007. Fired

Hey Mr. Gangster!

Eunsul watched Kris and the five guys at the living room from the corner of her eyes. She tried to snoop on their conversation but failed miserably. Eunsul continued to pour the orange juice that she was making for guys carefully, not wanting the content to spill from the glass.

“Need any help?”

A voice sounded behind her, making the girl gasped before turning around. She furrowed her eyebrows as Kris stood directly in front of her. “God, you scared me.” She scolded him while holding her chest as a sign that he had shocked her greatly. Kris smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Sorry... I didn’t mean to.” He apologised, chuckling slightly as the latter just rolled her eyes before turning her whole attention towards the unfinished orange juice. Kris leaned over her right shoulder to take a peek on what she’s making.

Eunsul body tensed as she felt his chin touched her shoulder. “What are you trying to do?” She hissed as he didn’t move his head from her. Kris turned his head towards the girl, making Eunsul tensed even more. Who wouldn’t right? His face is practically closed on the side of hers.

“What?” Kris asked innocently, staring at the girl brown orbs. Eunsul blushed as she can felt his hot breath on her right cheek. She moved a little bit away towards her left, trying to move away from him. “The juices are done.” She yelped as she moved away from him.

Eunsul walked towards one of the cupboard there, hiding her red cheeks. Honestly, this is the first time she was that close with a guy, and she hates that tingling feelings. “Where did you put the tray?” She asked him upon realising that there is not even one tray inside the brown cupboard.

Kris leaned his body on the kitchen counter. He rubbed his chin. “At the top shelf, on your right.” He told her the position of the tray. Eunsul bit her lips as she walked towards the said shelf, not liking the fact that Kris was staring at her.

“Here?” She asked, trying to find any words that can ease the upcoming awkwardness between them which was only her can felt it. Kris nodded his head and watched silently as the girl stood on her tip toes to reach the white tray inside the top shelf.

Eunsul clenched her teeth as she stretched her arms, cursing slightly as the tips of fingers barely touched the end of the tray. She pouted as she heard the tall giant chuckled at her. She turned around and glared at him. “Help me.” She spoke sharply, commanding him to help her taking the tray.

Kris laughed before walking towards her, without even waiting for the girl to move around, Kris leaned his body towards her and took the tray swiftly. Eunsul heartbeat raced faster as she can smell Kris’s minty scent. She ducked her face as she realised that his chest was directly right in front of her.

“Why are you so red?” Kris asked her even though he knew the exact reason why did she become so red. Eunsul ignored him and took the tray away from him. “I am not.” She replied before hastily put the seven glasses on the tray and took it towards the living room where the five guys were chatting loudly.

Eunsul took a seat on the single couch there, slowly regretting her decision to leave Kris in the kitchen. The five guys stared at her awkwardly, not really know what they should say to start a conversation.

“Sorry about the incident earlier.” Eunsul finally spoke, apologising for her rude behaviour just now. Upon hearing her voice, Tao instantly smiled. “It’s okay nunna! We didn’t mind it at all. Chen ge is really weird and we all know that already.” Tao voiced out, making the said guy glared at him.

“Look! He is glaring at me. What a weirdo.” Tao continued bad mouthing his friend, and both of them ended up knocking each other’s head.

“Cut the childish act both of you.” Kris hissed as he walked from the kitchen. He stopped for a while and decided to take a seat beside Eunsul. Eunsul tensed instantly as the guy seat on the single couch with her. Thankfully both of them fit on the not too big couch, but still...

“He started it first ge!” Both of the guys spoke at the same time, making them argued even more. Kris sighed before turning his attention towards his ‘normal’ friends.

“So, what’s brought all of you here?” He asked his friends. Luhan his lips before opening his mouth to reply the blonde’s question. “They just wanted to apologise... about yesterday.” He spoke, more than mumbling but Kris ears were sharp enough to catch it.

Xiumin and Yixing smiled apologetically towards him. “We were very sorry Kris, we didn’t know that it’s hard for you to stop th-” Yixing paused his words as Kris cleared his throat loudly, not wanting him to continue the talk as Eunsul was there with them.

“Oh...” Yixing rubbed the back of his head.

“We will talk about this matter tomorrow.” Kris finally decided and the three of the guys just nodded their head.

Eunsul nibbled on her bottom lips as she observed how Kris did talked with his friends. He sounded very cold and formal. It seems like he didn’t enjoy their company. Eunsul was snapped out from her deep thought as Kris waved his hands in front of her face. She turned her head towards him and mouthed ‘what’ towards him.

