EXO Next Door

You only got One shot!

“Wahhh Oppas are good!” Maxie thumbs up while she is watching TV. While in the kitchen I am on the phone with Yeol Oppa.

 

“Oppa wae?”

“You and Maxie should come to our shoot!”

“진짜(really) ? Can we really?”

“ 응 (eung)! I told manager hyung to pick you girls up!”

“그래? (Gurae?) Okay, Oppa we’ll get ready.”

“이따봐용! (See you later!)”

 

“Unnie who was that on the phone?” Maxie asks coming into the kitchen grabbing a glass of water. “Ah! It was Yeollie Oppa.” I smile and open the fridge taking out ingredients to make sandwiches for the oppas and staff before leaving. “He wants us to go over to the drama shoot.” Maxie squeals, “Ah, Jinjja? Since unnie is making sandwiches, I’ll make kimbap!” I giggle continuing to make sandwiches as Maxie makes kimbap. When we are all finished and packed, I take out some drinks setting everything by the door.

 

“I’m going to change now dongsaeng.” Maxie responds taking off her apron and heading to the room. “Me too.” I go to my room and get ready coming out with a simple outfit. A cute white vneck shirt with a thick black and red cardigan, black skinnies with red wedges. Maxie comes out with a black and white shirt, white shorts along with a small jean backpack and white low cut converse. “Cute! I likey and oppas will too.” I compliment followed by a wink. We both walk to the door saying “Kaja!!”

 

As we go out with the bags of food and drinks I lock the door behind us and head to the front where manager oppa is waiting for us. We wave to him. “ Hi oppa!” He greets us grabbing the heavy bags giving us a hand. “Anneyoung girls!” We thank him with a head bow and I head to take the front seat.

 

As we drive we start talking, catching up with stories from the past few months we have not been in contact. I start off, “How have you been manager oppa?”

He replies, “괜찮아 (I’m alright)! how about you girls?” As I look through my phone choosing a song I reply, “ I’m good now. I was sick for the last two weeks with no voice… right dongsaeng?” “Neh. That’s right. And I had a lot of school work.”

 

I nod to the music and ask manager oppa, “How much longer till we get there?”

“Around 5 more minutes,” He smiles in reply. “진짜 (really)? That’s so close. I’m so excited to see them again after a year,” I giggle and clasp my hands.  “Me too. I haven’t seen my Baek oppa for awhile.”

“We’re here girls!” Manager Oppa says before Maxie and I even finish our sentences.

 

After manager parks the car we get out of the car and we head to the shoot excitedly linking arms. Maxie and I skip excitedly, “ I am so excited! Good thing I didn’t have any practice today at the company.” I reply, “Ah right! That is a good thing. Now shush I see them up ahead so let us surprise them.”

 

Maxie giggles but then covers and follows her unnie. We both hide between the staff getting closer and closer to them as they monitor the scene they just shot. I get behind Yeol and Kyungsoo about to scare them while Maxie stands behind Baek and Sehun. We jump out, “Rawrr!!” The boys all scream and jump while we girls laugh out loud holding our stomachs.

 

“Anneyoung oppas!!” we both say as we laugh more crouching onto the ground. “Surprise! We’re here!” I say as I hug my stomach and Maxie goes and hugs Baek. “Hi Oppa! I missed you,” We both say but Maxie says to Baek while I say it to Yeol oppa hooking my arms around his neck. “Anneyoung Ella-yah!” Yeol says as he hugs me after regaining his energy from being scared. I blush hiding myself into his chest. ‘Oh how I just love being in his arms at his height.’ I quickly let go and hug Kyungsoo beside me who was just watching and standing there waiting. “Hi Oppa! I missed you also!” “Hi Ella.” He says as he hugs and pats my back.

