Chapter 2

Back to Tomorrow

Hey guys! i apologize for taking forever to upload this chapter. I am taking summer classes and I was given even more hours at work so finding time between just work and school to write was a hassle. But I finished this chapter so that's all that matters. This chapter is long. (eight pages long) so I hope you all enjoy it. Thank you again to all of you who upvote/comment/subscribe. 


 CHAPTER 2

FALL

 

The pounding in his head woke Junsu up. He kept his eyes closed as rain fell on his face. What happened? Wait. Rain? Junsu sat up and immediately regretted it. His vision blurred with the sudden movement. He brought his hands up to hold his head still hoping that it would help his vision focus. Was he dead? No, if he was, then his head wouldn't be throbbing this badly. Everything was a jumbled mess. Once his vision cleared up, he took in his surroundings. However, there was not enough light out for him to determine exactly where he was. Everything in his sight was a light gray blob. He wasn't even sure if it was morning or night. He gingerly touched his forehead as he tried to recall the past events. There was dried blood flaked off when he rubbed his head and some stuck to his wet fingers. Was he still bleeding? No, the blood is dry. Junsu tired to recall the past events before he out. But all he remembered that he saw a bright light and everything went dark.

He could feel a headache come on as sudden questions invaded his mind. How did he manage to get thrown out of his car if he wore his seat belt? Or how was he still alive? Junsu dropped his hands. He needed to find his car. A lot of his questions would be answered if he got to his car. He hoped that his car was still in one piece. It had cost a fortune and it was his favorite. He had all of his belonging in there as well. There was no chance to call for help if he didn't even have his phone. He knew that he should be close to his car if was thrown out. He tested his body before he got back up. Everything seemed to be in working order.

When he stood up, his legs felt wobbly and sore. They were still for far too long. Junsu patted his legs to get blood circulating flinching as his legs began to tingle. Junsu bit his lip, deciding where he should start looking. A low rumble of thunder brought Junsu back to take a closer look at his surroundings. It was starting to get brighter, so there was more that he could see. Everything looked so... unfamiliar. All the grass was overgrown and the trees were much larger than before. The air around him felt peculiar. Junsu shook the feeling off as the aftermath of the crash. He needed to keep his cool. There was no time to dwell on such things. He needed to get to his car and receive medical attention. He reached down to his cardigan half hoping to find his cellphone but knowing that it was left in his car. However, the only thing he managed to find was lint, a small bottle of pain killers and a small bag of nuts. He patted his back pockets and only felt his wallet. Those weren't of any use to him at the moment. He sighed, removing his hands from his pockets, walking through the tall grass.

After several minutes of walking, Junsu sat down on a fallen log. His socks and shoes were wet and walking in them irritated him. He pulled off his shoes, removing the wet socks and placed them into his pocket. He looked around and let out a sigh. It seemed that he went the wrong way. More and more trees populated the area as the area began to brighten up. It must be nearing morning then, Junsu concluded.

Perhaps screaming for help would get him somewhere. “HELLO! IS THERE ANYONE NEAR HERE? I NEED HELP!” Junsu shouted as loud as he could. He waited a couple of seconds but the only sounds he could here was the falling rain hitting the leaves. “IS THERE SOMEONE THERE? I AM LOST!”

Junsu let out an irritated growl when there was no response. Where was he? He shouldn't be far from the road. He stood up and walked back the way he came to the opposite side.

Junsu slapped the tree branches angrily out of the way after walking what seemed like forever to him. It didn't make any sense. Someone should have already been looking for him. Although the road he took was rarely used, that doesn't mean that it was deserted. Did no one even bother to call if they saw his car? Or even his family and group mates. For s sake, Junho should had at least felt something was wrong. They were twins after all. They should know by now that he never made it back to Seoul. He left when it was nearing midnight. That meant that he was out for at least six hours. That was more than enough time for someone to discover that he was missing.

