The Girls Who Hit Rock Bottom

Korea's Next Top Model, Guys and Girls (K-POP EDITION)

JANG YOONJU

Previously on Korea's Next Top Model, the models had to go through a challenge involving giving emotions with Kim Wonjung. Then they had a glamorous classy photo involving them as celebrities at the KBS Entertainment Awards. The stress of the competition got to Leo, who collapsed, and had to be rushed to hospital, but luckily he came back all in good shape once again. Kai and Ravi landed in the bottom two, but Kai was sent home.

6 models remain, each vieing for the top prizes, a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. Who will be eliminated tonight?

[Intro plays, showing contestants all dressed in black and posing on geometric three dimensional structures in order:

LEO

KYUNGRI

EUAERIN

MINHO

RAVI

UEE

YOOYOUNG

NANA

KAI

CHANYEOL

NARA

HYUNGSIK

SOOYOUNG

ZELO

NAEUN

SUNGYEOL

Cut to Jang Yoon Ju, standing in front of all the models.]

[at the house]

RAVI (confessional)

I was really shocked and scared for Leo. He collapsed at panel. But I'm so glad for him he is alright.

LEO (confessional)

Last week I collapsed in panel because the stress of the competition was really getting to me. I was really scared about what to expect then, but I'm alright now.

NANA (confessional)

I hope Leo goes home for real. It would be a dream since he is my definite competition. But I know that my photos for sure WILL outshine his.

NAEUN

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL 

"One must choose the correct words and the correct poise when meeting a client for the first time. Love, Yoonju."

[The next day]

LEE HYEJU

Hello everyone!

ALL

Hi!

LEE HYEJU

This challenge will not involve any particular photoshoot or posing. However, this will all be about interviews and poise. As a model, when you meet clients it is important to make yourself presentable when you go for a job interview. At the same time, you need some energy and enthusiasm, but you need to know the fine line between shy and overdoing it.

[after the lesson]

Well, for your challenge, I will pretend to be the client of a fashion agency, and you will all be the interviewees coming in the office. First up is Nana.

[after the challenge]

Well everyone that was pretty good! Of course, there will only be one winner. That challenge winner wins a classy photoshoot for Ceci, and will also get ten extra frames for this week's photoshoot. And that winner is.....Leo.

LEO

YES!

LEE HYEJU

Leo, I felt that you were the most composed and comfortable, and you were exactly able to answer all of my questions. At the same time, very humble as well. You get to do a classy photoshoot for Ceci, and you will also get ten extra frames for this week's photoshoot!

LEO

Thank you!

[at the house]

RAVI

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"Be prepared to bear it all. Love, Yoonju."

NAEUN (confessional)

Oh god. I hope it's not....

[the next day, the models are taken to a beach]

HAN HYEYEON

Good morning everyone!

ALL

Good morning!

HAN HYEYEON

Welcome to Haeundae Beach in Busan. You all look really tired. But this is, of course, something that international models will have to do, because they will be travelling all the time. For the first time in a long time in Korea's Next Top Model, we are taking the photoshoots this cycle to the extreme. You will all be modelling for.....Adidas Swimwear! For the guys, briefs will be waiting, whilst for the ladies, two pieces will be waiting for you in the dressing room. So, are you all ready?

ALL

YES!!

HAN HYEYEON

Well then, let's go!

[at the house]

KYUNGRI

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"Tomorrow you will meet the judges. A special surprise awaits for you."

RAVI (confessional)

I wonder what surpise it is? I think we're going on vacation! Is it for real?

LEO (confessional)

Is this some fantasy? I'd love to go overseas!

[at panel]

JANG YOONJU

Hello!

ALL

Hello!

JANG YOONJU

Welcome to judging. You all know our lovely panel of judges: Han Hyeyeon, creative director, Lee Hyeju, editor of W Magazine, and Kim Wonjung, fashion model! As you all know, our prizes are a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid.