 

Maxie lets go of Baek and holds onto Sehun’s shoulder. “I. Can’t. Stop. Laughing. Someone. Help.” Sehun holds onto Maxie’s waist so she won’t fall. “Dongsaeng careful! yah! It wasn’t funny my heart dropped. I thought it stopped.” Baek responds and slaps Sehun’s hand away giving him a death stare. “Yahh! Don’t touch my jagi!” Having a mental breakdown Maxie starts laughing more crouching onto the ground again holding her stomach. “Jagi~ 일어나! (Get up!) Stop it was funny but it scared the shizz out of us I almost peed my pants!” Baek says as he pulls her up by the waist. “Oppa you are making me laugh more.” Maxie continues to laugh slapping Baek on the chest.

 

“Time to shoot again boys!” The director calls out. “Talk to you later dongsaengs. Kaja EXO!” Yeol gathers the boys up after finishing his talk with me. “We’ll be cheering for oppas here. Fighting!” We yell out going to Maxie bringing her away from the shoot to stop her laughter and to help me pass out the drinks to the staff. “Come on dongsaeng. I need your help to pass these out so they can do good for the shoot.”

 

Maxie finally stops laughing and gives one of the staff a drink while bowing, “ 수고했어 고맙습나다! (Thank you for working hard).” I go to the director and lighting staff giving a drink with a bow, “수고했어 고맙습나다! 오빠들 잘 부탁해요! (Thank you for working hard and please look after our oppas.)”

 

After passing them out we watch our oppas act on the sides. Maxie giggles quietly from Baek and Sehun’s couch moment while I cover my face in embarrassment. “EEK!” I make a sound but cover my mouth quickly and get shushed by some staff and my dongsaeng.

 

“Yeol Oppa is so different, It is like Kyung and Yeol oppa changed souls.” Maxie whispers to her unnie. “Yeollie oppa is so cool!” I giggle quietly blushing while looking at him. “Pft. Unnie you fell for him really!” She giggles at her unnie. “Shush! Don’t tell Junhong.” I wink as we continue to watch the oppas acting.

 

The director calls out, “...and cut! 수고했어! (You worked hard!) Break everyone!”

Maxie runs over to Baek and Sehun with thumbs up then starts laughing once again. “Oppas 잘했어!” I walk and clap to the boys after they bow to everyone before heading towards us. I link arms with Yeol, “Oppa! 완전 멋있어 (You are so cool)! You are the total opposite from yourself in this drama. Is that okay?” He responds with a shy smile, “Neh. Gwenchana.” I giggle and pull Yeol to the van. “Kaja oppas! Let’s get some food at the van!”

“Eyy.” Baek smirks at Yeol and I then drags Maxie to the van. “Kaja jagi! Let’s go get food also.

 

I take out the food and pass it out to the boys. “Here I made sandwiches and dongsaeng here made kimbaps!” Maxie rubs her tummy then grabs a kimbap and eats it, “배고파 (I’m hungry).” I open my mouth, “Me too~ someone give me something to eat.” Then I see Kyung Oppa give me half of his sandwich.

Maxie then suggests, “I want bubble tea. I’m gonna go get some across the street. Anyone want to come?” I put my hand up while chewing, “I am staying and hanging out!” Sehun excitedly gets up putting an arm around his dongsaeng (Maxie), “Me! Me! Me! I want some too!” Then Baek grabs Maxie by the waist and winks, “Of course me.” Maxie waves linking arms with Baek and Sehun who are glaring at each other, “Well we’ll be back in 10 minutes unnie. Anneyoung!” I giggle at the sight of them as they walk off.

 

Walking to the bubble tea store…

Maxie starts giggling. “What?,” Baek and Sehun look at their dongsaeng with confused looks. “Oh, nothing. Its just you guys look like you were having fun doing that couch scene?” Sehun and Baek’s eyes go wide, “wha-? NO WE WEREN’T!” She chuckles as they arrive at the bubble tea store. “Aha, yeah okay sure. What do you guys want? I’ll pay. My treat!” Baek replies in surprise, “Are you sure jagi? I can pay.” Maxie waves her hands, “No it’s okay oppa. It is my treat!” Sehun hugs Maxie in excitedness, “REALLY?! Thank you thank you thank you.” Baek coughs then pulls Sehun away from Maxie, “I want strawberry jagiya!”

