Chapter 1

Back to Tomorrow

Hey guys! As mentioned in the forward, this is sort of like the prequel to "Lee-Kak's Tournament" . It will be mostly Junsu centric. But there will be some cameos. Hopefully they will be easy to determine who they are. This chapter is pretty short but the remainder of this story will be longer. Thank you for subscribing and I hope I don't disappoint you with my rookie writing. ^^


 CHAPTER 1

FALL

 

“Call me when you get home alright?” Mrs. Kim gave her son a kiss on the cheek. “It looks like a bad storm is approaching.” She glanced behind him, to the darkening sky.

“Of course, umma. I will drive safe.” Junsu smiled giving her a hug before turning around, heading towards his car.

“Tell the others that I send my greetings and wish them well.”

“I will!” Junsu called back waving goodbye before entering the dark interior of his car. He started his car and pulled out of the driveway, heading back towards the city.

Junsu went home to see his family on his break. It was a nice to see them after his busy scheduled filled with photo-shoots, album meetings and dance practice, to get away from it, for a few days.

Instead of taking the main highway, Junsu drove through the back roads in order to elude press and other unwanted stalkers. The road was rarely used and nature thrived on the sides of the road. During the warmer seasons, the wildflowers made their appearance, a bright splash of color in the green. The trees leaned inward all down the road, making the trip through as if he was in a different world. Junsu preferred to drive in silence when he went through this particular road. It was a drastic change from what he was used to. Always surrounded by people, camera, and man made products, would make anyone want to run to the hills so the endless amount of trees was a welcomed distraction. On nicer days, the world was a beautiful shade of emerald. However, tonight the sky was darkening and the wind picked up bringing in the dark gray, storm clouds. The tree branches danced dangerously around, threatening to break off and hit his car as he drove underneath them. He picked up speed in order to avoid any falling branches. The last thing he wanted to do is get in an accident.

Junsu took his eyes off the sky and focused on the road. His eyebrows scrunched up as he the car's windshield wipers when fat droplets began to fall. He frowned as he was forced to slow down as the rain increased. The rain was coming down hard. The windshield wipers looked as if they were about to fly off as they struggled to keep the windshield clear.

With a deep sigh, Junsu hunched over his steering wheel. There was no chance he was going to get back to his place anytime soon. His mouth was set in a thin line as he held onto the steering wheel tightly. With no way to see the road, he hit every pot hole and the disturbance made him move unsteadily from side to side. Flashes of lightening lit up the night. However because of the rain, it only made it harder for Junsu to make his way froward. Would have it been better to use the main road?

Patches of fog sprouted up and that slowed Junsu down to a crawl. He looked down to his radio too check the time. 9:15 pm. He was supposed to meet up with Jaejoong. The man was feeling down lately and Junsu was going to go and spend the night with him. But with the way it was going, it seemed that he wasn't going to make it. It would be best to call and tell him to go to bed. He wouldn't be able to get drinks with him.

He took his eyes off the road to search for his phone in his bag that was on the passenger seat. A sudden bright light from the corner of his eye brought Junsu's attention back to the road in an instant.

Another car was coming from the opposite direction. Junsu's eyes widened when he noticed that the lights were blinding and showed no signs of slowing down. With no other option, Junsu squeezed his eyes shut and tensed waiting for the impact.

His car shook from the sudden rush of wind from the car but there was no crash. Junsu let out a short, hard laugh. The car narrowly missed him. That was close. He shook his head, his arms shaky and pressed forward, eager to get out from underneath the storm cloud. He never liked driving in a storm. The thunder and lighting was made him more anxious than relaxed. Nature is beautiful and dangerous Junsu thought as he bit his lip. 

A sudden blast of light was the last thing Junsu saw before he felt his head snap forward against the steering wheel.