--- wednesday afternoon ---

Rare moments should be treasured | U-BOMB fanfic

Acting like nothing happened is not what Yukwon and Minhyuk wanted, but it still turned out that way.
When they came home from the studio they went to bed like usual, and they woke up the next morning and followed their normal routine; just like usual. They talked like they normally would and acted as they normally would. They pretended that the kiss simply didn't happen, and it tore both of their hearts to bits.

But when Yukwon looked away, Minhyuk looked at him with begging eyes, and vice versa. They longed for each other so badly, but they were simply too... afraid, to realize it.

Yukwon stood by the kitchen counter with a butter knife in one hand and a piece of toast in the other. Originally he was supposed to make himself some toast, but he wasn't hungry anymore. Do you know that feeling when you simply can't eat because something so much more important is occupying your mind? That's the feeling.
He put the toast and knife down and sat down by the kitchen table instead, pulling out his phone so he could have something to fiddle with.

Minhyuk entered the room and felt shivers run down his spine as he saw Yukwon by the table. He noticed the unfinished food on the counter and glanced over at Yukwon.

"Is that yours?" He asked, pointing towards the toast.
Yukwon looked up from his phone and nodded, "Yeah, but I'm not hungry. I'll clean up."
"You need to eat." Minhyuk said, a worried tone in his voice.
"I'm not hungry." Yukwon repeated, shrugging.

Minhyuk sighed silently, feeling somewhat guilty.
"Look, Yukwon, we gotta talk about yest-"

"What's up 'yall?" Zico interrupted, entering the kitchen overdramatically, just like he normally would. Minhyuk shut up and smiled to Zico. "Hey." he said.
Zico gave him a nod walked over to the fridge and opened it, grabbing the milk and drinking straight from the bottle.

Yukwon took this chance to flee the situation, so he stood up and left the room, even though he wants to talk to Minhyuk more than anything else. It just didn't feel right. Nothing felt right anymore.
Yukwon could feel his heart beating in his throat, and he had to bite the insides of his lip to prevent himself from crying.

He brushed past Taeil, who stood by the TV, trying to fix it because it has been broken for the past few days.
Unfortunately, the older male noticed the distressed look on Yukwon's face.

"Hey, hey, Yukwon." Taeil said, his voice filled with worry. He grabbed Yukwon by the shirt and stopped him in his tracks.
"What's wrong, are you alright?"
Too many questions, Yukwon thought as he nodded to Taeil.
"I don't believe you." Taeil muttered, frowning a as he looked his younger friend up and down. "Come here."

Taeil led Yukwon into one of the two bedrooms, closing the door behind him. Taeil sat down on his bed and Yukwon followed.

"Did you and Minhyuk fight?" Taeil asked, "You're both acting so weird."

Weird? Weren't they carrying on as usual?

"Well," Yukwon sighed, his heart throbbing in his throat, "We kind of fought... I guess. I just want to talk to him... But... It's so hard."

Taeil nodded. "Wait here. And don't move, okay?"
Yukwon didn't get the time to answer before Taeil had run out of the room. He closed the door behind and Yukwon sat there, a bit confused. Very confused, actually.

After about five minutes of complete and utter silence, the door opened and Minhyuk stumbled inside, almost falling, and then the door closed. The lock went click behind him.

Yukwon stared at Minhyuk, who stared back. They were both feeling extremely awkward, but they knew there was no going back. Literally. Taeil locked the door, and there is no other escape route in the room.

"Hey." Minhyuk said, rubbing his neck nervously.
"Hello." Yukwon answered quietly, fidgeting with his hands in his lap, his eyes fixed on his fingers.

It was like a scene from a cheesy romantic drama - and it felt like one too. Minhyuk felt like he had to say something, because it was clear Yukwon didn't dare to. The problem with this, is that Minhyuk also didn't dare to say anything. Not after Yukwon left when he tried to talk to him.

So, he followed his instincts and walked over to Yukwon, sitting on his knees before him, grabbing his hands gently.
Yukwon looked at how Minhyuk gently kissed his hands; at how loving and careful he was being, and it slowly filled the holes in his heart.

Yukwon couldn't hold it back anymore. His lip started shaking, and tears blurred his vision. He slid down on the floor in front of Minhyuk and looked him in the eyes for a split second before he started sobbing, his cries filling the empty room. Minhyuk wrapped his arms around Yukwon and pulled him into a comforting hug, clenching his fists in his shirt.

Yukwon felt somewhat weak for crying, mostly because he didn't know the reason. Everything was blurry and confusing, and he had no idea what to do, so he just clung to the other male.

The older man felt guilty; technically it was his fault. Instead of talking about what happened to Yukwon, he had ignored the situation and fled.

"I'm sorry," Minhyuk muttered, burying his face in Yukwon's neck, "I'm so sorry Yukwon."

"Shut up," Yukwon chuckled, shaking his head a little. "Don't say anything."

Minhyuk pulled away from Yukwon and looked at him the same way he had the night before. He leaned in closer, and again their lips locked, but this time it was more gentle, a contrast to the first kiss. It was slow and almost sloppy, their tongues lazily dancing, hands finding each other and intertwining their fingers together.

Minhyuk slowly turned Yukwon around and laid him down on the floor, climbing on top of him, still holding both of his hands.

They were so caught up in the moment that they didn't hear the lock turn and the door open.