3

Colour My World

It's 4am on a wednesday night and Seokjin knows it was a mistake to take a week full of night shifts.
He's glad Hoseok, a close friend of his, has decided to work too, so he's not completely alone in the crappy old bar.
Seokjin has been working there for almost two years now, and before he started he knew he had to work night shifts sometimes since the bar is open 24/7. Seokjin doesn't enjoy working when it is night, he simply hates when he has to work overnight because then the bar is full of just old and young drunk people who try to hit on everyone, including Seokjin. Or sometimes there isn't anyone in the bar and Seokjin is ready to start drinking himself because he's so frustrated.

Seokjin knows about this whole soulmate thing, and sometimes he's scared he will meet his at the bar, which would totally be just his luck. He really doesn't want to meet his soulmate when he's overall tired, his hair is messed-up and everything, so he probably looks like a drunk person himself.
None of Seokjin's friends have found their soulmates, so he's a bit lost sometimes when it comes to it. He has heard about colours but his parents never explained them really well to him, so Seokjin is even a bit scared of colours. How will he look like when he's coloured, like a picture on a colouring book? Except Seokjin can change his hair colour, his clothes' colours and all that, when the colours in the colouring books are just stuck there.

"Are you sure you don't want to go home? Look, I really can take care of the bar alone, and you need to rest at least a bit", Hoseok says to him after he has brought all the drinks to the customers.
Seokjin knows he needs to rest, he's constantly ready to just fall asleep right there, and his eyebags really don't bring out the best side of him.

"Okay, you sure you can manage everything?" Seokjin says back a bit hesitantly, and Hoseok answers with a bright smile and a 'it's only two hours, now go home'.
Seokjin doesn't disobey, instead he basically just runs home and falls to his bed, and stays there for the rest of the day, preparing for the another upcoming night shift.

The next night Seokjin is ready to start drinking at work, even though it's unprofessional as hell.
His head hurts, he overall feels like he's sick, and on top of that Hoseok had to cancel his shift and there's literally no one in the bar.

Seokjin turns to look at the various liquors, and this is probably the most stupid idea he has ever had. He takes one of the bottles, full of the dark liquid, and starts to open it.
He doesn't notice when the bar's door opens and a man steps in.

"Isn't it a bit stupid to start drinking at work when you have customers?" is heard behind Seokjin and he lowers the almost opened bottle and places it to the table. He turns around, flashing the customer his sarcastic happy smile but his smile fades away when he notices that the customer has a red beanie. 

Red. Seokjin just stares at the person in front of him, nothing seems to leave his lips, the words he wants to say just won't come out.
Colours. There are colours everywhere, and they're so beautiful in Seokjin's mind.
He notices the shining blue lights, he notices how red mixes with it and creates purple. He notices how old the chairs of the bar look because of the brown, and he decides that he has to do something to them. 
Seokjin doesn't know how he knows all the names of the colours, he just does. It's like all this knowledge was hidden in his head, waiting for this moment when it can reveal itself.

After being so fascinated by everything, Seokjin finally focuses on the tall blonde male in front of him.
He's beautiful, that's what Seokjin thinks. 

"So- uh- you're my soulmate, then?" Seokjin says and offers the stranger, that's what he still is to Seokjin, a smile.

"Well, yes I am as you can see. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, I'm Namjoon", the man says and Seokjin just shakes his hand awkwardly.

"And I am Seokjin, and yes, I've been waiting for this moment."

It takes Seokjin 8 months to understand what having a soulmate is like.

He has never felt like this in his life.
He had dated other people before Namjoon, yes, because he just didn't want to be alone. Nobody was ever a bad dating partner, they were all nice, but Seokjin always felt so bad around them, like he was just using them. He even dated Hoseok for a while, and Seokjin is grateful that Hoseok understood what he meant when he said that he feels bad because there is someone fated for him and he's with someone else.

But Namjoon, he's something so different, he makes Seokjin feel like he's on top of the world.
Seokjin feels so happy around him, he feels so wanted.
It was weird at first with Namjoon because they were basically complete strangers to each other. But still there was something, like a rope, dragging them together, wanting them to become one.

After 8 months Seokjin gets it. 
He gets it all when he's watching Namjoon trying to cook for him. 
In that moment, Seokjin knows. He knows that this is what having a soulmate is like, it has only been 8 months but he is so in love with Namjoon.
Seokjin looks at his lover, and he's filled with so much happiness and warmness, like it's a summer day and he's sitting on a field watching the pretty flowers. But this time, the pretty flower, actually the prettiest of them all, is Namjoon.

Nowadays Seokjin understands that there are different kinds of love.
He understands the way his parents love him as a son.
He understands the way Hoseok and the rest of his friends love him as a friend.
He understands the way people love different things out of admiration.
There are so many different kinds of love, it's like there is a specific colour for each love.

"When are you going to stop daydreaming and actually listen to my new track?" Namjoon asks as he flops down next to Seokjin on their bed and kisses his lips.
Seokjin smiles to the kiss, and answers with a "soon".
Seokjin watches as Namjoon laughs a bit, it's probably his way of saying that he doesn't believe Seokjin at all in this.
Seokjin laughs himself too, and actually gets up from the bed to go and listen to his boyfriend's track.

It's titled "the Best Colour of Them All", and after a while of listening Seokjin gets that it's about him.
So, he sits there, cries happy tears, and after that he runs to hug Namjoon and tells him how much he loves him.

And Seokjin means every single word, of course he does, because Namjoon is simply the best thing that has happened to him.