“They’re asking you questions.” Kris rolled his eyes as he told her. He had been observing her and it was so obvious that she didn’t even paying any attention towards the questions that his friends had been asking her just now. “Uhh, sorry, what?” Eunsul stammered while turning her head towards his friends who were busied watching her.

They continued to talk, asking her questions about her personal life. At first, she was so awkward to answer it, but, upon realising how funny and easy-going they are, she answered their questions with any hesitation.

People’s right, we should never judge a book by its cover.

 

__________

 

Eunsul waved as the guys exited the apartment. They ended up staying there until 9 p.m and it’s a total lie if she said that she didn’t enjoy being with them. They were very funny and plus, they also welcomed her with an open arms. Eunsul walked back towards the living room and decided to tidy the messy living room as they had ordered six servings of spicy fried chicken and ate it together.

“They’ve already home?” Kris suddenly appeared behind her as she was picking up the dirty spoons and forks. Eunsul rubbed her chest before turning her head around to face the blonde. She glared at him, using the spoons to point them at him. “Why did you like to startle me that much?” She hissed at him before continuing her jobs earlier.

Kris chuckled slightly. He bent down to help the latter to tidy up the empty boxes of chicken and put it inside a plastic bag. Eunsul brought all of the plates towards the kitchen and put it inside the sink.

“Kris!” She yelled his name to call him from the kitchen.

Kris tied the plastic bag before heading towards the kitchen. He raised his eyebrow towards the girl while throwing the plastic bag into the dustbin. “Why did you call me?” He asked as he stood beside her in front of the sink to wash his hands.

“Do you have any apron?” She asked him as she wanted to wash the dishes. Kris splashed the remaining water towards her direction before walking away from her only to take out a two pairs of apron from a drawer near the fridge.

“Why did you splash me?” Eunsul yelled at him, feeling slightly furious because he had just splashed her with the water. He smiled sheepishly at her before handing her the orange apron he took just now. “Orange, your favourite.” Kris spoke. Eunsul swore that she can felt her anger had been washed away as she heard those words. He did remember?

Eunsul was snapped out from her deep, deep thought as Kris stated to turn on the faucet and began to soap and rinse the dishes. Eunsul quickly wore the orange apron and took the sponge away from him. “Let me do it.” She tried to stop him from washing the dishes, but he took the sponge back from her.

“Just wipe the dishes with a towel.” Kris spoke as his hands busied washing the dishes. “It will be easier and faster.” He added, and Eunsul just nodded her head and start to wipe the dishes, not wanting to argue with the guy anymore.

“I’m glad.” Kris suddenly spoke, making Eunsul turned her head towards him and raised her eyebrow – a sign that she didn’t get what he was trying to say.

“At first, I thought that you’re not going to agree to live with me. And I am also glad that we are not that awkward.” Kris washed his hands as he muttered those words. He waited for her to finish wiping the dishes.

Eunsul bit her lips, pretending that she was concentrated in wiping the dishes, totally ignoring the stares that Kris was giving her. “I do this for the baby.” She replied, trying to make him go away.

Kris exhaled before turning around and leaned his tall built on the spot beside the sink. He crossed his arms before speaking. “I promise you that I will be a good father.” He suddenly promised, making Eunsul paused her works. She turned to look at him.

“I am not a very good guy... but if you want it, I will change for you.” He voiced out while staring deeply on her brown orbs.

Eunsul cleared before turning ahead and continued wiping the dishes. She swore that she can hear the angle of love sighed as Kris muttered those words. Eunsul put the towel that she was using down as she looked at the retreating figure of Kris, who was walking to enter his bedroom.

“What the hell did just happen?” She asked no one, but herself.

Eunsul took off her apron and folded it before hanging it beside the fridge. After observing the kitchen, she walked into the bedroom that she will share with Kris. Eunsul took out her short sleeved t-shirt and long pyjama pants and sat on the mattress while waiting for Kris to come out from the bathroom.

Eunsul turned her head towards the direction of the bathroom as the door opened, revealing Kris with his short pants and white shirt. He rubbed his hair with a towel before walking towards her. “The bathroom is empty, you can use it now. I’ve already stacked you toiletries there.”

Eunsul smiled thankfully at him before waking inside the bathroom. Kris messed his half wet hair before throwing his body into the soft mattress, in pure bliss as the softness of the bed hit his body. He felt like shutting his eyes closed and sleep for the whole weeks but upon hearing the running water from the bathroom, he opened his eyes.

