The Girl Who Complains in Panel

Korea's Next Top Model, Guys and Girls (K-POP EDITION)

JANG YOONJU

Previously on Korea's Next Top Model, the models did a challenge hosted by Lee Hyeju involving interview skills, and Leo won the challenge. Then the models did an extreme photoshoot: a swimsuit photoshoot at Haeundae Beach. Naeun was particularly uncomfortable about exposing a lot of skin. Leo won best photo, and Naeun and Nana landed in the bottom two, but were shocked to find out that it was non-elimination week as all six models would be going to Italy.

6 models remain, each vieing for the top prizes: each vieing for the top prizes, a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. Who will be eliminated tonight?

[Intro plays, showing contestants all dressed in black and posing on geometric three dimensional structures in order:

LEO

KYUNGRI

EUAERIN

MINHO

RAVI

UEE

YOOYOUNG

NANA

KAI

CHANYEOL

NARA

HYUNGSIK

SOOYOUNG

ZELO

NAEUN

SUNGYEOL

Cut to Jang Yoon Ju, standing in front of all the models.]

[at Rome Leonardo da Vinci Airport]

NAEUN (confessional)

We're in Italy!

LEO (confessional)

This is a dream! Like oh my god!

[All aboard the bus, which takes them to their suite.]

KYUNGRI

Oh my god! It's beautiful!

RAVI

Yeah! This is amazing! All dinner is set up nicely on the table for us!

RAVI (confessional)

Mmmm, pizza and spaghetti! This is definitely appetizing. This is the REAL pizza and spaghetti, not the fake wannabes like in other countries.

ZELO

Well, let's dig in!

[after meal]

LEO

That was really good! This is the most I've eaten in a while!

LEO (confessional)

As soon as we finished our meal...

LEO

Oh look! Yoonju Mail!

ALL

"Ciao! Welcome to the fashion capital of the world, Italy! Hope you've all settled in nicely! You all will have an important meeting with one of the most influential fashion designers in the world! Love, Yoonju."

[the next day]

NAEUN (confessional)

Rome is so beautiful. It's like a place in a fairytale. We rode the bus and got off to tour the streets of Rome for a while. But then, we met Han Hyeyeon, waiting for us in front of a fountain!

HAN HYEYEON

Buongiorno, models!

ALL

Hello!

HAN HYEYEON

Welcome to Rome!

[all applause]

This is where you have your first challenge in Italy. You will be meeting one of the most influential fashion designers in the world: Giuseppe de Rossi!

GIUSEPPE DE ROSSI

Hi models! Welcome to Rome, Italy, where this is the leading country for fashion! I have designed gowns for famous models including Tyra Banks, Karolina Kurkova, Linda Evangelista and former Italy's Next Top Model host, Natasha Stefaneko, as well as suits for other models, including Tyson Beckford, Park Sungjin, David Gandy and Sean O'Pry. Today, you will be asked to wear some of my collection, and take what you learned from this competition and walk for me in my headquarters.

[after challenge]

Well it definitely looks like you have all impressed me. Zelo, I think that your face may be a bit too effeminate and cute, but I admire the energy and enthusiasm you brought to the challenge today. Nana, I think you look a bit too commercial and y. But I think Leo and Kyungri impressed me most. And for that the winner is....

Kyungri!

KYUNGRI

No way!

GIUSEPPE DE ROSSI

Congratulations! You win some of my collection for this challenge, and a special photoshoot on the island of Sicily!

KYUNGRI

Thank you so much!

GIUSEPPE DE ROSSI

Well models, it was nice meeting you, and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your stay in Italy!

ALL

Thank you!

[at the house]

LEO

Yoonju Mail!

ALL

"A model is always ready to stand straight and tall, modern or ancient. Love, Yoonju."

[the next day]

HAN HYEYEON

Good morning!

ALL

Good morning! 

HAN HYEYEON

Welcome to the Coliseum! This is where you will be having your photoshoot. You will all be dressed up in traditional Roman tunics and togas, and for the ladies, pallas. You all will pose as Roman kings and queens of the city. Are you all ready?

ALL 

YES!!

HAN HYEYEON

Well, let's start!

[at the house]

RAVI

Yoonju Mail!

ALL

"Tomorrow you will meet with the judges. Only 5 of you will continue the journey towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Love, Yoonju."

