Encounter

Crush or Crushed?

8czKnoLKi.jpg

 

Going to school on a public holiday was never in your favor. You painfully dragged your worn-out body out of bed, groaning about how you have one day less to rest after one very hectic semester. It's been only your first month of college and yet you were already tired of school. What made you dread school more was the fact that you were naturally anti-social, meaning you didn't have any friends in band. Yes, band.

 

You joined the symphonic band ever since you were in your first year of secondary school. Needless to say, you absolutely loved the experience. Being a part of playing a harmonious song and watching the audience sway to the music has always made you feel contented, satisfied and proud. The best part is, of course, knowing that the audience are enjoying the piece. Thus, you didn't hesitate and applied to join the band in your new school.

 

All was well, you got to play the instrument you've had four years of experience with- the Clarinet. Your section mates were friendly. They didn't mind how awkward you were, god even your smile was awkward. To be honest, you didn't even intend to smile in the first place. You survived the first semester fine without even having half a friend anyway. But they smiled at you first so not returning a smile would make you seem cocky. You didn't want to give off that kind of first impression.

 

The reason why you had to attend school on a god damned holiday was because of band. As much as you loved band, you desperately wanted to rest. "Screw it," you mumbled as you changed into your uniform.

 

It would be nice if your school was near your house but no, it just had to be in the West and you live in the North. That means you'll have to take one hour to get there and vice versa. That's not the point of why you're whining so much though.

 

You check your phone for the time and coincidentally, a message from the band group popped up in your notifications tab. You rolled your eyes and pressed the icon, proceeding to read the content. It was a reminder. You are to reach school by 7:00AM.

 

God damn it.

 

You were expected to wake up even earlier than 6:00AM just to prepare for school, and that's whats making you pissed- having your sleep taken away just like that.

 

And so you didn't comply. Instead of waking up at 5:30AM, you woke up at 6:00AM which is, by the way, still too early for a holiday.

 

You were sure as hell you could've missed your stop if you fell into a deep sleep. Keeping your eyes open was harder than sight reading base clef sheets at that moment. You got off the train and boarded a bus to your school, taking a seat and right in front of you sat a girl and a boy. They looked so familiar, but you couldn't really figure who they were until you saw them holding music scores. Oh. They didn't look like a couple, though.

 

"Hey," the friendly girl attempted to start a conversation, but being the stiff and anti-social person, you simply didn't know how to keep the conversation going.

 

"Hi," You greeted back in a soft voice.

 

The guy seated beside her than turned around and how could I have not noticed, he was your section mate. He smiled at you and you ree.

 

They tried to keep you involved in their conversation, but their energy level was too high for you to accommodate to due to the lack of sleep. You reached ten minutes later than the reporting time but do you think I honestly care? Surprisingly, the seniors didn't care more than you did. You were expecting some form of punishment but nah, you bet no one would notice your presence. Perks of being anti-social. 

 

After the band was done with setting up their instruments, you had to board the school catered bus to the school the band was going to have an exchange with. That's not the main point here. Everyone here have formed their own cliques and there's you. Hi, loner. You knew you were doomed to sit alone in the bus. Or so you thought.

 

You got on the bus and swiftly chose an empty seat, leaning your head against the window and wishing no one would give you any funny looks. You internally groaned as people passed by the empty seat beside you and chatted away happily with their seatmates. But if someone constantly talks to me I would be pretty much annoyed, so why not I take this time to sleep? You liked that idea. You then closed your heavy lidded eyes and slid into a comfortable sleeping position before someone broke your peace. Fuc-

 

"Hi," He smiled as he took the seat beside you. Damn he looks cute. How does one swear at a cute-looking guy with enormous hazelnut orbs? And why would a cute guy sit next to me? You were pleasantly surprised. If anyone had sat next to you in rare history it would only be your best friend whom, needless to say, is a girl.

 

Why is he staring at me though? You realized you've been staring straight at him for about 2 minutes now. Your cheeks were embarrassingly flushed and your lips have been awkwardly parted ever since he greeted you.

 

"Hi," You smiled back awkwardly. How can such a cute guy be a loner? Then you started to think you've seen him somewhere before. He looked so familiar.

 

"Are you the girl who sat behind me in the bus this morning?" Holy mother of art how could I have not realized I have a cute boy like this in the same section I've been in for the past semester?

 

"No wonder you kinda looked familiar," You chuckled nervously. It's the first time a guy has ever chosen a seat next to you despite the many other vacant seats. You liked it a lot.

 

"So what's your name?"

 

"Zi Xiao and you are?"

 

"Luhan. Nice to meet you," You exchanged smiles. You liked how he smiled at you so close up.

 

It's the first time a guy has ever held a conversation with you for more than 5 minutes. You both literally talked throughout the entire bus ride. And guess what? You weren't annoyed, god you didn't even feel sleepy anymore. All you wanted to do was to continue talking to him.

 

You spent the whole time being around him because now, you finally made a friend. A really nice- and handsome- guy.

 

On the return journey, you both- somehow- ended up sitting next to each other again. You chattered away but soon, drowsiness soon took over you and unwillingly, you fell asleep. 

 

Your head shot up as you felt something wriggle in your arms. Then you realized. It was your bottle and someone was trying to wake you up in a playful manner. You looked right and holy , you saw Luhan trying to hold in his laughter. Again I ask, how does one swear at a cute-looking guy with enormous hazelnut orbs? 

 
You laughed heartily at his childish actions. How you liked this bo- Wait, what? Your eyes flung wide open. It can't be. For the past 17 years of your life, you've never liked boys in that way. 
 
There was only one word to describe how you currently felt: shocked.
 
 
8czKnoLKi.jpg
 

The first day I actually talked to him after so many band pactices, it's indeed true I'm really anti-social. Not that I don't like making friends, just that I don't like having too much people around me. Anyone feels me? laughs

By the way, a band exchange is just an event in which different bands gather together and present a few pieces for each other to enjoy their music.

First chappie, 1261 words. I don't know if this is long enough but yeah. I described and explained everything that happened that day. Inititally I wanted to make this a one-shot but I realized it wasn't possible. I want to write down every bit of whatever I've felt being around this... guy who shook my heart. My mind is in a mess right now lol. Thanks crush.

Since this is based on a real life story, updates will only come in when something new happens. Which is pretty fast. We're in the same school anyway chuckles.

Don't die from the fluff okay.

Zi xiao is not my real name, if you were wondering. Zi xiao means purple heavens. Why I named myself Zi Xiao? I love purple. Heaven, its such a beautiful place I imagine. It's calm. And I want my life to be calm, steady, I want it to be right.

First fic. Hope you'd enjoy the story of a 17 year old who finally has a crush.

And I don't know if we're even gonna end up together. It depends on.... "Luhan".

Bye!