2. You only see what you want to see

(Anti) Social

Life was a never ending matter of choices in the likes of Kim Tae Hyung. He thought we are what we think and what we choose and people simply categorize us based on that.

He wasn’t popular. No girls threw themselves at him, and no one ever gave him a bro-hug. Maybe it was because of the little secret he had, that was anything but a secret.

It had started out as a game, a way of spending his dull and boring days of high school. Soon it turned to a reality full of rules and an instant suicide pact of the members social life.

They called it the Greek Club, though some people call them the Scooby gang just to mess with them.

From the day he had joined, he destroyed every shot he ever had with any girl in school and automatically stopped being in speaking terms with anyone normal. What was weird wasn’t that though; it was the fact he didn’t care.

They had spent months arguing with the student counsel, stating that the Greek Club was no different from the Art club, or the Sports club, so they should be allowed to open it. Only it was, since they didn’t pursue any kind of intellectual enlightenment; at least not one properly considered useful for the school authorities.

However they dedication eventually paid off, and they were certificated as the first school club which main objectives involved communicating with aliens.                                          

You did not read that line wrong. 

 

Believe it or not Tae Hyung wasn't always like that. He still remembered years ago when he was considered 'popular' and girls would gift him cookies and such hoping to make the way towards his heart through his stomach, Not that they were actually wrong. However that kind of life style had always rubbed him the wrong way. He couldn't put a finger on what was wrong though he did have a few guesses.  

Firstly as he watched everyone,including his friends, grow up he felt stuck, like his mind refused to go along with society.  His friends would often ignore him when he acted immature and would tell him to shut up when he talked about interesting things like aliens and  ghosts with girls. He disliked how his 'friends' didn't understood him and how the girls would nod and smile even though they didn't know about what he was talking about. 

He grew tired of the strict rules that the society, that had always claimed was rebellious, had to fit in. There was something highly hypocritical about the whole situation and if there was anything he hated, it was hypocritical people. When he started smiling less and decided to grow his bangs dyeing them of weird colors people simply decided to continue with their lives without him; something which didn't quite offended him as much as intrigued him. 

He always considered himself lucky of having met nice people like the members of the club; so much he wasn't even joking.

 

He would be lying to say he hadn't noticed her right away. She was a pretty girl, but most girls at school were. Maybe she had caught his attention with the way she had introduced herself, as if she was going to pee her pants at any second; to be more precise. 

And don't get him wrong he wasn't a creep, the first time he followed her was just out of curiosity, to see what she was up to and what kind of person she was;After all they would share two more years together until they finished school. Something at the pit of his stomach did an annoying flip when he saw her sitting alone on the stairs, with her eyes hollow and looking nowhere in particular, eating her lunch as quietly as possible. Maybe it was recognition, as for he was once her and loneliness was slowly killing him.

The next days he did try to approach her, but his poor social skills always got in the way of his courage, ultimately leading him to watch her from afar. No, he swore he wasn't a creep.

After days of watching her, he had noticed two things: One. she ate more than any of his friends, which should be some kind of achievement                                                                                                                                                                                  Two. at the end of every meal she would pop the same brand of candies into her                                                         mouth, look at the bundle and smile. He was glad he wasn't the only weird                                                             person in the room. 

 

A Thursday something wonderful happened. Ji Min and Ho Seok were being weirder than usual, apparently Ho Seok was helping him escape from the eyes of a girl who was completely obsessed with him, she had been stalking him for quite sometime and they would try to go buy lunch without her following him, something he said would be impossible. Tae Hyung and the others stayed on the club room, where they would eat peacefully without other people bothering them since no one ventured to the Greek Club, not even out of curiosity. He felt kind of bad since they were his closest friends, but when he had excitedly offered to help they made poor excuses to turn him down  like '' That new manga won't read itself '' and '' What's that behind you? '' before taking off. 

As expected they were assigned the worst room of all, a small, bad cleaned old space that was covered with dust and packed with old equipment the sports club had used, including the commodities of a ragged couch. They had bought a table to put on the center and a few patio chairs for all the seven members to sit. A radio and a bookshelf were also brought, the shelves full of mangas and magazines about out of this world creatures. It was their place, and as bad as it sounded they actually liked that way. 