But getting angry was getting him nowhere, Junsu decided letting out a deep sigh. He was tired, confused and his body ached. Junsu walked some more until he found a small clearing. He plopped himself down against a tree, suddenly recalling words from his old managers when they went overseas or to islands for filming. If we get lost, stay in one spot. The chances of being rescued increases when one doesn’t move. He'll try that for a while.

If only the weather was more favorable. Junsu could deal with being lost. But the ground was wet and muddy, and mosquitos kept buzzing by his ear. He pulled his cardigan tighter to himself and shut his eyes. The last thing he wanted was to be found with a bunch of mosquito bites all over. How ugly would he look like with mosquito bites all over his clear skin.

Without realizing it, Junsu drifted off.

 

 

Junsu woke up in pain as something nipped at his leg. Opening his eyes, he immediately kicked out at the vulture. “I'M NOT DEAD YOU DUMB BIRD!” Junsu screeched angrily. He breathed heavily watching the bird retreat a few steps before taking off. Junsu followed the vulture with his eyes seeing it disappear through the trees. A few moments went by before Junsu got over his initial agitation and noticed that it was morning. The rain had also seemed to stop. And the sun was very bright.

It was comforting to hear the birds chirp all around. However, this was something that Junsu wished he didn't have to listen to at the moment. By now he should have been in bed, taking it easy. Where was his rescue party anyways? More than a few hours have passed. The sun already rose and was drying up the world.

Junsu's stomach growled. He was hungry. He reached into his pocket and opened up the small bag of nuts. He took a pinch of nuts and ate quickly. He really wanted to scarf down the whole bag in an instant but he decided against it. It could take him longer than expected to find his way back to the road. If he ate everything now, he'll be a starving mess later. He just ate enough to quell his stomach and oncoming headache.

With a deep sigh, Junsu stood up dusting off as much dirt as he could from his clothes. It was clear that he was going to find his own way back.

 

Not even fifteen minutes had passed before Junsu became a angry mess. His foot had gotten stuck in the mud. He shouted in frustration as mud entered his shoe, encasing his already sore feet with the sludge. Junsu awkwardly stepped over, pulling himself out of the mud by grabbing a tree branch and forced his foot out, losing his shoe in the mud in the process. Little by little, Junsu was despising life. Why couldn't he just have taken the main road? He thought as he bent down to retrieve his shoe.

He hit his shoe against the nearest tree and cringed as he dug out the remainder of with his fingers. Whoever found him was going to get more than a hug. Perhaps a nice mud bath would be good for them. He tried to wipe off the mud off his fingers. But it was pointless. Without water the mud will cake on his hands.

There was no one around. That was one thing Junsu was certain of. Now that the rain was gone, the only sounds made were the forest animals. A lot of animals. He watched a small bird take off at his sudden movement.

He watched the bird flutter around before settling down on a tree a few feet away. Abruptly questions filled his mind. Was he even alive? There was no way he survived the crash. He would still be trapped in his car. Even if he was thrown out of the car, he wouldn't be able to get up so easily. Perhaps it is the lack of food, or exhaustion, but these thoughts left him apprehensive.

“Of course I'm not dead. If I was, then I wouldn't be stumbling around here like an idiot.” Junsu said aloud. But, a small voice said, if you aren't dead, why are you here?

“I'm not dead.” Junsu repeated. “I'm superstar Kim Junsu. I'm just a bit dumb at times. I'm sure I just went the wrong way.” He reasoned. “So you need to be quiet. I'll show you. A little mud and bugs don't hurt me.” He marched forward and made a face. There was nothing he could do about it. The mud was going to stick around for a while. He was just going to have to deal with the hardening dirt. Besides, wasn't mud good for the skin? At least by the end of this his right ankle would be incredibly soft, Junsu thought sarcastically. Who was he kidding? Everything about his situation at the moment made him miserable.

However, there was no one around for Junsu to keep up his cheerful facade. He reached over to the nearest fallen branch, and swung as hard as he could against the closest tree. The branch that was attacked lost most of its leaves and it swung back and forth as if it couldn't believe it was just smacked.