Kris sighed as wild imaginations hit him. He can clearly remember everything about her on the night they had spent together and frankly speaking he loathes himself for thinking about it now. Kris buried his face on the mattress, trying to ease the image from his head.

“Kris... are you okay?” Eunsul spoke in a concern voice as she watched the guy sighed while burying his face on the mattress. She hanged her towel before walking towards the bed. “What’s wrong? Did you feel like vomiting?” She asked in concern, patting the guy’s back.

Kris exhaled heavily as her touch met his back. He somehow felt very calm due to her touch. Kris turned around and shook his head. “I am perfectly fine.” He replied before standing up and walked towards the left side of the bed. He laid down his body on it, leaving a very large space for the girl to lie down.

Eunsul bit her lips before sitting down on the space beside him. She hesitantly lay down, trying her best to ease away her nervousness. She suddenly yelped as Kris turned his body to face her.

“Why are you so tense?” He asked her as he realised that she took a very long time just to lie down. Eunsul fake a chuckle, pulling the blanket towards the chest and gripped on it tightly. “I am not.” She replied and Kris just snorted hearing her big fat lie.

“I will not do anything unless you wanted me to.” Kris spoke, trying to assure her that she is fine with him. Eunsul rolled her eyes hearing his last comment. Did he really have to add that comment?

Kris chuckled before lying on his back. “Sleep.” He commands her and closed his eyes. Eunsul her lips before glancing towards the male. She smiled as she watched him sleep and slowly her eyes closed and later she sleeps with a smile on her face.

Somehow, she felt safe. She felt safe with him near her.

 

_______

 

Eunsul groaned as the sunray kissed her face. She moaned in irritation as she scooted nearer towards her source of heat. She can clearly felt a warm breath on her neck but she decided to ignore it as she liked the warm sensation. Eunsul groaned again as an arms tighten around her waist.

Upon realising that she had sleep with another person, Eunsul opened her eyes, only to be greeted by a smiling Kris. “Did you like my hug that much?” His comments make her shriek in shock. Eunsul quickly pushed him away from her, making the male chuckled at her failed attempt.

“Can I just hug you? I like your smell. Strawberries.” Kris spoke as he held her closer. Eunsul tried to push him again as a sign that she disagree with his words. “Please, just for a while. I’ve had been vomiting just now.” He pleaded and instantly Eunsul looked up into his eyes.

“You’ve been vomiting?” She asked him, totally shocked because she didn’t hear or feel him moving from the bed at all. Kris just pouted and nodded his head. “My throat hurts.” He spoke, wanting her pity. He didn’t even know why he acted so childishly like this.

“Let me make something to ease your nausea.” Eunsul spoke before trying to break away from his hug.

Kris unwillingly let go off her and lay on the bed alone as she had gone towards the kitchen. Eunsul took out some lemons from the refrigerator and began to slice it into half. She began to make lemon juice for him as she knew that lemon can ease nausea.

Kris sighed as he watched Eunsul came back with a glass of water on her hand. She sat down beside him and gave him the water. Kris took a sip of the water and cringed as the sourness hit his taste buds.

“Ughh, that was so sour!” He complained, but Eunsul scolded him, saying that it is good for his upset stomach.

Eunsul took her phone and blinked repeatedly as she realised that it’s already 8.30 in the morning. “Shoot! I am late!” She suddenly spoke and fled towards the bathroom.

Kris shook his head upon watching her reactions. He reminded himself to remind her on how dangerous it is to act like that when she was pregnant. He stood up from the bed and walked into the kitchen to put away the now empty glass.

“Kris, can you send me to the kindergarten?” Eunsul asked him as he was watching the cartoon displayed on the television. Kris looked up on Eunsul who was already done with her work outfit with a confused face. “I need to get to work. But, I don’t know how to take a bus from here. Can you please send me?” Eunsul asked for his help.

Kris just nodded his head and grabbed his wallet and car keys. Both of them walked out from the apartment and started to head towards her workplace.

“There! Oh my god, thank you so much Kris!” Eunsul spoke and unbuckled her seatbelt as Kris parked his car right in front of the kindergarten’s gate. Eunsul hurriedly opened the passenger door and exited the car as the clock had strike on 9.15 in the morning.

Kris shook his head as the girl waved her hands towards him and began slowly running into the building. Eunsul walked straight towards Mrs. Park to greet her first. She was about to open the door when she heard some voices.

“We should fire her! She’s pregnant without even married – that was so unmoral. We didn’t want our children to be taught by someone like her!”

Eunsul clasped as she heard those words. How did they knew about it?

 

 

DROP YOUR COMMENTS. BYE!