He was silently eating with a sleeping Yoon Gi who occupied the whole length of the couch, a Nam Joon who was trying to get his homework done before the bell would ring again and Jin, who as usual was nagging about how dirty the furniture was  '' This must be Jung Kook, for god's sake, can't he use the actual coaster cup for once in his damned life? ''  

And somehow Tae Hyung felt a little awkward, even though these were the guys he had hanged out with for such a long time, everyone knew who got along better with who. None of the present were his closest friend, to tell the truth, He simply felt awkward when he was alone with them. Not like he didn't like them, on the contrary, he thought each one of them were amazing people, he simply didn't know how to act around them. And so there he was, tapping him foot anxiously waiting for the other members to come back. 

When the door opened the first to come in was an annoyed Ho Seok, who was dragging his feet across the room numbly; behind him appeared a wide eyed Ji Min whose face looked like he was on the verge of a panic attack. Tae Hyung looked at them confused before another person entered the room, this time, and for the first time on the room, a girl. 

Recognition dawned him as he watched her looking at the ground with a small smile on her lips. Ji Min stood awkwardly besides her a small hand, that looked kinda weird and stiff, at her back not quite touching her. The room was filled with a pregnant silence, every boy staring at Yu Mi trying to anticipate her every move. In an attempt to just do something, anything, she looked at the handsome guy that was in front of her, meeting eyes with Tae Hyung. Quickly her attempt failed and her sight adverted from him to the table in the middle of the room, more precisely in an object that was proudly sitting on it. The eyes of the boys filled with panic as they watched her turning fifty shades of red at the indecent copy of   '' The sperminator ''. A mess of bodies hovering over the table, trying to cover the video, made awkward noises in the silence as Yu Mi tried not to tell them she had already seen that film. What? she also had needs.

'' Oh my god, Park Ji Min i told you not to leave these here ''  Jin accused as if he had never took one home on a lonely night

'' T-that's not what you think Yu Mi, don't listen to that idiot'' 

The room fell upon an even heavier silence, only a still laughing Ho Seok making noise. 

'' So...who is your lady friend ? '' Nam Joon asked as politely as he could after a cough

'' Well, um this is Yu Mi my um...'' Ji Min looked at Yu Mi as if she would pop the answer to his silent question ''...''

Gathering some courage she said the words he was so afraid of spilling  '' I am Park Yu Mi, Ji Min's cousin '' 

A few boys looked shocked, Tae Hyung being one of them whose eyes traveled back and forth from the girl to her cousin trying to find any type of resemblance.

'' Is this the girl who was...?'' Jin whisper-questioned Ji Min 

'' NO no, she transferred a few weeks ago. I,um, well her parents were expecting me to show her around and see if she could...make some friends '' 

The club members froze upon hearing that, looking at Ji Min as if he had gone insane. Ho Seok went to sit on the couch, instantly waking up Yoon Gi who whined at the sudden weight crushing his legs. He slapped the back of his friend's head, sitting up straight before noticing the presence of the unknown being. 

'' What is a...girl doing here? '' he frowned at the weird situation '' She isn't a call girl right? '' 

Yu Mi blushed yet again at the embarrassing situation, not quite understanding the shock of the boys as they went to a mixed school and were forced to coexist and interact with girls

Her cousin covered his face with embarrassment before throwing a pillow at him  '' Ugh don't listen to these idiots, we just aren't really used to have girls coming here ''

'' Why wouldn't you? ''  She asked with new found curiosity

Jin cleared his throat '' As Ji Min must have told you, we aren't very popular. Girls rather laugh at us, with, you know, the whole alien stuff...'' 

Yu Mi looked quizzically at her cousin who skillfully avoided her eyes. Suddenly a smile appeared on her face as she realized something   '' It's kind of funny cause they do the same thing to me, although i am not sure why ''

Something about her words made them feel like they had been punched in the gut. High school kids were really scary, it was a matter of luck whether you would  be either the bullied kid or the bully. Tae Hyung wondered why she was bullied, she looked completely normal and was pretty enough to be part of the mean girls clique. 

'' Are they really treating you badly? ''  Ji Min inquired with a sad expression. He thought this time she would make tons of friends considering no one knew about her past and if she behaved, she could gain the sympathy of people.

'' It's not so bad, i just hear them talk about me and last Friday they wrote some pretty mean things about me in my text book, but i can still use it'' She pouted  '' it's not like they ripped off the important parts '' 

Hearing her words, the mouth of Tae Hyung felt like it had a life of it's own as he, without thinking, spoke for the first time since she had entered, 

'' How about you join the club ? '' 


Hey! so, i have been thinking about writing something new for a while now so here it is. I have tons of stuff planned for this story and i think it is going to take a psychological turn after some chapters. I will try to edit as much as i  can and correct mistakes, so don't be afraid to point them out. 

Anyways, enjoy