“I'm sorry.” Junsu lowered his head. The release of his pent up anger felt good but left him feeling guilty for mistreating the poor tree. “But it was either you or the person who will rescue me. I can't exactly hit my savior.” Wait. What was he doing? He is talking to a tree. He hasn't been in the forest for a full day and yet here he was, apologizing to a tree. Get it together, Junsu scolded himself.

Junsu shook his head as he continue to walk. He'd like to get out before it got dark. Who knows what kind of animals would be willing to tear apart a muddy idol. He was too adorable to be stuck out here in the wilderness. If anyone needed this harsh treatment, it would be Changmin, Junsu thought sourly.

He blinked shielding his eyes when a bright light managed to make it past the thick leaves. He looked up at the sky. Blue with few clouds loitering around. The sun was high up in the sky. With wide eyes, Junsu realized that is was already past noon. Not only was he aware of the time, he was also aware of the of how uncomfortable he was. He felt incredibly filthy. Sweat was dripping down his forehead, his hair felt itchy, bug bites that he never noticed before made him itch all over his arms, the mud caked in his shoes hurt his toes with each step he took, his stomach grumbled angrily, and his mouth went dry. “Great.” Junsu huffed. He his dry lips shaking his head. This is just what he needed. To be reminded of his misery.

Junsu swung aimlessly at the nearest branch, his face relaxing slightly as the cool rain droplets his his face. But even if he was pathetic looking at the moment, the rain stopped, he somehow remarkably survived a crash, and he was in the shade. He smiled a bit, digging into his pocket pulling out the bag of nuts. And he could at least take care of one problem.

With renewed energy, Junsu began to walk briskly, the faster he walked, the faster he will be able to get back to civilization he thought cheerily.

 

 

Eventually Junsu managed to get out from the cluster of trees. But he came across a dirt path instead of a paved road. His eyebrows scrunched up as he tried to make sense of what he was looking at. Where was the road? Junsu let out a frustrated groan. Did he just waste all that time walking in the wrong direction?

He threw the stick he was carrying earlier down on the ground. He pulled his hair in despair. Where was he? He shook his head, getting angry wasn't going to get him anywhere. Besides, this was better than no path at all. If he kept walking, he would find someone. After all, this path was man made, he reasoned.

But the path was rather odd. Junsu mused as he walked down it. He picked the side that was facing away from the sun, the sun was too bright after walking under the trees for the past few hours. It was rather wide and uneven. Perhaps he happened to stumble on someone's property. If that was the case, then he would have no problem getting in contact with his family and friends. He smiled thinking of the reactions he will give everyone when he emerges out of nowhere. The owners of the property he was walking on would certainly get quite a shock when The Kim Junsu walks out of their backyard. But what if the owners of this place were too old to know who he was? Junsu shook his head. Nonsense, of course they would at least know he wasn't homeless, he didn't look that bad. At least he didn't think so. It would take more than a few hours to do some damage to his handsomeness. Or they could be out of touch with times? Even if they were, he was sure he would be recognized, after all his fame was known in all of Asia. Maybe he will give them his autograph as a thank you. Junsu smirked, walking with his chest out. He couldn't wait to get out.

“Oh my god!” Junsu dropped down on the ground, a tired heap. Was he walking on a secret billionaire's property? It seemed that he wasn't getting anywhere. How long has he even been walking anyway? Junsu shielded his eyes staring at the sun, it was considerably lower now. So it was sometime in the afternoon. He leaned back, lying down on the ground. His feet ached from all that walking in loafers. His shoes were made for fashion, not taking a fifteen hour hike in the middle of nowhere.

His rescue could wait a bit longer. Right now his feet were about to cramp up if he didn't stop. He rubbed his head, trying to coax away a oncoming headache. His stomach was also making itself known. He groaned, curling to his side. He was slowly losing his spirit. There was no way he could be this deep in the woods without no contact with any human of any type. The only other living things he saw were birds and the random lizards. Maybe he will take a short nap...just to rest his eyes...a few minutes will be enough....

