Talking To My Old Friend

I'll Destroy You in 17 Possible Ways

After first class was over, Mihyun came by to check on me. She didn't stay long though and she headed back to the classroom. She then came back during lunch time and brought me my lunchbox and made me company.

"So did any of those s do anything to you?" I asked her, concerned, as I ate a spoonful of rice.

"No, they're actually acting weird. And I heard them asking around if anyone knew anything about you or your family. They even asked me."

"And what did you say?"

"That you didn't have a mom because she died when you were little." Mihyun stopped to think and then continued: "I also said that your dad hasn't been around for a few months now and that you have an older brother."

"What about Hyemi?"

"They asked nothing about step-family so I didn't mention her."

"Hmm... okay. I'm glad you didn't lie. I want to see if they try to use anything against me because - let's face it - we both know they're coming after me anytime soon."

"After what you did to Hansol? Absolutely. But... what do I do if they keep on asking about you today, while you're here?"

"Tell them whatever they want to know. Nothing will make them have power over me."

"I know that." a huge smile appeared on her face making her eye smile come up as well.

"Aigoo, such a cute dongsaeng~"

She looked at me with a sad glare and I just laughed.

"It's not funny. I'm just younger by a few months!"

"Oh I know, I know. But you looked so cute I had to!"

Suddenly the door bursted open and Hyemi walked in.

"I know you're not really a fan of my mom and you try to ignore me but as your older sister--"

"Step-sister." I interrupted and corrected her.

"Fine, as your older step-sister, I came here to check on you. I heard the guys from my class talk about Mihyun so I figured you had stepped in and I was right." looking at my leg she asked "How's that? What appened?"

​"I'm glad you're worrying about me but I'm fine. And they'll pay for it."

She smirked. "I know they will. It's not like you to let these kind of thing blow off by themselves."

"See? You do know my after all."

"If you need anything just call me." and with that Hyemi walked out of the nurse's room.

Mihyun immediately looked at me.

"That reminds me. I brought you this." she handed me a paper note. "Someone left it under your desk. I found it when I was putting your stuff away. I didn't read it though. Don't worry." she looked at her watch "Well, time to go back to class. This of having classes without you is ty to be honest."

"Come on, Class President. That's not the way you should be talking."

"Oh, shut up. God, why do I need to be so smart? I hate having so much responsibilities!"

We both laughed and she said goodbye.

"Wait!" she turned around "Don't wait for me after classes are over. I have something to do and I have a ride back home. See you tomorrow, Minmi-panda!"

​She nodded, waved goodbye and went back to class. I took the opportunity of being alone - since the nurse was still eating - and read the note Mihyun had given me. "Sorry about Hansol. Meet me at the library after classes." That was all that was written on that piece of paper. But it was enough to know who it was from.

 

The bell rang letting everyone know that classes were over for the day. The nurse gave me my backpack and crutches. I put my handphone on my jacket pocket and headed out.

After a few halls I arrived at our school library. It was as full of students as it usually is after classes are over. They were either doing their homework or studying or working on group projects.

On a table alone was the person from which the paper was from. I sat next to him trying not to drive any attention to us since - technically - we didn't know each other. And we were enemies now... since he was from SEVENTEEN.

"Sorry that I took so long. Thanks to your friend Hansol I need to use crutches."

"How's your leg?" he asked.

"It's fine. The nurse gave me some painkillers so everything is alright for now. So, why did you want to meet? Do you have anything to tell me?"

"Yeah, I do. I heard Seungcheol and Wonwoo talking about revenge. I know they won't do anything that bad - since you're a girl - but they know you can fight, so be careful. I know we haven't talked in a long time but you're still my friend even if the guys don't know."

 

FLASHBACK to the scene of the fight

 

He quickly got up and tried to punch me in the stomach but I stopped his hand and elbowed his chest and punched his chin making him trip again. But this time Wonwoo and Mingyu came to his rescue and supported him. But it wasn't ending there. I charged at him but Seungcheol held my shoulders from behind. When did he get there? 

"I don't think so, Minhee. I might like messing with a girl but I don't like hitting them so just pick up your friend and leave now." he ordered and threw me on the floor next to Mihyun. He's really strong, dammit.

I looked at Jihoon. He had a worried expression on his face. But he knew - and so did I - that he could do nothing. The other guys couldn't know he was my friend. At least not now.

Without me seeing it coming Hansol kicked my leg. I whined and rubbed my leg. I instantly ignored everyone else and looked at Mihyun and she was crying.

 


END of flashback

 

"I know, Jihoon. I know that. But at least you came here to help me. I can handle this on my own, you know that. Just wait for it. I'm going to destroy them in all ways possible."