Audition Practice

You only got One shot!

“Unnieee~!” Maxie calls out as she walks out of her room all happy and giddy skipping to the living room where her unnie, Ella is sitting on the couch watching Music Bank.

 

“Neh~ dongsaeng?” Ella replies still staring at the TV watching all the newbies debut.

 

“I’m planning to audition for JYP,” the dongsaeng says smiling.

 

Ella turns to her holding up a fist, “Jinjja??? Hwaiting dongsaeng!”

 

“Gomawo unnie! I still don’t know what song to dance to and what to sing, will you help me?”

 

Ella turns off the TV not caring about the show anymore, “so what is on your list?”

 

Maxie scrolls through her phone, “I’m not really sure but I kind of want to sing to Miss A’s new song from their new album, ‘Only U’ in acoustic version but I don’t know a song to dance to.”

 

“Well then let me hear it!” the unnie requests. She looks at her unnie biting her lower lip, “I still need to learn the lyrics because the album just came out yesterday.”

 

“Oh?” Ella says then continues. “If you are going to audition soon then might as well start off with a song you already have memorized.”

 

Maxie sulks onto the couch, “I don’t know what song… maybe Miss A’s I dont need a man?”

 

“and you can also learn the dance to that song,” her unnie suggests.

“Okay! It’s all set then!” Maxie jumps up from the couch. “When are we starting?”

“Now?”

 

“jigeum?”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Okay! Lets do this!” Maxie gets up and gets ready to sing first by warming up her vocal cords.

 

Ella giggles as she gets some snacks and water from the kitchen. When she comes back Maxie starts to sing.

 

Hey this is for all the independent ladies! Her unnie starts to dance and lipsync in her seat as the song goes on.

 

I don’t need a man I don’t need a man!

 

What?” her unnie sings in.

 

Maxie continues to sing, I don’t need a man I don’t need a man!

 

Jinjja?”

 

Ella giggles enjoying the show and puts up a thumbs up as the song ends. “You did great dongsaeng!”

 

 

“Now should we start doing the choreography?” She asks her unnie after bowing when she finishes the song.

 

“Neh!” Ella looks up the practice video on the laptop then connects it to the big screen. As the video continues to play without any pause moments. The girls follow the steps clumsily. Finally Ella pauses the video.

 

“Let’s go step by step!” She puts the video back to the beginning plays a part of the choreo then pauses the video after getting it.

 

“Okay now follow me dongsaeng.” Maxie follows easily catching up fast and continuing on. This goes on for hours until they get the whole thing down.

 

“Okay! I’m going to try by myself now!” Maxie says as she catches her breath.

 

“Okay I’ll watch!” Ella grabs a water.

 

“Ready? Go” then the music plays. Maxie dances the choreo with a few mistakes.

 

As the music ends Ella claps her hands together, “Jalhanda dongsaeng! Just keep practicing this everyday then you will master it in no time.”

 

“Gomawo unnie!” Maxie thanks as she hugs her unnie.

 

Her sister smiles and says, “You’re doing so good dongsaeng just don’t overwork yourself too much. I don’t want you getting sick!”

 

“Thank you unnie for everything especially staying with me!” Maxie says as she hugs tighter.

 

“Anytime dongsaeng! Now go take a shower. You are stinky and sweaty!” Ella holds the bridge of her nose and softly pushes her dongsaeng to the bathroom.

 

Maxie giggles “Mianhe unnie,” then enters the bathroom taking a shower.

 

 

While Maxie is taking a shower Ella picks up her phone and calls Zelo.

 

“Hey Oppa want to come over? Okay. If you’re busy then nevermind. Oh? Really? Okay See you later.”

 

Ella ends the call then texts Baek on Maxies phone quickly as her dongsaeng comes out humming as she dries up.

 

“Mian dongsaeng. So what do you want to do tonight?”

 

“Mollayo~” She sings.

 

As Ella responds acting sad, “Me neither” the doorbell rings.

 

“Nuguseyoong?” Maxie walks to the door and opens it revealing Baek and Zelo standing tall behind his hyung.

 

“Oh? Mwoyaa? why are you here? Don’t you have to practice for your comeback?”

 

In shock Maxie hugs Baek then waves at Zelo. “Annyoung Oppa!”

 

Zelo waves back then runs to Ella hugging her tightly. “Ella-yah I missed you!!”

 

“Omo I can’t breathe Junhong-ah” Ella struggles as she taps his arms.

 

“Hehehe Mian,” he apologizes as he showers his girlfriends face with kisses.

Ella covers her face stepping back slowly, “Zelo stop it! It’s embarrassing.”

“Noona~” Zelo says with aegyo still hugging her.

 

“Omo! Wae gurae? Maxie-ah, Baek oppa! Zelo wae gurae?”

 

 

Maxie does not pay attention as she is too busy fangirling over EXO’s ‘Call me Baby’ music video, giggling along with Baek. “Eo? Unnie you called me? Oppa Oppa Oppa! You look so cool here~ yeogii!”

 

Ella rolls her eyes as she is getting dragged along. “Ugh nevermind.”

 

“Chankanman! We’ll be back in a sec hyung!” Zelo says as he drags Ella to the bedroom.

 

“Woah! Lay Oppa looks so handsome!” Maxie squeals then continues, “and chanyeol oppa and D.O Oppa and Kai Oppa and Chen oppa and Tao Oppa and Suho Oppa and moreeee!!!”

 

 

She looks over and catches Baek staring at her, “Oppa are you hungry?”

 

Baek acts cute clinging onto Maxies arm, “Baegopa~ make me food please!”

 

“Fineee Arasso! Only because you’re working hard.” She gets up and ruffles his hair heading into the kitchen.

 

“So how was filming the MV? Mian I didn’t come to the shooting because I don’t want to distract you.”

 

Baek back hugs his girlfriend as she is preparing to make a sandwich. “It was fun as usual but I missed you.”

 

 

Ella walks out of the bedroom with Zelo behind. “We’re back ! So what are you guys talking about?”

 

Maxie responds as she feeds Baek some baby tomatoes. “Eyyy. Hey unnie! Just making a sandwich for puppy here. You?”

 

“We just finished talking and catching up with Junhonggie here,” Ella says as she wraps her arm around Zelos neck. “So Baek Oppa how was your album and comeback prep?”

 

Letting out a big sigh Baek says, “Gwenchana. It was fun running around to our spot when filming but it was very tiring also.” He pauses then sighs. “We didn’t get to sleep that much but it’s all good now.”

 

Ella responds and suggests. “We’ll help you get some rest Oppa! Since we’re together let’s all go to the spa!”

 

“mhm! Kaja!!” Everyone says excitedly.