 

 

“WHAT THE ?!” Junsu shouted waking up in surprise. Small shrieks sounded as he kicked out. Was it so hard to sleep without being mugged? First a bird, and now...children? Junsu stood up and managed to see two small children backs running away. Junsu patted his pockets frantically checking to see if he had everything. He spotted his bottle of pills lying a ways from him. One of the kids must have tried to steal it. Wait. Children. There was children here. People. Junsu couldn't stop his grin. They may have tried to steal from him but he was so close to getting rescued.

Junsu picked up his bottle and began to jog after the kids. He didn't want to lose sight of them. He hissed as the back of feet scraped his shoe painfully while trying to avoid tripping over the tall grass. He kept up his pace, thankful that his love of soccer and dance practice gave him enough stamina to keep after the two children.

Once in a while one of the children would turn and face him before screeching and running faster, dragging the other. Junsu wanted to shout out to stop the kids from running away but something about them made him uneasy. They were running for at least a few minutes without looking like they were needing a break. And their attire was also amiss. They looked as if they were running around in dirty pajamas. Perhaps they were the grandchildren of the owners. They looked like little savages, running around covered in dirt. It was unnerving but Junsu continued on to chase them. After all, they would lead him to safety.

Eventually the small children managed to outrun Junsu, disappearing into the trees. Junsu let them go as he collapsed on the ground, exhausted from the chase. He was thirsty and his legs felt weaker than before. But at least now he knew he was heading in the right direction. He his dry, cracked lips as he pulled himself up. He looked at the road and saw that it was now more dirt than grass. That meant that the road is more traveled here. Junsu nodded to himself. There were people near. That was all that mattered.

 

 

It was early in the evening when he managed to see the beginnings of human life. It was fallen logs and stacks of hay littered on the sides of the now purely dirt path. Perhaps he was at some barn. Junsu thought as a foul stench filled his nostrils. Maybe it was a horse stable. He fanned the smell from his face. The further he walked, the stronger the scent. If it was, it would make sense that the children he saw earlier looked dirty.

Light was fading and it was getting harder for Junsu to see properly. His eyes suddenly saw a light up ahead. People. Junsu broke into a run towards the light. He'd been walking for almost a whole day. He rubbed his eyes just in case he was just seeing things but the light remained, shining brightly.

“Hello!” Junsu shouted out to the light. It seemed to be swaying back and forth. They were walking towards him. Was it a search party? “I'm Kim Junsu!” In his excitement, he tripped over a stray branch, “.” He whispered to himself. He scraped his palms on the loose rocks that littered the path. He ignored the pain, getting up to continue to go towards the light. But he froze when he saw that the light disappeared. Where did it go? Junsu felt his heart drop.

“HELP ME!” Junsu croaked out. He swallowed the lump that formed in his throat. He wasn't about to cry now. “I'm lost! I'm Kim Junsu!” He yelled louder. Was he not loud enough? He was so close to being rescued. But he continued on. “HELLO? I'M LOST! I NEED HELP! PLEASE!”

When no one responded, Junsu let out a shaky breath. The search party must have left somewhere else. He closed his eyes trying to steady his breathing. There was no need for him to lose his cool. He was close, that was all that mattered. If he just continued to go forward, he will surely run into them. With those thoughts in mind he began to walk briskly forward.

He didn't go far before a low growl stopped him in his tracks. Was he about to be attacked? He knew that there was wild animals lurking around. But he hoped that he wouldn't come in contact with them. He stood still, fighting the urge to run, wishing that the animal would just pass by without going near him. He now regretted leaving the stick he picked up earlier. He clenched his fists, ready to fight if he had to.

“No. Down.” A young male voice reprimanded the animal. A bright light illuminated everything in sight. “Are you lost? I heard you shout.” The voice asked him.

“Ah! Yes. I am lost.” Junsu turned around to see a small boy holding a rope, attached to a thin, ragged looking dog. He blinked a few times trying to recollect his thoughts. The boy had long hair tied into a braid. His clothes were also a dirty white and he had dirt smeared on his face. He looked around twelve years old.

