The Girls Who Refuse To Do The Photoshoot

Korea's Next Top Model, Guys and Girls (K-POP EDITION)

JANG YOONJU

Previously on Korea's Next Top Model, the models all landed in Italy, and were given a challenge to do by fashion icon, Giuseppe de Rossi, in which they had to walk wearing his collection, and Kyungri won the challenge. Then the models had a photoshoot where they posed as Roman kings and queens, and Leo won best photo. Zelo and Nana landed in the bottom two, but Zelo was sent home.

5 models remain, each vieing for the top prizes: a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid. Who will be eliminated tonight?

[Intro plays, showing contestants all dressed in black and posing on geometric three dimensional structures in order:

LEO

KYUNGRI

EUAERIN

MINHO

RAVI

UEE

YOOYOUNG

NANA

KAI

CHANYEOL

NARA

HYUNGSIK

SOOYOUNG

ZELO

NAEUN

SUNGYEOL

Cut to Jang Yoon Ju, standing in front of all the models.]

[at the house]

LEO (confessional)

My stay in Italy has so far been so good. I've won best photo.

NANA (confessional)

I am so pissed off that I was in the bottom two twice in a row. I need to slay this competition.

KYUNGRI

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"Modelling is art. Art is modelling. Love, Yoonju."

[the next day]

HAN HYEYEON

Hi models!

ALL

Hi!

HAN HYEYEON

Welcome to the National Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art! Here, you all see all sorts of art, modern to new. Assisting us all in this challenge is artist Franco Armetello.

FRANCO ARMETELLO

Hi! For this challenge, you all will be given a chance to enjoy your tour around the gallery. However, you all will have to take inspiration from the art you saw at the gallery and translate that into art for your photos, which will be your challenge. Are you all excited?

ALL

Yes!

FRANCO ARMETELLO

Well, let's go!

[after tour and challenge]

Well, that was amazing! Naeun, I think you looked elegant and were trying to redo Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa's smile, especially with that naturally beautiful smile of yours, and Ravi, you have a quirky sense of style, and I see how you were trying to incorporate some Picasso-esque vibes into your pictures. But, I have chosen one winner. And that winner is.....Naeun.

NAEUN

Thank you so much!

FRANCO ARMETELLO

Congratulations! You get to take this lovely painting home. Also, you will get a painting, drawn and painted by me!

NAEUN

How cool is that!

[at the house]

RAVI

YOONJU MAIL!

ALL

"Sometimes, models have to go to the extreme. We are trying something this cycle something we have never done before. Love, Yoonju."

RAVI

Holy crap! I can't wait! I'd do anything!

[the next day]

HAN HYEYEON

Good morning babies!

ALL

Good morning!

HAN HYEYEON

You all managed to learn how to make photos look artistic yesterday. And we are definitely gonna take that to the next level. For the first time in Korea's Next Top Model history, we are taking art and making it advanced in this photoshoot. Now you all had a chance to look at art, and see about how beautifully the figures are all captured, in particular Michelangelo's David and Venus. Of course, one wouldn't have a fashionable photoshoot complete in Europe, where it is considered normal, without one catch. Because this is all art.

You models will be posing......

[all gape]

For you, Leo and Ravi, you will be embodying David, and you ladies, Kyungri, Naeun and Nana will be Venus.

NAEUN (confessional)

She said we'll be posing . Oh no!

NANA (confessional)

Oh. No. This isn't happening.

NANA 

Hi Hyeyeon.

HAN HYEYEON

Hey what's up?

NANA

I have something to say.

HAN HYEYEON

Okay, what is it?

NANA

I.....I......I don't think I want to do the photoshoot.

HAN HYEYEON

Why not?

NANA

I don't feel comfortable posing .

HAN HYEYEON

But when you are a model this is something you'll have to do. Especially models that go international, and in Europe, it's common and artistic. Just because it's a photoshoot don't take it as if it's a ographic shoot, because this is artistic, and it is meant to look powerful and beautiful.

NANA

I know. I know. But I am still not going to do it.

NAEUN

Yeah, neither will I.

HAN HYEYEON

[sigh] Do you two really want to be here?

BOTH

Yes. 

NAEUN

But we will just skip the photoshoot this once. We don't want to pose .

HAN HYEYEON (confessional)

For a model like that to say 'no' to something that could possibly win her like, a million dollars, that is one of the most unattractive things a model could say to a client. This photoshoot was made specially for Nana because of her glamorous look and figure, but their attitudes disappointed me. I am definitely going to have a serious talk with them in panel.

[after the photoshoot]

NANA (confessional)

Naeun and I chose not to do the photoshoot. But I think I have a high chance of staying because I am better than her, so I am not nervous at all. It's just one photoshoot after all. It's not like I missed five.

KYUNGRI

YOONJU MAIL!

RAVI

"Tomorrow you will meet with the judges. Only 4 will continue the journey towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Love, Yoonju."

