Bedtime Crisis

❤ Happy Days ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Do open this link. Inspired by this gif -----> Naruto

Jaejoong clumsily stuffed the files and stationery in his bag and searched for his glasses. He put his case of glasses, his phone and charger in the bag that already spilling. “What else?” He just stood in place trying to think if he forgot anything but then he heard soft dove-like sounds behind him and he smiled. Turning around, he went to the crib and picked up his eight-month-old son. “Of course, how could I forget you?” Jaejoong cooed and rained kisses on Changmin’s face much to his baby’s delight.

Jaejoong works in human resources for an advertising firm but he has been on leave since he was five months pregnant. He only went back to work last week leaving Changmin in the care of his grandparents during the day. Yunho is a high-profile attorney who spent most of his day working at his firm or at home. But he specifically took time off work when Jaejoong was tasked with organizing a member training trip to a resort within the city.

Jaejoong may have gone overboard planning the activities but he’s never been given a solo responsibility since he began working. It’s only because his senior is on vacation and the second-in-command left before Jaejoong returned leaving only him in the department capable of organizing the trip. It’s only a one-night-two-days trip, one day seeing that they leave in the afternoon and return early evening the next day.

Changmin, quite liking the attention, laughed loudly and squished his Umma’s soft cheeks. He tried to return his mother’s kisses but being just a baby, he sloppily smashed his lips on Jaejoong’s chin. While Jaejoong tried to steady him and nurse his now throbbing chin, Changmin was picked up from his arms.

“Hey! Only Appa can kiss there.” And to punctuate, Yunho gave Jaejoong a noisy smooch on his lips. Jaejoong was happy to reciprocate. But he did give his husband a smack on his arm, “don’t be jealous. He missed his aim.”

“Good for me.” Yunho passed Changmin back to Jaejoong and took his bags instead. “You’re getting late.”

That made his wife pout. He understands Jaejoong is reluctant to leave Changmin alone, but he should know their son is in good hands. Seriously, how could anything go wrong with Super Dad Yunho?

He takes Jaejoong’s stuff and walks him to his car so Jaejoong could get as much time with Changmin. he puts the bags in the back seat of the car and leans on the door to watch his two precious people cuddle each other.

Jaejoong places one loud smooch on Jaejoong’s crown. “Love you so much. be a good boy and don’t trouble Appa okay.”

“Relax.” Yunho had all the smugness of a dad that has survived the moody pregnant wife and the first sleepless weeks of a parent, “I got this. Don’t stress and enjoy your MT.” Yunho took Changmin and nudged Jaejoong inside the car. Yunho ducked so he could give Jaejoong a parting kiss to bide him till Jaejoong is back and then steps back to let him pull out.

“See you tomorrow.” Jaejoong waves from the car and Yunho raises Changmin’s tiny hand to wave it at Jaejoong.

once the car was out of the driveway and had turned the corner of the street, Yunho knew that he was really on his own. He looked at his son, those big Bambi eyes he gets from his mother staring back at him with slight marvel as Changmin’s ever industrious mouth on his fist. “So….what now?”

~~~

Jaejoong has been gone four hours and 38 minutes… the longest four hours and 38 minutes of Yunho’s life. it isn’t the first time Changmin has been without Jaejoong and Yunho has had to take care of Changmin by himself. But apparently, the little tot knows that his Appa is by himself for an entire day. so he’s being a little piece of Sugar-Honey-Ice-Tea.

First, Changmin decided that the floor is too clean. So he covered it with his milk, water and porridge, all from the comfort of his swing. When he found himself on his high chair, he decided that his father needed a banana facial.

Then Changmin, to his great shock, realized his stupid father wasted his precious food. Now he’s hungry and his Appa can’t boil and mash potatoes fast enough. When he got his potatoes, his milk was too cold. The poor child had to make his father understand he’s an utter failure. But Changmin’s baby negotiations translate to an epic tantrum for Yunho Appa. It took Yunho so long to calm him down that he forgot his dinner is boiling away on the stove till it overflowed.

While Yunho scrubbed the burnt soup off the stove and island, Changmin was banished to his play pen. That was until Yunho heard a crashing sound and he rushed to the living room to facepalm. The little devil upturned the entire box of toys to play with the empty box itself. The contents, including some legos waiting for feet to press on them had scattered from underneath the gate and made it all the way to the couch.

Since he doesn’t want to play with the toys, Yunho dumped them in the nursery and ordered a pizza. Yunho’s petty revenge was eating three-meat pizza in front of his hungry baby and said hungry baby doesn’t get any.

Of course Changmin gets his revenge too, by not letting his father enjoy any peace.

It’s past 7 and Changmin is supposed to be in bed by now. but no matter what, he refuses to just stay still. Every time Yunho put him down in the crib, Changmin would whine and whimper. By the fifth attempt, there were fat tears falling from those Bambi eyes and no matter what an evil little nugget he is, crying Bambi eyes are Yunho’s weakness.

He called his mother for a few suggestions. On her direction, Yunho let Changmin drink milk till he’s sated to no avail. When his mother suggested that Changmin probably misses Jaejoong, it struck Yunho that his son is used to being put to sleep by his mother. He first tries to put a teddy wrapped in Jaejoong’s shirt in the crib which at least makes Changmin stop crying. But it’s not the real deal and it’s not enough to put him to sleep.

Defeated, Yunho has to do what he didn’t want. He needs Jaejoong even though he wanted to let his wife enjoy his short trip. But Jaejoong is the only one who can save him right now.

“Come here.” At Yunho’s gentle command, Changmin lifted his arms and let Yunho carry him out of the crib. Yunho carries him out to the living room and sits on the couch with Changmin on his lap. Changmin’s fingers are back in his mouth as he stares up at his father curiously. “look here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter