1

Colour My World

Everything is black and white for Jungkook. He misses the pretty blue sky, he misses the gorgeus sunsets, he misses the time when cherry blossoms bloom, he just misses literally everything.
But Jungkook is born this way, just like everyone else. He doesn't know if it comforts him, knowing the fact that there are people who miss everything too, or does it just make him even more sad, knowing that someone has found their soulmate but he keeps struggling.

You see, this is all a soulmate thing. 
Everything is black and white until you meet your soulmate. When you meet your soulmate, your life turns into pretty colours, they fill your world and it is like you finally start to live.
But there are bad things too, and one of them is that your life turns back into colourless nothing when your soulmate dies. Everything turns back to the simple black and white, your life is nothing without them. Jungkook has heard that people commit suicide a lot when their soulmates die because they want everything just to turn black. Jungkook doesn't get why people want their whole world to turn into black but Namjoon said that it's because black is actually full of colours, you need to mix colours to make black, and the white keeps annoying them because it reminds them of happiness, light, their soulmate. They want to die because they just want to see black, a mix of colours. 
Jungkook still thinks it's stupid, though. And Namjoon laughs at him while he pulls his boyfriend, and soulmate, Seokjin to his lap. Jungkook sees the little smile on Seokjin's face and he thinks that maybe some day he can feel that happiness too.

Jungkook hates that he can't see the cherry blossoms in colour when they're blooming. It's the most beautiful time of the year in Jungkook's opinion and he just completely misses everything, just because he hasn't met the one he's supposed to love. 
It annoys him, that he isn't able to enjoy his life fully, while Namjoon and Seokjin are doing all of these couple things and just being completely in love. Jungkook is jealous because he wants that too. He wants love, he wants someone who cares for him, he wants someone who will kiss him and tell him he's beautiful. Fate says otherwise and Jungkook has to watch as others find their soulmates, he has to watch as others' lives are full of happiness while he's drowing in sorrow.

It's the 8th of September when Jungkook's friend, Jimin, finds his soulmate. 
Jimin has never been or looked so happy, and Jungkook doesn't even dare to show his sadness and jealousness.
Jimin's soulmate is Yoongi and Jungkook is surprised because he thought Jimin wouldn't end up with someone like Yoongi but he guesses they balance each other well. 
If there was one word to explain Jimin, it would be a sunshine, at least that's what Yoongi says. He's positive and smiley, even his laugh sounds like some beautiful music. And then there's Yoongi, that person who can be just constantly grumpy but turn into a complete sweetheart in less than 5 seconds.
Yoongi is hard-working, passionate and sometimes he just shuts everyone out, and Jimin is dedicated, a natural talent who just happens to know how to charm people.
And afterall, he has no idea how this soulmate thing even works, so because of that he thinks Yoongi is perfect for Jimin. Jungkook sees how they look at each other and he doesn't know if he thinks it's adorable or the 'this is too much let me throw up' material.

"A friend of mine, Kim Taehyung, is coming here tomorrow", Jimin says one day and Jungkook just glances and nods at him, trying to look interested. He knows he probably failed because he's exhausted as hell, he just lost his part-time job and stays up all night to fill job applications. He's running low on money and he absolutely hates borrowing from his friends but Seokjin just forces him to take what he needs.

Jungkook watches as the people around him prepare for this Kim Taehyung's coming.
He's forced to clean his room, which he does while mumbling curses at everyone because this is simply not what he signed up for. Seokjin just flips him off and tells him to help Namjoon with the laundry. Jungkook doesn't disobey but he definitely shows how not-interested he is for doing laundry.

It seems like Jimin is good friends with him since he won't shut up about his golden bestfriend Kim ing Taehyung who's the best person ever. Jungkook isn't sure anymore if he just wants to hit his head to a wall until Jimin stops talking about Taehyung because it's getting too annoying. 
Jungkook begged Yoongi to tell Jimin to shut up but he just told Jungkook to shut up himself because he's waisting Yoongi's precious time.

Jungkook had decided to dislike this certain boy, which was pretty stupid because he hadn't even met him. And yet here he is, all nicely dressed to welcome Kim Taehyung. Jimin has almost been bouncing from wall to wall since he's too excited and Yoongi's getting all jealous, which is pretty stupid too since Jimin is his soulmate; in the end Jimin only loves Yoongi and Yoongi only loves Jimin.

Suddenly the doorbell rings and Jimin just sprints to the door, and soon comes back while hugging a male who's a bit taller than him.

And there it happens, the moment which Jungkook has been waiting for. It still leaves him confused because is this really happening? It can't be him?

Jungkook's world turns into colours. And it's Kim Taehyung's fault.

Jungkook has heard a lot about colours, everyone has been explaining them to him but this is so different from what he thought. Everything is so beautiful in his eyes, even his so-called soulmate's orange hair. He quickly looks outside to see the blue sky, he sees the blooming trees in colour. And Jungkook thinks he has never been this happy because finally he's able to experience everything fully, through colour, and not just in black and white.

Then he notices Taehyung's shocked face, he notices as his gaze goes around the room and finally lands on Jungkook.
"Are you my soulmate?" just leaves Taehyung's lips and Jungkook just nods while a 'what the ' is heard from Hoseok.
Jungkook quickly nods and he just simply doesn't know what to do because he doesn't know Taehyung at all and his destiny is to be with him. Jungkook is speechless and he doesn't notice when Seokjin drags everyone away to give Jungkook and Taehyung some alone time, after all they need to talk a lot.

"Kim Taehyung but you might already know that because Jimin probably hasn't shut up", the boy suddenly says and moves to shake hands with Jungkook. What a great way to meet your soulmate, with a handshake. It's too formal for Jungkook's liking but he goes with it.

"Jeon Jungkook", is the only thing he manages to say and Taehyung chuckles a bit. It's understandable for Jungkook to be nervous, this is once in a life thing. 
Jungkook quietly thanks Jimin in his mind for deciding to bring his bestfriend here.

"I should thank you for being my soulmate because you're just so cute", Taehyung says with a cheeky grin and Jungkook feels as his cheeks heat up. Taehyung isn't so bad himself either but he's not ready to reveal that, not yet.

But Jungkook also feels like this isn't going to be such a disaster. He feels like this is going to be amazing, he's ready to watch as the flowers bloom with Taehyung, he's ready to watch the stars in possible midnight walks.

He feels like even if Taehyung hadn't been his soulmate, he would've coloured his world into something new. And Jungkook loves that feeling.