“I want chocolate flavour dongsaeng!” Maxie replies with an “Okiee!” then orders all the drinks.

 

While back at the van where the shoot is… “So how do you like acting oppas?,” I ask. They both respond, “It is fun.” Kyungsoo looks at her and smiles, “ How have you been Ella-ya, it has been awhile.” I look down and speak getting quieter, “I have been good… been sick for 2 weeks with no voice.” Yeol and Kyung react with their signature surprised wide eyes. Yeol says, “Yaa! So you are saying your beautiful voice was not used for two weeks?!?!” I giggle at Yeol oppas comment while nodding, “Yeah but it is all good I have my voice back and as healthy as can be.” I stand up spreading my arms wide but then cough a little smiling, “Oops. Still recovering.”

 

Maxie and the boys come back sipping on their bubble teas. “We have some for you guys.” The dongsaeng gives out the drinks. “Mangooo?!?!??!?!” I ask my dongsaeng excitedly. “Neh! I know you like mango unnie,” Maxie giggles giving her unnie her drink. I giggle along and pop the lips saying, “Yuppers!” Yeol and Kyung whines, “Where and what is mine?” Maxie turns to the oppas where they are pouting handing them out their drinks, “Sorry oppas I didn’t know what you guys wanted. So I picked chocolate for you Yeol oppa and I picked strawberry for you Kyung Oppa.” They both ruffle her hair, “It’s alright. Gomawo dongsaeng-ah~!”

 

Maxie looks at her phone scrolling through instagram as she drinks her bubble tea. She then exclaims, “Ah! Omo! It is BamBam Oppa’s birthday!”

I also exclaim, “Jinjja? Wow he really is growing up.”

“I wonder when would I see him at the company to congratulate him?”

“Maybe tomorrow? You can always say happy birthday tomorrow when you see him.” Maxie giggles, “Ah right. He is my sunbae.”

 

Baek asks, “so how long are you girls staying?”

“Well we were wondering until you guys finish and after the shoot we can hang out at Hangang!” I say excitedly while Maxie responds to Baek cheekily, “I’m staying forever by your side.” Yeol, Kyung and Ella respond to the cheesiness with “Eckk!”

 

Yeol back hugs me and puts his chin on my head. “Oppa?,” I start to blush. “Neh?” he responds but keeping position closing his eyes. “Um don’t they need you on set?” He sighs and takes a deep breath, “Ah right. But let us stay like this for a minute.” I look down hiding and hugging into his arms. “Okay.”

 

In a few minutes the Director calls everyone, “Okay time for shoot again everyone!” Everyone responds and goes to their place. “Neh!” I tap his arms that are around me. “Um… Yeol Oppa! Time to go now.” He lets go with a sigh walking towards the set as if nothing happened. I go to Maxie covering my face then we cheer for the oppas. “Good luck Oppas!”

 

After a while of watching the boys act from episode to episode we get tired and sleepy. Maxie stretches her arms and yawns then putting her head on her unnies shoulder. “I’m so tired. I am going to take a nap unnie. Wake me up when they are done.” I touch her head caressing her hair as she closes her eyes and her breathing settles. “Okay dongsaeng.” I continue to watch them act as the director says action and I talk to them quietly while they are on break and monitoring.

 

“Cut! That one was good but lets film it again just in case we get a really good one.”

“Neh!” The boys get back into place and Yeol winks at me as I cover my blushing face. Baek looks at Maxie and I’s direction, “Eyy Yeol-ah stop it. But oh look how cute my jagiya is when she is asleep.”

Kyung looks at our direction also, “Yeah she is. She must be tired.”

Manager Oppa puts a jacket on Maxie who is now on my lap. “Thank you oppa,” I say as my eyes fall heavy and fall asleep also.

 

One hour has passed and shooting was finally over. After the boys bow to the director and staff greeting their hard work, Kyung and Baek goes up to us first waking us up with a smile and a shake, “Hey dongsaengs! It’s time to go.”

