I'm my own worst enemy.

Be still heart of mine.

 

I was laying down in a bed, I could tell it wasn’t mine. The pillow made ruffling noises and the sheets were itchy and thin. I reached my hand to my head only to be stopped by something. I opened my eyes to see what. It was an Iv, in my hand… Why? I scanned the room and Mark was sitting in another chair on the other side of the bed, my hand in his. I smiled to the fact that he was holding my hand. But, why was I in the hospital? I had only hit my head a little and the bleeding should have been from a small scratch the shelf may have caused. I yanked my iv out wincing in pain and reached my had back up to my head. A giant gauze patch was taped on my forehead and another behind my ear. I had tubes in my nose too. What the heck? All this because I fainted over a little blood? I tried prying my hand out of Marks so I could go look in a mirror but, Mark woke when I moved.

“Kasi?” he said with tired eyes. I nodded and gave him a questioning look.“How do you feel? Does it hurt? I gave you a morphine drip about 2 hours ago with your iv…Why did you rip it out?” he said coming to the other side of the bed and putting it back into my hand.

“Why am I here? I was barely hurt. I only fainted, you know I can’t stand the site of my own blood.” I said in a raspy voice.

“Because you needed a few stitches and an x-ray but, they found something else…” he said with a sad look.

“Something else?” I said with way too much worry

. “They found a benign tumor behind your ear. You’ll be okay and all but, I want you to take it easy. I’m the one who had to cut it out and stitch you up. And I never want to do that again! Okay, don’t you ever make me do that again!” He almost shouted with tears in his eyes. Why was he getting upset? I don’t understand.

“Okay.. but, can I go home?”  I said still trying to process the fact that I had a tumor… how did I get it? What happened? I guess it could have been far worse.

“Yeah, we can go home. I’m off for the next few days since we have a new surgeon. Apparently he’s high class and was in High demand. Plus, someone has to make sure you don’t hurt yourself far worse.” He giggled, seemed like a forced giggle to me. But, I didn’t want to ask any questions. I just wanted my fluffy pillows and my oversized warm comforter! Mark seemed to be extra cautious around me, although he never hurts me..it’s always me hurting myself. So why did he seem like at any moment he might accidently step on kittens.

“Mark, stop. It’s freaking me out. I’m not made of glass. I get hurt all the time!” I said a little to harsh immediately regretting it when I saw his face drop some more. I didn’t get it, why is he so worried. I’m fine and the tumor was benign. Did I do something else to upset him? Whatever! Like I care! Right?

 I shook it off and we left the hospital finally back in my own house and room. I sat on the bed and scratched my head, careful of my bandages. I took to my mirror to see what damage I had done to myself. I lifted the patch on my forehand to see about 4 stitches and a gnarly bruise.  But, I couldn’t see the one behind my ear. *knock knock*

“Yeah?” I asked looking toward the door. Mark walked in with a silver try filled with bandages and antibacterial junk.

“Time to change your bandages, the one on your head can go tomorrow but the one behind your ear will stay for about a week.” He said taking a seat next to me and taking a patch of gauze with alcohol on it and cleaning my stitched area and placing a new bandage on.

“You should sleep.” He said walking out the door but stopping when I responded.

“No, I’ve had enough sleep. I should probably clean up my mess.” I said standing to pick the DVDs that were left on the floor from my crappy incident.

“Kasi, I can do it. You really should at least rest.” Mark said bending down stopping my hand.

“Mark, seriously I’m fine. I just want to move around I laid in that bed long enough. Please stop acting as if I died or something.” I tried to finish but Mark threw his arms around me and in shock I just sat there. “Sorry Kasi”