“You are dressed funny.” The boy said plainly. He had a torch in his hand and he stared at Junsu with wide eyes. “Your hair is short too.”

“What do you mean? This is common.” Junsu replied, brushing his hair back with his hand. “Do you have a phone?” He asked. Junsu thought the question was rather useless to ask seeing the way the boy was dressed. He looked wild with his long hair, his dirty appearance, and informal language. The dog sniffed at Junsu's feet, looking confused as he looked up at him.

“Phone? What's that?” The boy turned his head, confused. “Where do you come from he asked right after, not giving Junsu a chance to answer

“I come from far away.” Junsu felt uneasy. “Can you take me to your town? I need to wash up and eat.”

“We don't really have a lot of food mister.” The boy told him. “But you can come to my house. My mom will get worried if I don't return soon.” He turned away going towards the side of the path. He pulled out a few sacks. “Can you help me carry these?”

“Yes.” Junsu picked up a sack, surprised by how light it was. “What is in it?”

“Just some vegetables I managed to get from the vendor. We don't have that much. Come on, lets go before it gets darker.” He pulled on the dogs leash, leading Junsu forward. “Your name is Kim Junsu, right?”

“Ah, yes.” His stomach twisted up in a knot. Why was he feeling so unsettled? He was going to civilization soon. “What is your name?”

“I'm Junghee.” He patted his dog. “And this is Jun.”

“That is a nice name.” Junsu smiled thinly. “How much longer is it to reach your home?'

“Not that long.” Junghee nodded down the trail. “But I'll have to sneak you in. My neighbor doesn't trust strangers. If he saw that you were here, especially dressed like that, he would get the others to chase you out.”

“That's fine. I'm sure I look strange to everyone”

 

They walked in silence the rest of the way. Junsu wanted to ask some more questions but knew he wouldn't like the answers. When they arrived, Junsu blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes just to be sure he wasn't seeing things. There were torches lining the small straw huts. Where was he? There was no way that this is a village. The boy didn't look like a tribe member. He wasn't even sure there was even tribes in South Korea. Was he dreaming? None of this could be real.

A small tug on his sleeve broke him out of his thoughts. Junghee beckoned him to follow him. Junsu did, after getting his feet to move. This wasn't real. Junsu kept repeating to himself. It just can't. Was it some kind of sick joke?

He followed Junghee behind the huts and Junsu could see through the spaces of the huts, villagers milling around. The men wore similar clothing to Junghee and the women wore hanbok. They all looked like the pictures of his history books from when he was in school. The sudden thought unsettled him. Maybe he hit his head and this is just something his mind came up with. But he dismissed that thought. Everything was too real to be a dream.

Junsu almost crashed into Junghee when he failed to notice him stopping. Junghee pointed to the bushes behind one of the huts. “I'll go in and get you some food. Just stay there and try not to get noticed.” He tied Jun to a small post and took the bag from Junsu. He gave him a small smile and went out to the front of the hut.

With nothing left to do, Junsu followed his directions. He sat on the ground, letting his hands feel the grass beneath him. Yes, the grass was definitely real. Maybe he died. Junsu dismissed that thought. If he was dead, he wouldn't be hiding in bushes. He'd be too busy singing and playing soccer all day long. Perhaps it was just exhausting and not having any food for the longest time. There would be a reasonable explanation as to why he was here. He was just hallucinating.

“I'm back.” Junghee's voice broke his trail of thoughts.

“That's good to hear.” A woman's voice greeted him. “Your father is still out. But he will be here in a bit.”

“Oh.” Junghee said. “I sold everything today and got some vegetables from one of the vendors.”

“Did you now? Good. We were running low on vegetables.” Her voice faded a bit as she moved further away from Junsu. “I made something small today. I hope you don't mind. Tomorrow your father will go into town and get us some meat. You need it. You are so thin.” She chided him.