I wake up groggily and see Yeol and Kyung in front of me. Kyung lends out a hand to help me up. “Gomawo oppa,” I get up and walk to the van leaning between Yeol and Kyung. Baek slowly stands up holding Maxie by the waist, “Yah Jagii let’s go to the car now.” Maxie wakes up groggily with a yawn, “You’re done?” Baek nods and goes to the car, “Neh.”

 

Baek enters the car behind Maxie and sits beside her. “Unnie, Oppas, Baegopa!”

We all say, “Me too dongsaeng!” I tell the manager, “Oppa can you drop us off at Hangang please?” He responds while driving, “Okay, It is pretty late anyways you should be fine. Just behave okay? Don’t get caught either.” Everyone responds, “Neh Hyung/Oppa!” Maxie whines, “Is there food there?” Sehun replies, “Of course there is! We have been there many times.”

“Ah jinjja? ah right right. Get it together Maxie!” She slaps her face lightly. “Mian oppa I must be really tired. I couldn’t think right.”

“Jagi you should sleep more,” Baek says putting an arm around her. She leans on the window, “But aren’t we almost there?” Yeol says beside me, “Maybe another half an hour.” Maxie pouts and puts her head on Baek, “Awe.”

 

Yeol puts on hip-hop music, “Now lets get this van pumped up!” Everyone sings along to the songs that Yeol plays until they arrive at Hangang. “We’re here boys and girls,” Manager Oppa stops the car then Kyung opens the door. “Gomawo oppa!” Maxie and I say as we bow and wave at manager oppa as he drives off. “So where are the food stands oppas?” I ask EXO. “It’s by the bench over there. Kaja!” Sehun points and grabs Maxie by the arm. We all walk over to the food stand. I then ask, “Who’s paying?!” Maxie puts her hand up, “Me!” I back hug Maxie and put my chin on her head. “Ani dongsaeng! One of the oppas. You already treated us to bubble tea.” Baek pulls out his wallet, “I will pay only for my Jagiya, Sehunnie and I.” Yeol puts his hand up and then holds my hand giving me a wink, “I’ll pay too. For Ella, Kyunggie and I.” I playfully slap his arm and try to escape his grasp but he holds on tighter making my face go tomato, “Yah Oppa! Hajima!”  (Omo what is this feeling. Ella snap out of it you already have Zelo!!!) “Gurae!” Kyung and Sehun exclaim in excitement since they don’t have to pay for their food. Yeol and I line up but he doesn’t let go of my hand instead he puts it into his sweater pocket.

 

“오빠 떡볶이 사줘 (Oppa please buy deokbukki)!” Maxie aegyos for Baek. “Gurae! Anything for my jagi,” he pinches her cheeks. I make a puking noise because of the adorable cheesiness. “Unnie!” Maxie says as she slaps me on the arm. “Mian you guys are too cheesy,” I giggle. “Eh? You guys are,” she points at me and Yeol. “Us? nooo,” I wave my hand in disagreement. Baek looks at Yeol’s pocket and I remembered my hand is with his in his pocket. I try to let go again but he grips on more tightly. “Oppa?,” I look up at him. Yeol looks at me and I point to his pocket. “Neh? ah, mian,” without looking he lets go. “Gomawo oppa,” I stick my hand in my pockets looking away.

 

“Kyunggie Oppa what do you want to eat?” Maxie asks behind us. “Na? Sundae, Omuk and deokbukki,” he responds looking at me then glancing at Maxie. “Omuk nado joahae!!” Maxie jumps in excitement. “Deokbukki Joahae!!” I add to the excitement. Sehun starts poking her sides. “Maxie~ Dongsaeng~!” “Ne?,” she responds poking him back. Sehun gives the dongsaeng a back hug making Baek jealous. “Hyung~ I want deokbukki!” Baek tries to separate Sehun and Maxie, “Yah! Arasso~!” But Sehun holds his stance never letting go, sticking his tongue out at him. “Mehrong!” I pull Maxie away from Sehun instead while we watch them bicker at each other with one of their hands ready to slap the other. “Gwenchana dongsaeng-ah?,” I ask her. “Neh unnie. They’re just cute,” Maxie giggles in my arms as we continue to watch but they make up with a laugh.