[at judging]

JANG YOONJU

Hello!

ALL

Hello!

JANG YOONJU

Welcome back to judging. You all know our lovely panel of judges: Han Hyeyeon, creative director, Lee Hyeju, editor of W Magazine, Kim Wonjung, fashion model, and guest judge, Franco Armetello! As you all know, our prizes are a cash prize of 100 million won, a modelling contract with Next Models, a cover shoot and editorial in W Magazine Korea, a 10 page spread in Ceci magazine, and a 3 month working trip to New York City, all expenses paid.

For this photoshoot, you all had to do something that Korea's Next Top Model never has done before, not even once, in the history of this show's existence: a shoot and pose as Michelangelo's David and Venus. But only three of you participated. Ravi.

[photo shows]

Amazing. Your abs and pecs are popping out, and you were definitely calm, composed and playful in this shoot. You are a y man, and that iness captured in the shoot. Other than that, it looks artistic and amazing.

Leo.

[photo shows]

This is so artistic. I love this photo. You look very peaceful, longing, and at the same time, you look great.

Kyungri.

[photo shows]

This is so gorgeous! You are gorgeous with your body, and you are y with your body. At the same time, this is a definite piece of art. You remind me of Kim Daul in this photo. Well done.

I would call Naeun and Nana up front, but you two decided not to do the shoot. And why is that?

NAEUN

I never would want to pose , no matter how much money I will make, no matter which agency I am presented with.

NANA

I don't feel this is me.

HAN HYEYEON

I am really disappointed in you two. This is just like taking a large wad of money and simply throwing it away. If you do act like this, then you might as well choose a different profession, because this is part of becoming a model. This shoot was made specially for you Nana, since you have a glamorous face and body, but since you thrown away that chance, you ultimately wasted your time, as well as inevitably the photographer's, the makeup artists', and our time. We are really disappointed in you both.

JANG YOONJU

Thank you ladies. The judges and I will now deliberate, and when we call you back, we will announce who will still be in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

[after judging]

JANG YOONJU

5 beautiful models stand before me. But only 4 will continue on the journey towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model. Best photograph goes to....

Ravi.

Ravi, bravo on this photo, and finally getting first callout! It's absolutely beautiful. Congratulations, you're still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

RAVI

Thank you so much!

JANG YOONJU

Runner up for best photo goes to....

Leo.

Kyungri.

Will Nana and Naeun please step forward?

[both step forward]

2 beautiful ladies stand before me. I would have a photo in my hands, but because you both chose not to participate in the photoshoot, it could be a blank photo of you, Nana, or it could be a blank photo of you, Naeun.

This week's judging was very interesting. Because we decided to evaluate you both this week in terms of overall body of work, personality, attitude, and potential to grow.

Naeun, you have taken some nice photos, not as strong as Nana's, although you have secured one best photo, but the judges find you memorable.

Nana, you are now no longer a stranger to the bottom two. You have at first continue to deliver strong and beautiful pictures, but for the last couple of weeks, you fell flat, and we thought that this photoshoot might be a chance to boost up your progress, especially with a beautiful face and body like yours, but you threw that chance away. The judges are also worried that the pressure of the competition may be getting to you, and that you can no longer take it, and you have missed the brief on several occasions. But what the judges came to realise is that you make too many excuses.

So who stays?

[pulls out a blank photo]

Naeun.

KYUNGRI

[breathes in huge relief] Finally!

LEO

At last!

RAVI

About time that snotty went home!

JANG YOONJU

The judges were disappointed that you didn't do the photoshoot, but the judges feel that there is potential, and maybe you have the package of what it takes to win the competition. Take this, use this as your chance. Congratulations, you are still in the running towards becoming Korea's Next Top Model.

NAEUN

Thank you!

JANG YOONJU

Nana, we think that there is a wide career ahead of you. Many doors, and many opportunities will open for you. So take what you learned in the competition, and then you will blossom into the Top Model that we all know that you can become.

[at the house]

NANA

I'm really like, pissed off! Because I think that I am better than the other models here.

[shows before and after photo, then whole portfolio]

I love modelling more than all the other wannabes here. They are not even models. That stupid Leo and Ravi are just a pair of flirty flower boys, Kyungri is a hoe, and Naeun is just a Barbie wannabe who should have gotten her out of here instead of me, since I am so much better than her, and I take better photos than her. I am gonna go back to Korea and model, and learn to model, definitely without having to pose , and I don't like any of these wannabes, they are all amateurs and fake and stupid, and I never made any genuine friendships here. And I don't give a about what they do now. They can do whatever they want and I don't ever need to worry about interacting with them.

[shows fadeout, Nana fades out]

NEXT EPISODE:

LEO

I'm so happy she's gone!

HAN HYEYEON

You have 3 hours! Go, go, go!

JANG YOONJU

Hmmm...maybe the competition is getting tough.