chapter 1

my answer is you

//As the sun set, the few thin strips of clouds on the horizon turned shimmering gold. The sunsets have been glorious lately, all rosy & salmon-pink. Chung-Ae trudged her way home, she was done with her shift for the day as she'd made a turn at the corner making her way back home. Chung-Ae had just finished stacking up numerous piles of books at the library today. Well, it was worth it at least. She rested her eyes on the horizon, where the fiery orange sun was setting, casting pink hues that spilled across the sky. Passing by shophouses & streets she finally made her way back to her comforts of her home. Mrs.Park was stationed in the kitchen as usual, as she'd gestured Chung-Ae over. " Chung-Ae. Do you mind sparing me a moment? " Mrs.Park would call out to her here, as Chung-Ae nodded in silence. She stumbled onto the couch as she'd waited for her mother to speak. Mrs.Park took off the flour-stained apron she was now holding in hand as she'd hung it onto the rack swiftly before heading towards the living room. " I've decided, you're going to school tomorrow. "

//Mrs.Park would let a long sigh escape her lips. Chung-Ae widened her eyes in shock. The shock robbing off her speech. " W-what's with the sudden decision? " She'd questioned, open slight ajar as she gulped nervously. " You have been working at the library for almost 2 years now, you need to go to school. Your dad and i, we can't possibly.." She shook her head in dismay, continuing soon after. " We can't possibly get you to keep working, can we? You need to go live a life like aa 18 year old would. And not spending your entire time in that dusty bookshop. " She'd reasoned, averting her gaze as she'd looked away. " Its' fine. I don't mind honestly. " Chung-Ae would reassure her mother here, as she'd rest her hands on her shoulders giving it a tight squeeze. " But, we care. We care for you Chung-Ae & we want you to lead a meaningful life, with no regrets. " Mrs.Park stood up from her seat as she made her way towards the kitchen, resuming her daily routine. 

//Chung-Ae would let out a sigh of despair as she'd head up towards her stuffy & cramped room of hers. She plopped on the bed as she'd place her hands behind her head, trying to catch a grasp of what she had just heard. She, Park Chung-Ae was going to high school? How could she? She disheveled her hair in fustration as she'd roll her eyes irritably. This isn't going to work. 

                                                          tumblr_inline_mq6priHVzy1qz4rgp.gif

//" Shoot. " She'd muttered under her breath, the morning was cold and wet with a brisk wind sweeping the rain across the land. She'd clutch her umbrella in hand as she'd fasten her pace. "Ahem." She'd looked up here, upon meeting the cold stares of a rather perculiar lady as she stood in the gateway, scrutinizing Chung-Ae. " Well..you're pretty late aren't you? " She'd folded her arms, and shook her in disapproval. "S-sorry. " Chung-Ae shot her a guilty look, gnawing on her bottom lip anxiously. " Im going to have to take your name down, young lady. " She'd raise her eyebrows, pushing her glasses up her nosebridge as she'd scribbled something down on a piece of paper before handing it over to the security guard who was now eyeing Chung-Ae suspiciously. " You may go now. " She'd nodded her head, turning on her heels. Chung-Ae bowed as a sign of respect, excusing herself as she'd dashed up to the nearest classroom she could find. 

//" 2A,." She'd mummer, as she'd glance through the hallway. She'd brushed past several oncoming students here as they shot her looks. She'd ignore their constant stares as she'd frantically rushed up the stairs, looking for her source of help. She cursed silently upon realizing she was already an hour late. " Great. " She told herself. She had already missed a few lessons now, she couldn't afford to lose another. " Chung-Ae? " She'd spun around upon hearing her name called, she'd prayed silently not to get into detention at least on the first day of school. 

//" J-jong-in?" She'd widen her eyes in realization. Oh gosh, where had he been when she needed him the most? "Jongin! Oh my god, thank god you came in the nick of time. Ugh, I owe you one. " Chung-Ae would approach him here, as she'd grabbed him by the wrist. " Now would you kindly please tell me, how do I get here? " 

//" Im so sorry. " Chung-Ae would apologize here, as an apologetic frown ceased her forehead here. " " No worries. " The lady in a white blouse diverted her attention to Chung-Ae as she'd gestured for her to enter the class. Several mumers could be heard as she'd walk hasitly to an empty seat which now struck in the corner of her eyes, Window seats. She fumbled into her seat as she'd toss her neccessary books for the day. Strangely enough, the seat next to hers was always empty. She figured it was probably because they were too many seats to began with. Lessons continued as usual, as she'd rested her head against the windowpane. 

//It was soon reccess, as Chung-Ae got up from her seat. She'd trot down the flight of  stairs here as she made her way towards the canteen, with the help of several classmates. She glanced around, eyeing the stalls as she'd head towards one joining the queue. The canteen was soon filled with hungry & chatty children as they sat in large circles. Chung-Ae let a sigh escape her lips. She had always been lonely since the first day of school, it was not long before she decided to drop out to help out at the bookshop. Now that things were going pretty well financially, she was given an option to be able to resume her education though she was hesitant to. 

//Back in elementery school, se hardly spoke to anyone, and even if she was approached she'd gave them a nod or a smile. It kinda made it really diffiult for anyone then to even try to approach her more or less talk to her. But, she was fine with that. She never wanted the attention anyways. The only friend she ever had was Jongin. He had been her childhood since as long as she can remember. He was the one she'd look for, when she was faced with difficulties. Jongin and her shared wonderful memories & the thought of it made her heart flutter. She enjoyed his company as much as he did. The two were inseperable. 

//However, Jongin wanted to pursue his career. He was an avid dancer & would dance for hours. He was given a great oppourtunity to study aboard and he chose to. Since then, they haven't really spoken much probably once or twice month through letters & postcards. She wouldn't be able to recognize him if not for his recent posts on SNS. He had now became one of the members in the most popular boy band in the entertainment industry, EXO that is. Girls go head over heels for him, they liked him for his looks & the swift movements as he danced under the dimlight. How she wished she could return to the days when it was just him & her, they liked it like that anyways, 

//Her thoughts were soon disrupted by the sudden jerk behind her. " Chung-Ae!" Jongin would sneak his hands around her waist her as he'd give her a tight hug. " Erm. " She'd gulped, her cheeks suddenly took on a bright, pink hue, and she smiled a shy grin. He unraveled his arms around her as he'd ruffle her hair playfully. "Aigoo, haven't you grown a teeny bit? " He'd cooed, a laugh escaping his lips. " Tch, Same goes for you. " Chung-Ae would nudge him here as he'd roll his eyes irritably. It wasn't long before she reached her turn, as she'd ordered a medium-sized burger set lunch, munching on it hungrily. 

//Lunch was soon over as she'd trudged back to class, Jongin next to her as he'd stared at her intently. "Wae?" She'd mouth, raising her eyebrows in curiousity. He'd shook his head as he'd grabbed her by the wrist. " Class starts in 5. " He'd smirked. Shoot. She'd wriggle from his grasps as she'd made a dash towards her class. Today was going to be long day. 

A/N: hihi, just a teeny weeny update. Sorry for the false update earlier on~ ^.^  P.S: i promise to make the next one slightly longer! 

Thumbs up for the new poster? ^