 

Kyung Oppa starts to whine  playfully punching Yeol’s back, “Are we going to eat yet?” He slaps Kyung’s hand away pushing him to the benches, “Yah yah yah! go find a table Dyo~!” Kyung punches Yeol one last time with a smile then walks away finding a table. As the others orders and grabs the food we make our way to Kyung who is fiddling with his phone.

 

“잘 먹겠습니다 (We will eat well)~!” Everyone says before they eat. Maxie starts stuffing with food non-stop and everyone just stares at her. “WHOA!! Bei~ slow down!” I pull back my dongsaeng from taking more food. She starts to giggle with the food in . “Cheon Cheon Hi jagiya~!” Baek says as he rubs her back softly as she drinks water.

 

After a while of eating all the food getting more here and there we are all laughing at all the stories we tell each other, catching up on each and everyones lives. Then I suggest, “I think this is a good time to get soju. Who wants to come?” Everyone continues to chatter not listening to me. “Pft. Ey I’ll just pick..” I poke Kyung and pull him out, “Kaja Oppa!” I wave behind me as if they will notice not looking back, linking arms with Kyung Oppa, “We’ll be back!” Maxie looks at her unnie leaving and yells out, “Make sure to buy me good soju!!!” Yeol looks behind him as he sees Kyung and I walking together. He pouts a little turning away going back to the conversation going.

 

At the convenience store…

Kyung asks in curiosity, “Why’d you pick me Ella-yah?” I make my way picking chips and bottles of soju, “We are the closest aren’t we?” He looks down shyly nodding. “Aigoo Oppa why do you always have your head down?,” after we put down our items I lift his chin up looking me in the eyes. “E-E-Ella?” he responds with his owl eyes. “응?,” I reply. He leans closer but suddenly I look away and walk towards the cashier to pay for our drinks. “Kaja Oppa! They’re all waiting!” Dumbfounded by what it seems rejection he walks out the door following me grabbing the bag of bottle as she carries the bag of chips.

 

We walk back and I wave my hand that is not holding the bag, “We’re back!” We put the bags on the table taking the things out laying them out on the table, “We weren’t long eh?” Kyung scratches his head and takes a seat, “Yeah.” Yeol pats Kyung on the back, “괜찮아 (You alright) ?” He looks up and smiles opening a drink pouring a cup for himself, “Neh! Let’s drink everyone!” Everyone takes a cup and puts it into the air, “CHEERS!” then takes a shot.

 

“Ah right! 생일축하해 오빠 (Happy Birthday Oppa)! ” Maxie takes out a gift from her backpack and gives it to Baek showering him with kisses. Sehun throws a chip at Baek, “Eww hyung!” Maxie slaps Sehun’s shoulder, “Yah!” Sehun hugs Maxie taking her away from Baek and starts tickling her. She slaps him harder, “Yahh! Oh Sehun!!! Stop, it tickles!!” He keeps tickling her, “No! Never!” suddenly she gets up and runs, he chases after her. She screams loud, “Yahh Baek Oppa! Help!” Baek eats a chip and chases Sehun while the rest of us sits there and laughs at the scene. “Yahh Sehun! Give me back my girl!”

 

Maxie runs back to the table and goes under it to hide. Kyung keeps drinking while Yeol and I are slapping our knees laughing until my dongsaeng comes out from the table to sit on my lap, “Unnie, help me! Keep me safe.” I hug my dongsaeng tightly and we both giggle watching Baek and Sehun bicker. We see Yeol and Kyung get out from their seats holding Baek and Sehun back from killing each other. They all come back smiling all grabbing a cup, “Aigoo that was tiring.”