[at judging]

JANG YOONJU

Ciao!

ALL

Ciao!

JANG YOONJU

Welcome to Italy! A lot has went on this week. Challenges, the photoshoot, jetlag and all. But we are still gonna continue as well. You all know our lovely panel of judges: Han Hyeyeon, creative director, Lee Hyeju, editor of W Magazine, Kim Wonjung, fashion model, and guest judge, Giuseppe de Rossi! As you all know, our prizes are a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid.

You all had to pose as Roman kings and queens in the Coliseum. First up is Nana.

[photo shows]

I want to love this photo. But unfortunately I can't. I am surprised that this is the best photograph that we have of you, because you have been consistently taking stunning photos, and I want to see you, dressed up like you are right now in a photo. This is perfection. That is not.

NANA

I know that I can do better. My tunic was uncomfortable and my palla kept slipping off. And the sunlight was beating my eyes and the ground surface was too rough and uncomfortable for me so I didn't have many choices.

JANG YOONJU

We didn't see it though. And don't you dare blame the tunic because it was cut off at your ankles. Besides, the environment was the same for everyone else. Kyungri had a much longer tunic than yours and she handled it better than you.

Kyungri.

[photo shows]

Amazing. You were given the hardest tunic of all to work with, but you it up and the picture turned out amazing. This is gorgeous. Keep it up.

Zelo.

[photo shows]

I don't like the pose. You look too girly, especially with the pose, and you look like a boy wearing a dress, as much as I'd hate to say. Remember, especially when you are a guy and you have a very pretty face, you want to be aware of how you pose because there is a line of going from too macho to too feminine.

Leo.

[photo shows]

Flawless, as usual. Your skin looks radiant, and you look like a god lurking on top of the whole ancient city. Well done.

Ravi.

[photo shows]

Beautiful. The tunic suits you really well, and your buff muscular figure. Keep it up.

Naeun.

[photo shows]

It is a pretty picture, but I think that I should have seen more expressions from you. However, I do sense energy in this photograph, because you were having a lot of fun during the shoot and playing with the dress, so that is what made the photo satisfactory.

Now it is time for the judges to deliberate and when I call you back, I will announce who will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

[after deliberation]

JANG YOONJU

6 beautiful models stand before me, but I only have 5 photos in my hands. And these photos represent the 5 of you that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Best photo goes to....

Leo.

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

LEO

Thank you.

JANG YOONJU

Runner up for best photo goes to....

Kyungri.

Ravi.

Naeun.

Will Zelo and Nana please step forward?

[both step forward]

Two beautiful blonde models stand before me. But I only have one photo in my hands. And this photo represents the beauty that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. I will call only one name and the name I do not call must go back to the house, pack their belongings and go home.

Nana, I am surprised to see you in the bottom two again. You have been producing strong photos, and for the last two weeks, you fell flat. But what also concerns that judges is that you make too many excuses. This is Cycle 6, and you should know better.

Zelo, the judges think that your performance overall has been a rollercoaster. You took some good pictures, and some mediocre ones, and at one point one best photo of the bunch. But maybe this competition is overwhelming you, and going at a faster pace than you think? Because at this point in the competition, it is not enough to be just simply trying your best, you have to BE at your best.

So who stays in this competition?

[pulls out photo]

Nana.

I don't want to see that attitude in panel anymore. Promise me that?

NANA

Yes.

JANG YOONJU

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

NANA

Thank you.

JANG YOONJU

So, the young maknae prince is going home! You have learned so much in this competition! But I think that maybe you are a bit young and overwhelmed, so I guess you will need some time to grow and mature to the Top Model we've all dreamed you to be, before you can go international. You're not ready yet, and that's okay. But nonetheless, you got really far, and you should be proud of yourself.

ZELO

I am, thank you so much.

[at the house]

ZELO

I really am disappointed that I got eliminated. I really thought I was gonna go further, but I guess that is life.

[shows before and after picture, then whole portfolio]

I am definitely not going to give up modelling. I will continue to practice and do whatever it takes to become a Top Model all on my own, and I will keep trying and trying until I can be one. I will be Naeun the most, and I wish her the best of luck in this competition.

[shows fadeout, Zelo fades out]

NEXT EPISODE:

RAVI

Holy crap!

NANA

Oh. No. This isn't happening.

JANG YOONJU

You make too many excuses.