“I'm strong!” Junghee protested. “Is it okay if I eat outside. It feels nice out.”

“Just as long you don't feed the dog more than you feed yourself.”

“Then can I have a little bit more food. You know that Jun is hungry too.” Junsu heard Junghee whine.

“Fine. But you have to eat everything.”

“Thank you mother.”

“And don't come back complaining about the bugs when they bite you.”

“I won't.” Junghee called as he walked out to the back.

Junsu watched the younger boy drop some food next to his dog before walking towards him. Junsu scooted back, making room for Junghee to sit next to him.

“Here. It's not much. But you look like you need it more than I do.” Junghee passed him a small bowl and spoon.

“Thank you.” Junsu gave him a thin smile. “Where am I?” Junsu looked down at the watery bowl. Few vegetables swam in it but at the moment it looked exquisite. He greedily ate it and was surprised that it tasted better than it looked.

“Korea.” Junghee answered. He gave him a toothy grin when he saw the unamused look Junsu gave him. “We are just a small village two days walk from Suwon .”

. Junsu's eyes widened. That was the ancient name for Seoul He couldn't have.... No. That was impossible.

“Where do you come from?”

“I live in Hanseong.” Junsu gave him a thin smile.

“Hanseong?” Junghee hummed. “That's at least six days away.”

“It appears that I am definitely far from home.” Junsu said under his breath, looking down at the almost empty bowl, his appetite disappearing. He felt sick.

“Are you going to go back?” Junghee looked at him. It was getting darker so he missed the small tears that managed to make their way down Junsu's cheeks.

“I'm going to try.” Junsu sighed. “What does your family do?” he didn't want to dwell at the sudden realization. He just can't accept it.

“We just sell vegetables on the sides of the roads. My father hunts for us and we sell meat too. I'm going to have a younger sibling soon so I do the selling.” He puffed out his chest with pride. “I also have an older sister who lives in Hanseong.”

“Congratulations." Junsu smiled. "Having siblings are the best. I have a twin brother.”

“You do? That's so amazing. I hope to have a younger brother. It's no fun being here all alone. We don't really have enough money to go see my sister often.” He chattered. “If you are going back to Hanseong, then you should go to then inn where my sister works to get rest before continuing on . Just keep going straight down the path for another two days and you should get to Suwon by sundown on the second day.”

“Oh, thank you.” Junsu gave him the bowl. “I think I will stay out here for the night before leaving. Its getting too dark to see.”

“It is.” Junghee agreed. He pursed his lips before continuing. “If you go to the inn, can you find my sister and tell her that mother is having a child. Her name is Hanuel.”

“JUNGHEE!” A loud voice interrupted him. “Who are you speaking to? Is there someone there with you?” A bright light lit up the night.

Junghee stood up blocking Junsu from view. “I was talking to myself. I was practicing my voice to be able to sell my vegetables better.”

“I was sure I heard another voice.” The light came closer and Junghee walked towards the light to stop him from coming closer to their hiding spot.

“It was also me. I was pretending to be a lost traveler and trying to get him to buy some of my food.” Junghee made his voice deep and raspy. “How long would it take me to get to Hanseong?”

“Well stop with your voices. You are making me paranoid boy.” The voice began to fade away. Your father returned so I suggest that you go back inside. Have a good night.”

“Are you going back inside as well?”

“Not yet, I thought I heard a wolf cry and I don't want it to hurt my animals.”

“Then let me help you check.” Junghee pointed to the left with the bowl. “We should go check with your animals first. He had his other hand behind his back, pointing the other way. After a second, Junsu got the message. He had to leave. From his position, he couldn't see Junghee's neighbor, but from the sound of his voice he sounded like a built, scary man. With his current condition, he wasn't fit to stand against him.

Seeing the light fade away, Junsu crawled through the grass until he felt that he wouldn't be spotted. He stood up, brushing dust and twigs off his pants. There was still light, but it was fading fast. He didn't think he would be spotted now so he stood up. He walked quickly to the main road going through the village.

