The holiday you wished for

Crush or Crushed?

8czKnoLKi.jpg

Your body was sprawled across the couch. "Ugh," you groaned frustratedly, face buried in a pillow. You were supposed to feel good about finally reaching home, finally getting your holiday started. Running a frustrated hand through your already tousled hair, a sigh escaped your lips. You were supposed to feel happy, relieved, glad, anything positive. However here you are feeling confused as 

 

It was that guy named luhan who messed with your head. The image of his oh-so-vibrant smile just wouldn't exit your mind. He wasn't annoyed at me? No one seemed to like talking to me after 5 minutes. It was sadly true. People didn't talk to you after the first time they did. Maybe because you weren't really open. Or maybe it was just because you were boring.

 

You winced bitterly at that thought. You were boring. Propping your chin up on your elbow, you shook your head slightly. This was such a wrong timing. It's college you were attending. College. The path to university. You didn't want to screw it up just because of your feelings. You were afraid you might be hurt emotionally and thus become unable to concentrate in class. Because if you liked him for a long time only to find out that the feelings weren't mutual... yeah.

 

You thought about how you ended up liking someone you were totally disinterested in for the past semester. You couldn't even remember his name until today, despite the multiple times new comers had to introduce themselves. In just a short span of half a day, you had a little, just a tiny little bit of feelings for Luhan. Albeit you weren't too sure yourself.

 

Maybe it wasn't how you think it was. It could be that you just liked him as a friend. Friend? If that was so... that would make him your first friend in the new school.

 

You nodded. That must be it. It can't be that you like Luhan. At least not yet. It was the first time a boy had sat beside you, talked to you, laughed with you and joked around with you. Was having close male friend supposed to be like this?

 

It was the first time you felt like this. You couldn't even explain how you felt. It was a mixture of many many different feelings. Too many to the point you were confused. Utterly confused. It was the confusion that made you frustrated because it just wouldn't vanish. The day was filled with first times. 

 

"Oh my god," you groaned, slapping your palm on your forehead. You had to do something to stop thinking about this luhan boy. Pacing back and forth in the living room, you were trying so hard to fish out something you could do to keep your mind distracted. From a certain someone.

 

You were about to grab your hair in annoyance when you looked up. The corner of your lips curled up. In your field of vision was your study table. How could I have forgotten all the holiday assignments? You were grinning wide, confident that you would be able to throw the image of luhan's smile out of your head. Determined, you sat at your study table and started to work on them.


 

But it didn't happen.

 

His smile was imprinted in your mind. 

 

What is going on with me?

 

The week passed by quickly; way too fast for your liking as that marked the end of your important holiday that was ruined by a certain someone. For the whole week, literally, you never stopped thinking about him. Never. And you were freaking out. From this whole situation, all the feelings. Everything felt so foreign to you. You simply couldn't understand how a stranger you had barely met for half a day affected you for so long- and even now he still did. 

 

You realized for the entire time, you had so many questions lingering in your head. Which class was he in? What subjects did he take? What level is he in? What is his age? You, the Zi Xiao who was never interested in the lives of other people, were curious about a boy you had barely met.

 

Walking into the last cabin of the train, you tried to recall what he had said on the bus that day.

 

He had an older brother. He liked anime. He was your age, but he never told you his birthday. That was all you could recall. The reason was too clear and ridiculous you were embarrassed of yourself: You were to focused on how he looked when he smiled at you. You shook your head mildly, chuckling internally. I must've looked like an idiot.

 

With the same old dull and uninterested face, eyes fixated on the ground as always, you walked same boring path that led you to the bus stop. But before you even reached-

 

"Hi," You looked up. Every question you had in mind disappeared. All you could see was that smile that messed with your head for the entire week, destorying your holiday with ease. However, you felt happy just seeing it. You were sure right now that you weren't sane. 