 

Maxie sits down beside Baek and pouts, “Ayuu I have practice tomorrow.” I drunkenly speak, “Dongsaeng-ah don’t drink! It is bad for a trainee.” She smiles at me and waves her hand in dismay, “Aniyo, I have a spare tomorrow morning at school so I can sleep in.” Yeol who is still sober pokes Maxie’s head then goes to me and flicks my head, “Just one or two Maxie no more than that!” I whine and rub the spot that hurts, “Yah Oppa!” He takes the bottle away from me. “Yahh Ella why are you drinking so much?” I laugh happily, “Because…”

 

Kyung who is drunk already says, “Yah, Ella why did you reject me?” and points at her. I look at him with wide eyes, “Eh? When did I do that?” He points lazily at the store giving me a strong stare, “Earlier at the store!” Everyone stays quiet then Yeol speaks up, “Kyung-ah you’re drunk. What are you saying?” Kyung waves his hands, “Aniyaa~ she really rejected me!” He laughs crazily then seriously looks at me where I am covering my mouth in shock remembering what happened.

 

“W-what is he saying.. Ella-yah?” Yeol asks. I shake my head and wave my hands, “He didn’t say anything to me. He didn’t confess to me!” Kyung sighs, “Ah right.. Why didn’t I? I guess I was getting ahead of myself.” I look at him straight in the eyes, “Mwoh? Were you going to say something to me earlier? W-w-what is it?” Kyung shakes his head, “아냐 됐어 (No, nevermind). I was wrong.” Yeol quietly watches and listens heartbrokenly. I lean onto Yeol’s shoulder and pokes his cheeks, “오빠! 좋아해 (I like you).” Shocked Yeol responds with a smirk and a shot, “N-neh? Ella-yah you’re just drunk. You have Zelo.” Suddenly, I hiccup followed with a burp covering my mouth, “Oops. Sorry. Oppa don’t lie. You like me, don't you??” Yeol takes the bottle and cup away from me, “E-eh? Molla… Ella-yah 그 만해 (Stop it)!” I sit up and pout then sit back down putting my head on the table, “Nado Molla!” Kyung also passes out on the table.

 

Yeol looks at the time and it’s 3am. “I think we should all get back. Sehun call manager hyung.” Sehun pulls out his phone and talks to manager to come now, “Neh!” Yeol points at the girls, “We’ll bring the girls home too. Baek you okay to carry her?” Bek nods and gives Maxie a piggy back ride, she nuzzles her face into his neck and holds on tighter. “I’ll carry Ella. Sehun you help Dyo,” Yeol says and puts me on his back. “Neh hyung! Manager is coming in 5 minutes,” Sehun says and carries Kyung. “I guess he’ll be here when we get to the place he dropped us off,” Baek starts to talk as he carries the light dongsaeng “Yeol-ah do… do… do you like Ella?” Yeol shakes his head, “M..m...meo? A..a..a..aniya.” Baek stops in front of Yeol who is carrying me, “Jinjja? Be honest with me Yeol-ah.” He sighs, “Let’s just talk about this another day.” Baek pats him on the back, “Arraso but I have nothing against you liking her but I don’t think Junhong would be happy to hear that.”

 

Manager pulls up to them and opens the door, Yeol puts the girls in first. “Oppa?” Maxie calls out with eyes closed. Baek leans her head to his shoulder, “I’m right here Jagi.” Then Maxie goes back to sleep. I open my eyes a little, “Oppa? Yeol Oppa?” He puts his arm around Ella with Kyung leaning on his other side, “Neh! I’m here.” I rub my eyes and slap my face lightly sobering up, “Gomawo Oppa.”

 

I lean on his shoulder linking arms a few minutes before we arrive at my apartment. “We’re here,” manager oppa says. I open the door and bow, “Gamsahabnida Manager Oppa.”

“Hyung, I’ll just help Maxie up,” Baek suggests. Yeol adds in, “I’ll help with Ella. Hyung please watch Kyung and Sehun. We’ll be back quick!” I walk to our apartment decently with Yeol following closely behind. I open the door for Baek who brings Maxie to her room, “Thanks Baek.” I kiss Yeol’s cheek before Baek comes back, “Thank you for today Yeol Oppa! Thank you Oppas. See you again next time!” I wave them bye closing the door when they get on the elevator.

 

- End 끝 -