There were few people idling around so he walked through without anyone noticing. But what was he to do now? He let out a deep sigh, walking forward. It seemed that walking was the only thing he was able to do at the moment. Recalling Junghee's words, the only place he could go is to the bigger town. Everything felt surreal. If this was a dream, then he would have woken up a long time ago. Or was he in a coma? Aren't people in comas just in a deep sleep or something? Maybe he was in worst shape than he thought from the crash. Maybe he was just imagining things. That sounds better than what keeps coming to mind. That was just ridiculous. There was no way he went back in time. That was physically and scientifically impossible. No. If anything, he's just dreaming.... But what dream felt this vivid? He never could lucid dream....

He'll worry about it later, right now, he had to focus on the road before him. There was barely any light left in the sky. He could see stars appearing. Was he going to have to sleep in the wilderness again? Junsu crossed his arms but dropped them. It was no use. He couldn't return to the small village. He would have to make do with sleeping on ground once again. At least now his stomach was full.

Junsu walked until he could barely see anymore, dropping down to the side of the road. It was useless to try to walk in the dark. He wasn't used to this dark. Although the moon was out, passing clouds would block the light. He didn't want to get lost again. He wrapped his arms around himself as the night got colder and tried to sleep.

 

 

Junsu woke up, groaning from the pain of sleeping on an uneven surface. He sat up, blinking at the rising sun. The day had just barely started. Junsu ignored the rumbling of his stomach. He had no food or water at the moment. And it didn't seem that there was anyone around. He would just have to deal until he reached Seoul.

He put his socks back on, feeling relief. He had to walk the whole day with no socks on. His shoes chafed the back of his feet, making walking even more painful. Junsu looked back to where he came from but only saw trees.

What did he do to deserve this? Junsu wanted to cry. His feet ached, he was covered in mud, he had bug bites all along his body, hungry, and worst of all, lost. If he was really thrown back in time, then how was he going to get back home?

Junsu got up, it was no use sitting down in the middle of nowhere. He began to walk in the direction that Junghee gave him. Well, Junsu began to think, in any movies he ever saw, there was always an explanation as to why the protagonist was sent back. So the first thing he had to do is find a psychic, Junsu mused. Then...go home?

He pulled at his hair. Then how was he going to do that? He clearly looked like he didn't belong. He had a t-shirt, a gray cardigan, and skinny jeans on. His hair was also cut short. Junsu sighed again. He wasn't even sure where he was. If he remembered anything from history, which wasn't a lot since he hasn't gone to school in a long time, then short hair was looked down on. How was he going to find his way around when he looked like an alien?

Whether or not he looked like an outsider, he needed to find his way back.

 

 

After almost two days of wandering down the path, Junsu felt that he was at his limit. The sun on the way to Suwon was brutal in the day and at night the cold decided to make its appearance. He met no one during those two days. It was just endless trees. Everything itched and Junsu couldn't see straight anymore from his intense headache. He was dripping with sweat, his cardigan tied loosely around his waist. He was just walking on autopilot. He was starving and his throat was parched. He his cracked lips, tasting blood. He didn't want to wander off the path in case he got lost so he never saw any streams to get a drink. It hurt to walk. He could feel callouses form at the bottom of his feet. He could feel his stomach twist painfully as it was nearing the end of his energy.

Not caring anymore about getting lost, Junsu strayed off the path when he heard splashing noises. What he would give just for a drink of water. He felt as if he was at the brink of death. It no longer mattered that he smelt like sweat, or that his feet ached, or that he was lost. All that mattered was to get water. To live. He ignored the tree branches that slapped against his face, giving him small cuts. Junsu was more concerned with the sound of the rushing water getting louder.

Junsu didn't notice anything except for the rushing water. He smiled leaning down, mouth open to quench his thirst. He missed the surprised shriek, his body falling forward, or the sudden cold from the water enveloping him.  


I hope I didn't scare you guys away with this boring chapter. But it had to be done. The real action starts in the next chapter. ^^