 

"Hi," You smiled back, a little too much for the anti-social Zi Xiao who only gave awkward smiles. What's got into me? Then you saw that girl beside him. She had been always beside him. What was their relationship? Are they a couple? The thought of you liking a boy who was committed in another relationship made you feel disgusted of yourself.

 

The more you thought about it, the more you disliked the conclusion you came to. They were always laughing together. They go to school together. They were so comfortable with each other. Too comfortable to not be a couple. You shrugged while your shoulders slumped. 

 

You found out her name was He Fang while they chatted away. You didn't join in though, the bus was crowded and you didn't like the surroundings at all. It was noisy, messy, suffocating... it ruined your mood. You didn't like it when there were too many people- strangers- around you. Thus you stayed quiet. As quiet as the normal you would be. It felt nice to feel like you were- finally- acting normal. Only on the outside though, your mind still wasn't sane.

 

What if Luhan and He Fang were an item? Would that make you... a third wheel?

 

You squeezed your eyes shut. That didn't sound right. Being a third wheel didn't sound right at all. You despised that label. There was no way you would break a relationship. Maybe I should stop before it's too late.

 

A sudden halt of the bus snapped you out of your deep thoughts. You gazed out of the window to find out you had reached your stop. Just as you turned around, your ears picked up a few, very very important words from their conversation.

 

"They always think we're either a couple or siblings," Luhan laughed and shook his head. 

 

"Right? I don't think we even look alike, how can they think we're siblings? We're just best friends!" He fang waved her hand, finding those assumptions absolutely ridiculous.

 

That clearly answered your question. They weren't a couple. Your eyes immediately lit up woth hope. You could like him as much as you wanted and nothing would be wrong about that. God, you so felt relieved. Smiling, you hopped off the bus after the two.

 

--

 

It was wednesday.

 

You anxiously tapped your finger on the table, eyes fixed on the watch on your wrist, chin rested on your other palm. The lecturer was concluding the chapter but your mind was too occupied to even process whatever had been said. You were only waiting to hear two words. Two very nice sounding words.

 

"Class dismissed!"

 

You packed fast- in fact too fast- and left the class, making your way to the cafeteria which somehow seemed to take so long today. Or maybe you were just impatient.

 

Wednesday meant band practice. Band practice meant sitting with your section. And sitting with your section meant...

 

You smiled unknowingly. You bought a cup of Sjora as you didn't feel hungry. After enjoying the cold mango peach beverage, you made your way up to the practice room.

 

Opening the door acute enough just for you to enter without gaining attention, you slipped into the room. It was crowded with band members happily chatting away before practice officially started. Your eyes scanned the crowd to look for a certain someone for... god knows why.

 

And then you saw him. He seemed really social judging from the amount of people who talked to him. And he seemed to be quite popular with girls since most of the people who talked to him were females. Oh well. He looks cute. You nodded your head slightly as you couldn't agree more. Knowing that you weren't close with anyone else, you chose to place your bag on a seat of an empty row. To make your presence less awkward since people wouldn't try to talk to you.

 

Then practice started. You enjoyed playing the two main pieces the band had been practicing since you entered as they were for a Youth Arts Presentation for all the schools nation wide. But what you enjoyed more was the fact that he sat beside you throughout practice. Occassionally he would talk to you, crack jokes and easily make you laugh. How does he do it? You don't even laugh at your best friend's (from your previous school) jokes. You were puzzled at your own reactions.

 

As much as you hated to, you let your feelings grow deeper and you didn't know if all this was going to crush your world in the end.

 

8czKnoLKi.jpg


hai

these were all events from march. 

I tried my best to be as elaborative as I could. I ate while doing this hehe. 

I don't even know who I'm talking to. Yoohoo. anyone reading?

No comments to depend on, I'm not even sure if my writing is up to standard.

Hopefully I get some comments soon!

1621 words. LOL. I hope yall enjoy this..... story without a plot. Let life decide how my crush will affect my world. LAUGHS.