiness they feel. But now, in their third win celebration, that happiness seemed to fade. And it was clearly visible on the face of the member who is known as the most weird and crazy in BTS.

“We did it, guys ..!" Yoongi says loudly once they come back to the backstage, eyes still fix on the trophy he is holding in his hand.

“Yeah, we get our third win. I still can’t believe we managed to do it.” Jin nods his head and shows his smile.

“Let’s take a picture with the trophy..” Hoseok adds as he begin to pulling the other members to stand around Yoongi who is still holding the trophy.

“Wait, where is Taehyung?” Namjoon, being the leader he is, realizes that one of is missing. He turns around his head and finds the missing member in the corner of the room, sitting alone on the sofa. “Taehyung, come here..”

No response from the said boy.

“Taehyungie..”

This time, Jin tries to call the boy, but  still no response from him.

“Tae..”

Hoseok fails too.

“Yah, Kim Taehyung..”

Even Yoongi also fails.

They exchange glances, aware that something has happened to Taehyung. Jungkook being the first member who comes toward Taehyung. He kneels in front of Taehyung and holds both of Taehyung’s hands which hang down in his lap. “Hyung..”

“Oh, Jungkookie..” Taehyung looks a bit surprise with Jungkook’s action.

“What’s wrong, Taetae?” Jimin, who has followed Jungkook to come toward Taehyung, now sitting beside Taehyung and puts his arm around Taehyung’s shoulders. “What are you thinking about?”

“No-nothing..”

“Really?” Jungkook furrows his eyebrows. “You seemed like in a deep thought. You even didn’t hear when we called you..”

“Oh, really? Did I?” Taehyung looks at Jimin and the latter immediately nods his head.

“Are you okay, Taehyungie?”

“I’m fine, Jin hyung..”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, Namjoon hyung..”

“But you doesn’t look like usual. You are too quiet this time. You aren’t like Taehyung who we all now.”

“I just tired, Hobie hyung.. but I’m fine, really..” Taehyung tries to reassuring all the members who are currently surrounding him. “By the way, did I miss something?” He continues, tries to change the conversation.

“Yes. We were going to take a picture but then you just stay still in here even though the hyung line has called your name for the nth time.”

“I’m sorry, Yoongi hyung..” Taehyung looked sorry. His face becomes gloomy and it makes Yoongi feels bad for saying that words to the younger.

“It’s okay, Taehyung.”

“Cheer up, Taetae.. we are going to take a picture now..” Jimin moves his hand to Taehyung’s hair tenderly.

“Look at the camera, hyung..” Jungkook adds while shaking Taehyung’s hands lightly.

“Ok, boys.. in the third count..” Their manager announces, ready to take a picture of Bangtan Boys. “... five.. four.. three..”

Click.

And finally, Taehyung manages to show his smile in the photo of their third win.

 

>>><<< 

 

“Tae, are you still awake?” Jimin asks with a sleepy voice while looking at Taehyung who is laying on his own bed. Hoseok is already asleep on another bed in their shared room. “What are you doing with your phone?”

“I’m just playing a game. Did I disturb you?”

“No, but you have to sleep. You need some rest, Tae..”

“I will..” Taehyung replies and then gets up from his bed.

“Where are you going?”

“Get a drink. Just go back to sleep, Jimin.. you need some rest too, don’t you?” With that, Taehyung leaves their shared room with the phone in his hand. And Jimin knows that Taehyung just made an excuse. He knows Taehyung lied to him.

“I know what you did, Tae. You weren’t playing games. You were reading that damn article.”

 

>>><<< 

 

Taehyung throws himself on the floor in the living room. He leans his back to the couch behind him while pulls his knees to his chest and puts his arms around his legs. He rests his chin on his knees as he stares at his phone that is showing an article about him.

“I didn’t mean to do that. I swear..” He says quietly.

“We know you didn’t mean that way, Tae..” Suddenly, Jimin appears in front of him and sits next to him on the floor. “Some people just misunderstood you. They didn’t know you well and still judging you wrongly.”

“Ji-Jimin..”

“I know you are sad. We all know it. We know you aren’t okay, you aren’t fine with all the article that appeared in the media saying bad things about you and BTS.”

“I’m sorry, Jimin.. I’m so sorry I made you all disappointed.” Taehyung’s voice sounds trembling and he has a tears stagnate in the corner of his eyes. “I’m sorry I’ve made a mistake..” He bows his head, hoping for Jimin to not see his tears.

“Please.. don’t cry, Tae.” Jimin puts both of his hands on Taehyung’s cheeks. “You makes our maknae cry as well.”