For this week's photoshoot you had to pose in Adidas Swimwear on Haeundae Beach and show off your beach bodies. First up is Leo.

[photo shows]

Amazing. This shot is beautiful, and the angles capture your body perfectly. A y set of pecs, and chocolate abs to die for, and lean but great muscle tone. You are y with your body, and you are amazing with your body.

LEO

Thank you!

JANG YOONJU

Naeun.

[photo shows]

I am surprised to see this photo come from you. You look scared.

HAN HYEYEON

I wanna congratulate her for actually doing the photoshoot. She was hesitant about whether she really wanted to do it.

JANG YOONJU

Really? Why is that Naeun?

NAEUN

I've just never imagined I would do a photoshoot like this whether I'd have to expose that much skin in a photo.

JANG YOONJU

Oh, I see. As people who've had lots of experience in the fashion industry, for the time being, we respect your morals and beliefs. BUT. The industry does not, and it will throw you out the building. This is something that you will have to go against what you were raised to be, because this is something that models will have to do a lot.

Kyungri.

[photo shows]

Wow. Looks like a Sports Illustrated magazine cover! I can imagine this going international. Your curvy figure is captured beautifully and at the same time, you are selling the swimsuit. Well done.

Ravi.

[photo shows]

Well, Ravi, I guess last week was an unlucky week, because for this one, you have a banging body, and you have had it captured really well! I can imagine this going on Men's Health or something like that. You look tall, muscular, and you are definitely selling the swimsuit. Well done.

Nana.

[photo shows]

I don't like the way that you pout in this. It makes you look like a duck. And the eyes are very squinty, it doesn't make the picture look good.

NANA

I have really sensitive eyes, and the sunlight was getting in the my face, so.

JANG YOONJU

Oh, I see. Well tell you what. I have a trick that I will share with you. Close your eyes when the photographer gets the camera ready. Open your eyes at the click of the camera. Like this. 1, 2, Bam. 1, 2, Bam. That way you'll save a lot of effort for both the photographer and you.

Last but not least is Zelo.

[photo shows]

It is a nice photo. But I think you could have given us more energy, and turned your body towards the camera, just so that it looks more like a modelling photo and not just any old photo on vacation.

Now it is time for the judges to deliberate, and when I call you back I will announce who will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

[after deliberation]

JANG YOONJU

6 beautiful models stand before me. The photos I have represent the models that will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

Best photograph goes to....

Leo.

Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

LEO

Thank you!

JANG YOONJU

Runner up for best photo goes to...

Kyungri.

Ravi.

Zelo.

Will Nana and Naeun please step forward?

[both step forward]

Two beautiful girls stand before me. Who stays in this competition? The girl who has a y face and body, and has been taking consistently strong photos, but this week suddenly fell flat? Or the girl who has been starting to progress, but fell flat this week?

You two were both at the top of the pack. But now you stand before me at the bottom. With modelling, it is very fast and quick paced. You have to be on track. You have to be in sync with the photographer. You have to be fierce. You have to be READY. But the judges were so disappointed in you two, that tonight, both of you must pack your bags.

[Kyungri and Zelo gasps.]

Because....

[pulls out something]

We.........are.......

.....going to Italy!

[pulls out Tricolore flag]

[Naeun and Nana turn towards one another in shock and surprise as they gape.]

The judges felt that maybe this was a bad week for both of you, but felt that we should still give both of you a chance. Naeun and Nana, congratulations, you are still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

LEO (confessional)

Holy crap, that's what I call a surprise!

NANA (confessional)

I'm such an idiot for falling for it. I will definitely not let myself down this time.

NAEUN (confessional)

I thought I was gonna go home. But I'm so glad I'm not. We're all going to Italy!!!

RAVI (confessional)

Ciao!

[shows fadeout]

NEXT EPISODE:

NAEUN

We're in Italy!

LEO

This is a dream!

JANG YOONJU

You make too many excuses.