Taehyung eyes get wide when he finds Jungkook already standing in front of him with teary eyes. “Jungkookie..”

“Hyung..” Jungkook hugs Taehyung and all Taehyung can do is hugging him back. “I’ve been worrying you, we all worry about you..”

“Don’t worry, I’m fine.. really..” But Taehyung’s voice betrays him.

“No, you are not. You just pretend to be okay..”

“No, I don’t-”

“Just stop lie to us, hyung! We all already know that.” Jungkook breaks the hug to glare at Taehyung. That alien of the Bangtan Boys just so stubborn that makes the maknae upset. He didn’t even realize that he was just yelling at his hyung.

“Calm down, Jungkook. You make Taehyung scare..” Jimin warns the maknae.

“I’m sorry, hyung.. I didn’t mean to yell at you.” But then, they hear Taehyung’s sob that makes Jungkook panic. “Hyung.. oh, please.. forgive me, Taehyung hyung.. please, don’t cry..”

“I’m sorry.. I-I’m so sorry.. it’s my fault.. I’m so-sorry to make you upset.. sorry, I always make a mistake.. it’s my fault.. sorry.. it’s my fault..”

“No, hyung..” Jungkook hugs Taehyung for the second time. “Please, stop it. It’s not your fault. Jimin hyung help me..”

Jimin sighs. He then lifts up Taehyung’s chin with his hand, making the latter to look at him. “Listen, Kim Taehyung.. you know we love you, right?” Taehyung just nods. “Seeing you sad but you just keep it to yourself make us sad as well.”

“I’m sorry..”

“No.. no.. we are not blaming you.” Jimin puts one arm around Taehyung’s shoulder and the other arm in Jongkook’s – since the maknae still clinging to Taehyung’s body. He hugs both of his dongsaengs as much as he can – because he is not too tall, he also has a not too long arms. “We just want you to share your sadness with us. You always share your smile, your happines, your craziness, even your weirdness. Why won’t you share your sadness with us?”

“We even share our clothes, hyung. Is it that hard to share your sadness?” Jungkook mumbles in his hyungs embrace.

“I’m sorry..”

“We are friends.. we are family.. aren’t we?” Jimin says again while Taehyung’s head that is resting on Jungkook’s shoulder tenderly.

Taehyung nods his head again. “I’m sorry, Jimin.. I’m sorry, Jungkook..”

“Oh, God. I swear, hyung.. if you say sorry again I will tickle you.”

“No, Kookie.. I’m sor- ahhh..! Stop it. It’s ticklish. Please, Kookie.. aahh!” Taehyung tries to avoid Jungkook’s attacks, but being sandwiched between Jungkook and Jimin doesn’t help him at all. ”Chimchim help..!”

“Enough, Jungkook.” Jimin stops Jungkook’s hands from attacking Taehyung’s body.

“No sorry again, hyung..” Jungkook glares to his youngest hyung, and the latter just nods like a child being scolded by his parent. Jimin can help but chuckles quietly. Jungkook is really such an evil maknae. “No tears anymore..” Taehyung nods again as he immediately wipes away his tears. “Now give us your precious smile..” This time, Taehyung just stares blankly at Jungkook and Jimin.

“Smile, Taetae..” Jimin is pointing his curving lips with his finger, gesturing Taehyung to do the same thing. “Smile..”

And finally, Taehyung manages to show his precious rectangular smile to his beloved members.

 

>>><<< 

 

“I think we should just let the three of them.” Yoongi states, eyes staring at the maknae line who are hugging each other in the living room. “Taehyung doesn’t like to show his weak side to all of us.”

“You’re right.” Namjoon nods his head, agree with Yoongi. “If we all surrounds him right know, maybe he’ll just acts as if he is fine. Exactly like what he did in the backstage after we got our third win.”

“I hope he will open up to Jimin and Jungkook.”

“Me too, Jin hyung. I already miss his craziness and weirdness..”

“I know.” Namjoon pats Hoseok shoulder. “Tomorrow is our turn to cheer him up. You have to bring that craziness and weirdness back to him.” He adds, then turns his gaze to the oldest. “And Jin hyung..”

“I will cook a lot of meals for him. I think he lost his appetite lately..” Jin interrupts Namjoon’s words, but then Namjoon nods his head which immediately followed by the other members.

“Then what are you going to do with Yoongi hyung?” Hoseok asks curiously.

“We will talk to him.. as a man.” Yoongi answers the question with a serious tone, earning a weird look from Hoseok and Jin.

“Yeah, as a man.” Namjoon echoes with his deep voice.